The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

think i forgot a to do list last time I was on here, but here is todays all sorted and stuff
-non linear pricing exercise (DONE)
-adverse selection notes to revision notes (DONE)
-adverse selection exercise (started)

before Monday
-Moral hazard notes to revision notes
-adverse selection exercise
-past paper for macro (maybe!)
-print dissertation!!! (:biggrin:)

I think that is pretty good position to be in (although moral hazard will probably like adverse selection take up the majority of a day!)
Went to the library and found & read another article. Nearly got 5,000 now. Feel really tired. I think all of the stress is catching up with me and my body has just gone 'bleeeeeh - sleep!'. I need to read a whole Plato text and analyse it now in order to write the next 5,000. Then I need to find secondary texts and analyse the analysis.
Oh God.

I've only got tonight and the weekend to write 5k and it's taken me about a week to get the first 5k.
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Went to the library and found & read another article. Nearly got 5,000 now. Feel really tired. I think all of the stress is catching up with me and my body has just gone 'bleeeeeh - sleep!'. I need to read a whole Plato text and analyse it now in order to write the next 5,000. Then I need to find secondary texts and analyse the analysis.
Oh God.

I've only got tonight and the weekend to write 5k and it's taken me about a week to get the first 5k.

Don't worry. You can do this. Get a good night's sleep and take frequent BUT SHORT breaks to keep on top of your concentration game!

I am with you on the lots to write - I have a 3k article to write over the weekend. I want to have it done by Sunday afternoon so I can go and print/bind so I don't have to go in at like 8am on Monday to do it!
I think the stress is actually getting to me. I know people are like you shouldn't stress you are a first year and it only counts 9% but I want to try and set myself up well for the next couple of years. My mum sent me a text today and I almost burst into tears :sigh: :sad:
Why is my reading so damn slow?!? :banghead:
Okay, plan for tomorrow:

6am: Hopefully wake up (I've got a coffee maker and an automatic timer = a coffee alarm clock)

7-9am: Go to gym, on way home pick up parcel from post office

9am-10am: Tidy room/bathroom/take out recycling

10am-12pm: Finish reading this damn chapter at last

12pm-1pm: Lunch break

1pm-6pm: General essay reading

If I feel like I've covered enough, I'll take the evening off and watch a movie.
Original post by Aemiliana
Okay, plan for tomorrow:

6am: Hopefully wake up (I've got a coffee maker and an automatic timer = a coffee alarm clock)

7-9am: Go to gym, on way home pick up parcel from post office

9am-10am: Tidy room/bathroom/take out recycling

10am-12pm: Finish reading this damn chapter at last

12pm-1pm: Lunch break

1pm-6pm: General essay reading

If I feel like I've covered enough, I'll take the evening off and watch a movie.

With that all said, We won't be hearing from you tomorrow saying "**** I got up at 1pm"? Right? :laugh:
Original post by FinalMH
With that all said, We won't be hearing from you tomorrow saying "**** I got up at 1pm"? Right? :laugh:

I really struggle to wake up before midday at the moment. :sigh: I don't know if it's my medication or what my medication is supposed to be... Medicating... But all I want to do is sleep! I'm at work right now and all I can think about is sleep.
Spent all day catching up with friends and eating, I'm way too tired to work now. Will have a big session tomorrow.
Supervisor sent over my discussion which he'd commented on... I don't think it's actually too bad so that's a relief. He keeps on going on about how I should have the big picture by now - I think he's worried that I've not really got the conclusions fixed in my head.
Guys... guess what? I finished my dissertation report! YAY! Just a little bit left now.

Saturday:
Proofread dissertation report
write as much of the geology article as poss - aim to finish if at all possible.

Sunday:
finish geology article if not already done
proofread geology article
burn all my files onto a disk
print dissertation, cover, geology article x3
bind
stick everything in my lab book and make it look pretty.
SLEEP!
Original post by hothedgehog
Guys... guess what? I finished my dissertation report! YAY! Just a little bit left now.

Saturday:
Proofread dissertation report
write as much of the geology article as poss - aim to finish if at all possible.

Sunday:
finish geology article if not already done
proofread geology article
burn all my files onto a disk
print dissertation, cover, geology article x3
bind
stick everything in my lab book and make it look pretty.
SLEEP!

Well Done !! keep it up :smile:

My plan for tomorrow, somehow try and finish revising my MTM module.
Original post by hothedgehog
Don't worry. You can do this. Get a good night's sleep and take frequent BUT SHORT breaks to keep on top of your concentration game!

I am with you on the lots to write - I have a 3k article to write over the weekend. I want to have it done by Sunday afternoon so I can go and print/bind so I don't have to go in at like 8am on Monday to do it!

Thank you, short breaks are definitely the way forward. I get distracted way too easily! I'm at 4,895 now so I'm sure to get 5,000 before bedtime. Then I have 2k to do tomorrow and 2k on Sunday. Apparently the max word count is 10,000 but we can use 75%-100% of that.

If I put my mind to it it's manageable.

Hope your 3k isn't too much of a pain.
Reply 2053
Original post by Aemiliana
I really struggle to wake up before midday at the moment. :sigh: I don't know if it's my medication or what my medication is supposed to be... Medicating... But all I want to do is sleep! I'm at work right now and all I can think about is sleep.

Urgh this. Being on a student budget I thought I'd lose weight but medication just makes me put it on.

Off to bed and hopefully I'll be up at a decent time to continue with previous list...
Going to force myself not to log into Facebook till wednesday.
Yeah so pretty much done very little today :colonhash:

Planning to quickly cover all of the content for three modules that I'm not too sure about, over the next few days. Let's see how that works out :cool:

Btw, and I'm sorry if it wasn't in this thread, but does anyone have that cartoon strip where on the left it had all of the person's goals like "Wake up 7 AM", "Go to the gym" and then on the right them just looking at a computer screen?! If anyone could share it I would be very thankful! :biggrin:
Oh yeah. Up on time. Ain't no alarm clock like a coffee clock.
How are people revising for essay-based modules? :dontknow:
I'm up :woo: just got to make sure I don't go back to bed :erm:
Original post by areyouthere?
Going to force myself not to log into Facebook till wednesday.

Why dont u just de-activate it? :yep:

Latest