The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY UNIT 2 HIGHER CHY2H January 2012 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by outsider95
you wont get a mark for saying all 3, the exam will allow both evapouration and filtration, but it wont say ignore crystallisation, so because you wrote that i think the mark will get negated

Would they allow evaporation on its own?
Original post by zoologist7
Oh dear!

did you hear the story about the guy who grew a penis on his forearm?
Reply 122
Original post by Math12345
He's wrong. :wink:

Why do u think he's wrong?
Original post by Imanerd
Why do u think he's wrong?

I know he is. And when the boundaries are released you will realise. :smile:
Can anybody do us a massive favor? Can anyone recall all the exam questions and marks per answer. Would be a great help. :biggrin:

Hopefully I am.
(I hope my answers are correct though!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Basit2010
Did you do the c3 paper? xD do you think you could predict grade boundaries on that? LOL

I didn't do it but I mayy be able to predict it
I would go with

A* 33
A 28
B 24

How does that sound to you?
Original post by Georgehigginson
I didn't do it but I mayy be able to predict it
I would go with

A* 33
A 28
B 24

How does that sound to you?

like ****...

mate your gonna regret posting that when these boundaries arrive
like ****...

Hahaha, really? Was it hard?
mate your gonna regret posting that when these boundaries arrive

More like your 'so called' record of prediction is going to end. :wink:
Hahaha, really? Was it hard?

lol your predictions arent that bad, last year was 32 for an a* and this everyone thought this paper was harder than that, i probably lost 9-10 marks on the c3 paper so a low grade boundary would be ideal.
Original post by Imanerd
Would they allow evaporation on its own?

if the question asks you how to seperate a precipitate, they will allow evaporation AND filtration

if the question asks to seperate a SOLUTION they will only alow evaporation

in this case, evaporation would get you a mark

We'll see :wink:
Reply 134

Did the guy predict too high or too low?
lol your predictions arent that bad, last year was 32 for an a* and this everyone thought this paper was harder than that, i probably lost 9-10 marks on the c3 paper so a low grade boundary would be ideal.

Ah, good luck
Original post by Imanerd
Did the guy predict too high or too low?

I can't tell you that, but he is wrong. That's all I am going to say. Why are you worrying about grade boundaries? Just wait until you get the result and then see.
Reply 137
****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk for the emprical formula i did everything right but did not times the ratios by 2 so got feo2 or something how many marks for working? Also flopped the acid question put chlrorine lols aswell as think i put -2e- for the half equation otherwise did alright, also for the 2 mark error question would they allow a crucible was used which is used to purify substantces? i did however put 2 other errors like weighing etc but just wondering about crucible one. Thanks!
Original post by alex321
for 5a) i) Electrons don't carry heat do they? Therefore it would be the fact they're packed closely together (sorry if i'm wrong)
And 5a) ii) should it be a higher surface area?
Good paper I think :smile:

Metals are good conductors of electricity and heat, because the free electrons carry a charge or heat energy through the metal. The free electrons allow metal atoms to slide over each other, so metals are malleable and ductile.

Quoted from GCSE BITESIZE.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_aqa_pre_2011/atomic/differentsubrev5.shtml

Please do us a favour and shut up. Comments like that will just stress people out.
Reply 139
This exam in comparison with Biology had much smaller, simpler questions that correlated with the mark scheme quite well.

Did the ethanol have weak intermolecular forces AND was it a simple covalent structure? I wrote that and can only hope it's right...

Quick Reply

Latest