The Student Room Group

What do non-skinny girls wear clubbing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sadsnail
It's not about looking slimmer its about wearing clothes that flatter your body shape!

Ie a girl who wasn't slim and toned would not wear a bandeau top and hotpants

exactly, masking it insted of doing something about it.
Reply 61
Original post by LipstickKisses
Not necessarily. I'm size 8 and some clothes make me look a weird shape, so wanting to look 'slimmer' may actually be about wanting to look slimmer in that particular style of clothing.

Agreed, i'm a 5ft 10 stick and some clothes look weirdly shaped on my too and make me look like a giant. It's not hiding away, it's enhancing your best features. :smile:
Reply 62
As you don't know her height, a size 14 may be perfectly fine? :lolwut:

Non-skinny just means someone that isn't skinny, nothing else. Skinny is also subjective, to some it's the same as slim, to others, underweight and to others a shape. So, it isn't wrong.

lol, ok. dont even need to respond, are you genuinely that stupid, or are you trolling.
Original post by Sausage1
Agreed, i'm a 5ft 10 stick and some clothes look weirdly shaped on my too and make me look like a giant. It's not hiding away, it's enhancing your best features. :smile:

I don't see why that guy doesn't get this :s I have a big bust so those smocky top things make me look huge, so obviously I wouldn't wear them despite being thin. It's not just as simple as skinny v overweight, it's about dressing to your shape and style! :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by sconter
exactly, masking it insted of doing something about it.

What is wrong with you?! Do you miss my point or something? It's about looking the best you can with your body shape. Not trying to look slimmer
Original post by sconter
lol, ok. dont even need to respond, are you genuinely that stupid, or are you trolling.

The fact you cannot accurately combat a single one of my points proves who the genuinely stupid one is here.

P.S I'll give you a clue, it isn't me. :teehee:
Reply 66
Original post by SophiaKeuning
So, in the op, it should be 'what do non-thin girls wear clubbing'? Or are we actually suggesting here that the majority of non-big girls who go clubbing are unhealthy?

id rep you, but you said 'non-big' :/ and since i posted in this thread im now red.
Reply 67
Original post by sconter
wanting to look slimmer means you are fatter than you want to be.

this is why dealing in absolutes is stupid, which is another reason i have a problem with the whole skinny non-skinny.

nothing in what i said says you are fat.

It's not about being fatter than I want to be, I'm completely happy with my size, I wouldn't want to be any thinner. It's about what suits your body shape and wanting the enhance your best parts. Some things just look bad on even the thinnst of people.

What's wrong with saying skinny and non skinny anyway?
Some people are skinny and some people are not...
Reply 68
The fact you cannot accurately combat a single one of my points proves who the genuinely stupid one is here.

P.S I'll give you a clue, it isn't me. :teehee:

intradasting. i think you're being serious with this. mind=blown.
Original post by sconter
intradasting. i think you're being serious with this. mind=blown.

Awkward moment when you still fail to combat my point sucessfully. :mute:
Original post by sconter
id rep you, but you said 'non-big' :/ and since i posted in this thread im now red.

:colone:

I was teasing with the non-big, you know-non-big, non-skinny, non-white, non-black, non-Chinese, non-intelligent. Is this what the future holds. :zomg:

I don't want to get drawn into this argument actually. People are always getting upset over these things. And it's becoming very nit-picky for want of a better word.
Reply 71
It's not about being fatter than I want to be, I'm completely happy with my size, I wouldn't want to be any thinner. It's about what suits your body shape and wanting the enhance your best parts. Some things just look bad on even the thinnst of people.

What's wrong with saying skinny and non skinny anyway?
Some people are skinny and some people are not...

bullet points

skinny, non-skinny implies with or against mentality.
skinny has negative connotations.
skinny is bad, therefore non-skinny is good.
it is also like saying 'that person who's not white, not chinese, and not brown' because you are scared of saying black. shes scared of saying chubby or fat so says non-skinny, it's pathetic.
also the fact that a non-skinny girl starts at 12-14, therefore <12 is skinny.
non-skinny, doesnt just mean not slim.
Reply 72
Awkward moment when you still fail to combat my point sucessfully. :mute:

what point?
Reply 73
Original post by sconter
nope.

skinny and slim are the same thing. the top one is anorexic.

no skinny and slim are NOT the same thing. Skinny and THIN are. Slim indicates a bit of body fat (as in the bottom one), thin/skinny connotes just being skin & bones (ie the top)
Original post by sconter
what point?

That not being skinny doesn't automatically make you overweight.

Spoiler

All different shapes, none overweight, not skinny.
Reply 75
Original post by sconter
bullet points

skinny, non-skinny implies with or against mentality.
skinny has negative connotations.
skinny is bad, therefore non-skinny is good.
it is also like saying 'that person who's not white, not chinese, and not brown' because you are scared of saying black. shes scared of saying chubby or fat so says non-skinny, it's pathetic.
also the fact that a non-skinny girl starts at 12-14, therefore <12 is skinny.
non-skinny, doesnt just mean not slim.

people read into things too much :rolleyes:
Reply 76
people read into things too much :rolleyes:

not at all.
Reply 77
That not being skinny doesn't automatically make you overweight.

Spoiler

All different shapes, none overweight, not skinny.

i ddnt ever argue against that.
Original post by sconter
i ddnt ever argue against that.

There is a body weight inbetween skinny and overweight you know :lolwut:

Original post by sconter
and its not called non-skinny.

:teehee:
Reply 79
To be fair most girls wear skimpy clothes regardless of their size...
I never ever wear skimpy clothes though, 1)I'm nowhere near confident enough to do so and 2)I would never wish to inflict that sight on anyone.
I normally wear either a long top and leggings or a dress (a decent length that adequately covers my arse! Sort of halfway down my thighs) and thick black tights. And massive high heels of course :smile:
Even though I do admire a bigger girl who's confident enough to go out in a teeny tiny dress, I do think 'don't kid yourself' ... people (especially drunk people!) can be pretty cruel.

Quick Reply

Latest