The Student Room Group

AQA physics UNIT 3 monday 30th jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
This is what I got for the ray question by the way, (in the link attachment)
and I got 3 for the magnification I think, might have been 3.14 not to sure...
Reply 81
Original post by Big_Ben
This is what I got for the ray question by the way, (in the link attachment)
and I got 3 for the magnification I think, might have been 3.14 not to sure...

I got the exact same thing with 3 for the magnification. I hope that was correct.
Reply 82
Original post by Ralphyboy
I think here you got confused between a lens and a mirror. You will probably get a mark for the middle ray, and another if you remembered to put the the arrows on the rays.

Original post by Zaii786
No dont think thats right sorry...Firstly it said you have to only draw 2 rays, and secondly, the green ray should go through the focus on the right side and im not sure what the yellow one was... then you have to trace the rays back and a virtual larger image is formed on the left :smile: you got one ray right so hopefully youll get at least one mark for that!

-______________-
I'm actually really surprised that no ones actually posted an unofficial mark scheme...I think.
Reply 84

I got the exact same thing with 3 for the magnification. I hope that was correct.

Exact same drawing do you mean? I think it's right but I was just unsure because the ray that goes through the focus doesn't meet the eye and I was worried in the exam about that and yes, I got 3. Because I think I got the image to be 4.2 and the object to be 1.4 so 4.2/1.4 = 3 :smile: What did you get for other questions?
Reply 85
Original post by Big_Ben
Exact same drawing do you mean? I think it's right but I was just unsure because the ray that goes through the focus doesn't meet the eye and I was worried in the exam about that and yes, I got 3. Because I think I got the image to be 4.2 and the object to be 1.4 so 4.2/1.4 = 3 :smile: What did you get for other questions?

I don't think you have to worry about the eye.
Reply 86

I don't think you have to worry about the eye.

Suppose not, I'm just glad that one came up because there was a whole lot of them that could have came up which were much worse than that and I think I've got the 3 marks for it! Did you 375 N for the last question?
Reply 87
Original post by Big_Ben
Suppose not, I'm just glad that one came up because there was a whole lot of them that could have came up which were much worse than that and I think I've got the 3 marks for it! Did you 375 N for the last question?

I can't remember, what did the last question specifically say?
Reply 88
Original post by VY Rose

Original post by VY Rose
I retook this earlier because I messed it up last time and it bought my overall grade down... so perhaps I'm in a decent position to advise :P !

What did you guys put for the 'step up' question? It said something like 'Minimum amount of coils to make the apparatus a step up transformer'?

After a little thinking I looked at the diagram, counted the coils on the first (14) and put 15 as my answer :P I'm not sure why people here have looked at voltage on the graph. If you have fourteen coils on one, you simply need more on the other to step up!!

As far as the calculations go, I recall....

Magnification was 3.14

30,000Hz
0.15m from front of screw.

960Nm for children.
Boy produced 600Nm.
The boy weighed 375N...

Hope this reassures some people :P Also, roughly 35 raw marks for A*, 30 A, 25B... :smile:

I got 375 as well! But I got 30 for the graph one because that's the only one they did between 20 and 40. I got 3 for the magnification, not sure what I got for the distance, forgot the calculation I did. For the question on why people couldn't hear it, I said ultrasound waves were used and were over the audible sound range (over 20-000Hz). Oops :P
Reply 89
unit 3? I swear unit3 is the empa.......
What do examiners do if you have written a right and wrong answer in the space provided? I know it sounds stupid but I would just like to know as it occurred a few times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending