The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JammyChoos
Thanks. I'll check them out

Hi there,

I have dots scars (from ingrowns) on my legs so I like to cover up too.

So you can get swimming leggings: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0075304ZQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p193_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1DM7FECDWFN62QZJCXN8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317828027&pf_rd_i=468294

You can now also buy them from asos:
http://fashionfinder.asos.com/womens-WE-ARE-HANDSOME/We-Are-Handsome-The-Vacation-Leggings-1428494

I know these are really expensive but basically they do exist just keep an eye out for cheap ones.

Hope that helps.
Reply 21
you also get proper swimming leggings in 3/4 length and long length, sold on ebay, they are great.
I agree with the wearing shorts over the top of your swimsuit option! Think it's less obvious than wearing leggings!

And don't worry about feeling self-conscious cos i think a lot of us do + once you're in the water, no one can really see your body at all, it's only the little part of walking from the changing rooms to the pool :smile:

Hope that helps.

Shani xo
www.stylehoney.com
Utterly bizarre thread to revive but since it applies to something I saw last week I'll add my thoughts: I go swimming every other day. I and several other guys wear speedos which, let's face it, is hardly the most fashionable or modest piece of clothing. But nobody bats an eye-lid. Last week a woman turned up wearing something very similar to leggings and a t-shirt. Loads of people, including the lifeguards stared at her.

If you want to command no attention at the pool, dress how other people do which unfortunately is often very revealingly. If you want to be the centre of attention dress incredibly modestly. It's a paradox but it's true.
Leggings tend to be allowed because I have a few Muslim friends that do that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leggings imo would look odd unless they were surf leggings ( due to the fabric ) :

Have you considered swim shorts (aka board shorts) ? and many look pretty fashionable like at Roxy

And depending on how self conscious you feel you can go for one or another :

If you are chubby or fat shorts would be much better than leggings
hey
you can get swim suits which are made to cover upper legs/shoulders, full leg and full body pretty much, so you could get one of those instead? :smile:
Reply 27
Basically you are allowed because if your leggings and shirt go in the machine than Dur you can swim with it's ok 👍👌
But what if you have to wear leggings and a t-shirt with a swimsuit for religious reasons - muslim
Original post by Agenda Suicide
They probably won't allow it. (Ex-lifeguard/lifeguard when I can here).

Honestly you will struggle when the leggings get wet and it will be harder to swim and they will become all messed up because most leggings are a cheap/weird material.

Anyway you are self conscious, but are people gonna look at see some normal skin and legs and look away or are they going to look at see leggings then think why are they wearing leggings? What have they got to hide? Hey look at her, doesn't she look weird in leggings.

Honestly, trying to disguise stuff makes it worse, be who you are and don't be ashamed, you can't change yourself anyway :smile:

what a strange assertion

a 'leg suit' or a pair of nylon -lycra leggings worn with a nromal swimsuit should not pose an issue.

Latest