reflu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
How is Drama for GCSE if you are shy and not that great of an actor ? Will it be great to help improve one's confidence and public speaking? Or if you are not good an actor than it is simply not for you.
Marlene Dietrich
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by reflu)
How is Drama for GCSE if you are shy and not that great of an actor ? Will it be great to help improve one's confidence and public speaking? Or if you are not good an actor than it is simply not for you.
Depends which exam board youre with on how much is performance marked - it's very close to english literature on the theory side of things so if you like that then that's a good thing to do.

If you're concerned about confidence though then I'd really recommend joing a youth theatre group or a little theatre - google youth theatres and amatuer dramatic societies in your area (am dram is usually cheaper) and go along - they're very friendly and welcoming to new people as a rule so if you're scared don't worry you'll be ok...

Seriously no drama kid worth their tap shoes will be mean to you at a drama class - it's just not done.

xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
56.09%
I don't have everything I need (245)
43.91%

Watched Threads