The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It's the hardest unit in my opinion. Dunno why i find it so difficult. Most people think Unit 6 is the hardest :eek: the labour unit 5 one is so easy tho :biggrin: But grr stupid oligopolies and regulation etc :mad:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Cheers Multiplexed :smile:

And you're right about the Unit 4...our Unit 5 is Development Economics, its on the brain as you might have noticed! We also did Industrial Economics as Unit 4. I quite enjoyed it, just done the exam for it in January.
Reply 82
Ohh...how was it? what came up on the exam? Did it go okay? xx
Reply 83
It went well thanks, time was really tight though, had to dash through the essay bits with as few words as possible!

Hmm, what came up, good question! *thinks* Nothing particularly on regulation, both essay questions seemed to want price discrimination related answers. Market Structures cropped up a few times in the multiple choice.

I dont know if you been revising the graphs, like the monopoly graph with AR, AC, MR and MC...all that stuff? It came useful a few times, its quicker to get more marks by drawing graphs than writing huge essay answers.

It did seem like a test of time management than economics though!
Reply 84
Oh damn, price discrimination is the only thing i know, and if that came up in january it's not likely to come up much in summer! silly examiners. I really don't know any diagrams, i only know simple supply and demand diagrams for unit one and the labour market unit :eek: i'm so screwed. ah well, there's still like 3 months to try to learn it :biggrin: I'm really bad at time management in exams. Glad it went okay tho! xx
Reply 85
The graphs make sense with some solid revision, an hour before the exam!

Didn't you have the option to take the exam in January?

I'll get my results in March, so I can re-sit it if I wish in June.
Reply 86
Naa we didn't get the option. I was already taking 'too many' in january anyway, which i'm gonna have to resit again in summer! :eek: xx
Reply 87
Ouch! Best of luck in them! What are your two main choices, Notts and...?

Mines UEA doing Business Information Systems (Business & IT).
Reply 88
Thank you :biggrin: My insurance is Leeds- management and french, or french and management, cant remember which way round! oops. but that's only BBB :smile:

But if i don't get into Notts, i'll just...um...beg them for ages, and if that fails, i might be able to try to get in for just french or something, then take management modules xx
Hey guys, its nice to see some other people doing management, are you all doing A levels at the moment then? Not meaning to rub it in or anything but its so nice to have done them last year and not have to worry about whether im going to get in!
if you've covered this already im sorry but where are you planning on applying for accomm? i was gna go self catered at raleigh but after having a gap year its gotta be catered on jubilee - food shopping is so much hassle!!
^ Ah... welcome! There's like a million of us now .

I'm applying to Raleigh (self-catered). I think it's the closest self-catering accomodation to the Jubilee Campus which is the main reason i'm choosing it.

You're so lucky to have gotten rid of A-Levels. :angry:
Reply 91
YAY our millionth member of the management crew! :hello:
I wish i KNEW i was going. Really cannot be arsed working this year. It's so not funny, i have so much to learn, i know NOTHING. argh. nevermind. I just hope the examiners are nice to me when marking my papers :biggrin: xx
wow that must be a first, one million members! the management crew is officially the best!
I'm really worried cos my insurance choice is Birmingham and they want ABB too, so if I dont get ABB im screwed!
I hope the examiners will be nice too, this years work has been so hard, we desrve to go to notts.
YAY another person who applied for jubilee!!!!!
Reply 93
Jubilee Crew!!!

Damn you already knowing that you're going! So envious.
Reply 94
.x.jen.x.
Grr..well..you have a WHOLE degree of it...if you choose Notts, we get to drop it in like 4months! Except for the economics modules anyway. :p: xx

Yeah well Economics is what I want to do:p:
I wish I already had my grades, I'm going to go insane and do backflips once I'm out of my last exam in summer!! I'm all excited just thinking about it:biggrin:
*thinks of lessons tomorrow*
And I'm back down to earth:rolleyes:
Are you guys all doing ecpnomics this year? I found that pretty hard last year, not leas cos one of our teachers was a crazy greek lady who made little sense at the best of times!:biggrin:
I was gonna go Raleigh Park too, it looked really nice, and my mates there and apparently its much better that St Peters even though its a wee bit older, not just the buildings, but its closer to campus etc. I only decided Jubilee at the last minute, cos i'm living in Germany for a few months as part of my gap year and its so much effort to live! cooking, cleaning, shopping etc!! so i figured if they'll cook for me in the first year its one less! although i was a bit worried aboutit being less sociable, as it was more like a hotel!
Reply 96
ive been offered a place to do management and german!! not sure if im takin it tho i can't decide!!!!
Reply 97
a million and one, nearly a million and two people! wahey :biggrin:
So, management eh?

(lame attempt at trying to revive the thread)
Reply 99
Haha, i really wanted to before. :p: glad you did it before me. we haven't really succeeded tho xx

Latest

Trending

Trending