This discussion is closed.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
No, mostly they don't. I have heard Elgar's Cello Concerto being played (properly, not a CD) at midnight though. And my next door neighbour is always singing, even when he gets up early to do his essays (although after a few choice words from me, he doesn't do that so much any more).

with full symphony orchestra aswell? that would be very cool. I have to admit to playing thne acccordian a bit (not that i'm into folk music) but it is very useful for traditional harmony in that the buttons show dominant/subdominant relationships. I got in trouble this year for putting on the brahms requiem really loud in my sixth form common room (where the hifi normally only plays hip hop. The next challenge is to get 40 amps and play Thomas tallis's 40 voice motet "spem in alium" on volume 10.

Musicboy
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
with full symphony orchestra aswell? that would be very cool.
Sadly not. The Mem Court rooms are big, but not that big! She was playing it with the piano accompaniment.
Faboba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
But it is very useful for traditional harmony in that the buttons show dominant/subdominant relationships.
I feel like a hick. Is it wrong to know nothing of Music Theory?
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Faboba)
I feel like a hick. Is it wrong to know nothing of Music Theory?
no nothing wrong at all.

MB
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (172)
24.86%
Better than expected (144)
20.81%
Worse than expected (376)
54.34%

Watched Threads