University of Birmingham A2B scheme

Watch
Juber_miah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So i have been made an offer with A2B scheme but a HELM (Higher Education Learning Module) must be completed. This consists of:

-An online study support module to help with academic writing skills and 75% to pass.

-A student shadowing experience, which will help students find out more about the style of teaching they can expect at university

-An essay specific to the course applied for, set and marked by university tutors, completed after summer exams

I just received an email to do the online study support module. Can someone who's done this before help me with like what sort of stuff they might ask on the multiple choice?
blahblahblah.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Juber_miah)
So i have been made an offer with A2B scheme but a HELM (Higher Education Learning Module) must be completed. This consists of:

-An online study support module to help with academic writing skills and 75% to pass.

-A student shadowing experience, which will help students find out more about the style of teaching they can expect at university

-An essay specific to the course applied for, set and marked by university tutors, completed after summer exams

I just received an email to do the online study support module. Can someone who's done this before help me with like what sort of stuff they might ask on the multiple choice?

Hey I just wanted to ask you a question. I've also applied for the scheme, I just wanted to know if you got an email from lucy hall telling you about the scheme aand if so how longer after did you get your offer?
emilyjcastles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone have any A2B offers yet for 2013 entry for English??
jboy337
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilyjcastles)
Does anyone have any A2B offers yet for 2013 entry for English??
I got an English & Philosophy A2B offer
fazila_94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Juber_miah)

Hey, i need to complete the online test aswell but im stuck on the questions they might ask... all i know is that we need to revise off the website they sent through email
and for the A2B scholarship you need to get 75% first time
uob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fazila_94)
Hey, i need to complete the online test aswell but im stuck on the questions they might ask... all i know is that we need to revise off the website they sent through email
and for the A2B scholarship you need to get 75% first time
Sounds like you answered your own query.
ssflcb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey i just wanted to ask what are you guys writing in that additional infor box for the application form. I am a bit unsure of how and what kinda things to write there ? Any help would be great, Thank you !
Keeran01
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I've just received an email in regards to A2B online test? Has anyone else received this email and does this mean that you have been offered the A2B scheme?
si_a
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Keeran01)
Hi, I've just received an email in regards to A2B online test? Has anyone else received this email and does this mean that you have been offered the A2B scheme?
Yes - you hold the offer as long as you successfully complete the scheme; now you just have to get at least 30/40 on the online test, then pass the the essay on your subject. The online test is pretty easy - just make sure you know the stuff on the skills4uni website, which will actually help you on your essay to an extent (as we will have to fully reference etc. so if you don't know how to do this then website will direct you)
You have 3 tries on the online test so see how you do the first time to get a feel of the questions and then you can always try again later.
REMEMBER TO DO THIS BY THE 31st OF MAY!
fdsge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
its ****ing 2015
fdsge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
beh ni pudi
Mi02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, I got the offer for A2B today. Can I ask what the online module look like? Do u have any example that could help me to prepare/revise for it? Thank you
Purple_pancakes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey has anyone applied to a2b scheme for medicine , is it really hard to get into and tips for getting in.
tsr_help.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Purple_pancakes)
Hey has anyone applied to a2b scheme for medicine , is it really hard to get into and tips for getting in.
There's a more recent thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...=#post70809424

Provided you meet the requirements it should be fine getting an interview. However, at interview you are treated the same as non-A2B applicants so there chances from there are the same as any other applicant. If you are rejected by the A2B programme you still have a chance of a standard offer.
Therefore, my tips would be interview practise and ensuring that your initial application is the best it can be (this includes personal statement, grades etc.).
Purple_pancakes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want to join the a2b programme at the beginning of year 13 for medicine , should I apply when I start year 13 or before. As my 2 of my GCSE grade requirements are jus below but the rest are fine (this is due to an unstable school life of missing years and from school to school, bullying and family problems) should Iexplain this too them as 'special circumstances' ? Can I apply with a BTEC Applied Science qualification and a statistics a-level because this is my only hope.
username1894983
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone else messed up their A2B assignment lol, I left it like to the last minute, didn't even get time to do references, i failed gg got distracted by holidays
foodjunkie1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

has anyone with one parent that has been to uni been accepted on the a2b scheme ??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (133)
14.88%
I'm not sure (40)
4.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
29.98%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed