The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was going to try and stay up, but I'm thinking just go to bed. 3 hours sleep should give my brain enough rest to bash out the rest of my work tomorrow surely?
Original post by Loz17
I was going to try and stay up, but I'm thinking just go to bed. 3 hours sleep should give my brain enough rest to bash out the rest of my work tomorrow surely?
You'd hope so but this is sadly not the case in the long haul. :emo:

I reckon power-napping is far more effective.
I'm so pleased it's thursday, this week has been zooming past but the days have been so long and tiring. I really need to spend an evening just crashing but I also need to write more of my dissertation.
To do today:
- print out readings
- go to 2 seminars
- buy a monthly pass for the bus
- continue on my presentation
I've been sat in the library since 8 procrastinating :colonhash:

Must. Do. Work!
So my plan today is to actually do some work, why is it that the first hurdle is the hardest, once i'm working its great!
I have to do some economic questions, then make notes for my philosophy essay, and do some reading for this evenings lecture, yay!
So I've had a fever suddenly the past few days. Yesterday I was drifting in and out of conscious, it was really weird. Might have overdosed on Lemsip :mmm:

Thank god my body kinda snapped out of it and woke me up half an hour before my 9am. Just had my disneyland interview, my French is surprisingly good.

Things to do today:

- Write up Quantitative Analysis notes
- Go to lectures
- Go to Tesco

:awesome: I'm ahead of myself workwise as I did all my work last week. Lucky because I didn't know I would suddenly be struck down with the plague :colonhash:
Right, plan for today
-Attend lecture at 12pm
-Wash towels
-Finish typing up Cold War Speech- its so so long :/
Reply 1048
to do today:

-lecture 1-3
-briefly skim read over 1 book since I will have a spare 45mins before I head to the train station to go home
-go home
-try finish economics chapter and do exercises on Myeconlab (may not get this done since I'll be spending time with family)

to do tomorrow:
-think about presentation script
-work on my essay/try get towards finishing it
-read politics journals for seminar prep
-find some e-books or journals relevant for other politics seminar prep

Sunday:
-finish essay

writing my list now since I will be too busy tomorrow etc. I have so much to do, the stuff above is only like 10% of what I have to do.
Weather is too good to do any work today. Might just revise in the garden, if i have to.
The uni library was absolutely packed and it was too hot so I decided to go home and write my dissertation here instead. My neighbours have decided to clean their car with their stereo on full blast!! Another neighbour is mowing their lawn. Too noisy :frown:.
Got a really bad headache, getting sick and my throat is really sore >__<
My Cold War presentation goes on and on and on, a bit like the war itself really. Would have been nice if it weren't so long.
Spent three hours scanning in a book that keeps getting recalled. Library: you are my bitch now.

Now I have to start/finish my 2,000 word assignment for tomorrow at 12pm. It'll be just fine.
Finished lectures for the day at about 3pm and then spent an hour with my group researching and dividing up work for the project so that's good. I'm going to write up my lab book tonight and then apply for a bunch of jobs which close over the coming days - just going to spew them all out and hope for the best!
Original post by Stricof
You'd hope so but this is sadly not the case in the long haul. :emo:

I reckon power-napping is far more effective.

I had 4 hours, and starngely I've managed to get a full day of work in too and not been too tired.

Few more hours needed then I should be done with everything. The end is so near yet so far!
Finally finished typing up my speech, except its nearly 6 pages long, going to have to cut it down.
Reply 1057
I hate insomnia. I can't sleep at night, and then when I finally manage to fall asleep I can't stop sleeping early enough to do work and have a productive day. All I've done so far is attend a 2 hour lecture, for which we have a temporary lecturer for until the end of the module and for which this is bound to impact upon the exam as she doesn't know what we have done/should cover, will not listen and is writing the exam. And this is a double module and 100% on said exam. GREAT.
Reply 1058
Scared of my to do list, but think I should write one anyway, also going to have a bit of a moan so I can get it out of my system and move on with revising:

Revise for test: Tomorrow
Exoplanets assignment: Wednesday
Medical assignment: Thursday
Type I lab report: Thursday
Update and alter CV: ASAP
Apply for SEPnet placement: Once CV is done and has been checked by careers advisor
Type II lab report: 4 weeks (?) but it'll probably take that long
Employability module: ongoing
Diversity module: ongoing

Sick and tired of spending 6-7hours on assignments which are worth less than 1% and having tests worth 20% of the module grade with no time to revise. It'd be ok if they were actually on physics, but considering almost every single one has been a test of your ability to memorise formulas you'll never need to know off by heart with little application am starting to feel really crap about it all :sigh: I'm good at physics, my assignment scores prove this, as do my test scores in the few modules I have that are run properly, but am now failing 2 modules based purely on my test results, despite the fact that my assignment grades in one of them haven't dropped below a 1st.

This is a light week but still feel like I'm drowning, cutting down to 8-9 hours at work but not sure how much it's going to help
Realised that there's only one job which closes tomorrow so I'm just quickly applying for that and then giving up for the evening. I had a prolonged search and found about 7 to apply for so that's good. Got them all organised in sequence of applying for!

Also, graduation registration started today - it's the start of the end. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending