The Student Room Group

Most annoying thing people do at University?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Rescue Remedy
my food got stolen and never replaced. the worst thing though ... they put salt in my skimmed milk ( i didnt know this one morning ) i heated the milk up and wanted to have it in some shreddies .... i spat it all over the place. i was fit to murder everyone in sight. i felt so sick it was horrible.

having to go on a safari hunt just to find a dirty spoon or fork and wash it 20 times before it was fit to be used

i lived with like 5 girls none of them knew how to clean out the shower drain.. one brightspark turned off the fridge over the weekend. they were so messy and it was like the party house on campus. i dont mind having a good time but when they think its funny putting salt in someones milk :O they need help. they cracked 4 eggs and left them in the kettle for like 3 days. they used to leave saucepans full of rotten pasta with blue mould. they put salt in someones sugar when they wanted tea. people not living in the house did this

The salt in milk actually sounds funny.

Edit: It would appear other people don't have a sense of humour.
(edited 12 years ago)
The people who leave like a book and a pencil case on a library desk during revision period then don't come back for hours. So annoying!
Though the uni allows you to move their stuff and take the desk yourself if they don't return for 2 hours now or something, and saw the funniest note the other day " "i've left your bag, coat, and books at reception. You can't reserve a seat FOR 4 HOURS!!!!"" left on a desk haha.
People uploading pictures of redbull/other high caffeine drinks to facebook with some comment like "another all nighter for me" gets me ridiculously annoyed.
People talking during lectures in a foreign language! Not only can I not hear what the lecturer is saying, but I can't understand what they're saying either :frown:
Original post by internet tough guy
haven't i seen something similar for another uni (think nottingham?)

I've seen the exact same letter from Durham and St. Andrews on Facebook.
Reply 65
When people study whilst I procrastinate
Reply 66
Academic - Reserving books when you haven't finished with them.

Halls related - Not cleaning up after themselves and breaking everything.
Reply 68
Original post by bestofyou
thats not annoying, just dedication to the cause.

Maybe. But it gets pretty irritating when you're the one they're constantly whinging to about how they can't afford to buy food the next day. :tongue:
Reply 69
Original post by GermanScientist
People talking during lectures in a foreign language! Not only can I not hear what the lecturer is saying, but I can't understand what they're saying either :frown:

Really? I actually find it much more distracting when I do understand what they say.
Original post by KJane
Maybe. But it gets pretty irritating when you're the one they're constantly whinging to about how they can't afford to buy food the next day. :tongue:

I was only joking. But I don't find it annoying. I just tell them they are idiots for not buying a £2 bottle of cider and going out pissed, walking home less pissed , less of a hangover the next day and with money in the bank.
Reply 71
Original post by skunky x
This is annoying me so much. I must look like a right nerd because I'm the only one that contributes in seminars. I just get bored otherwise.

So annoying.

Same! It's so annoying, a lot of the time especially in first year the teacher could ask a direct question and just be met with stony silence ... I have to say something to spare them the awkwardness!

Thankfully in second year everyone seems a lot more obsessed with their work so it's better.

I think it's to do with the timidity of the girls on my course, I can somehow imagine that males would speak up more.
Original post by Vindobona
I've seen the exact same letter from Durham and St. Andrews on Facebook.

If it is reference to the '****ing' letter there is also one from Queens Belfast regarding masterbation in the toliets.

Sounds like a hoax to me.

Universities would never send a letter out talking about such matters. They would beat around the bush saying a bunch of other crap.

To the original author of the first letter though, was a good one.
Reply 73
I really don't like the who's revised the least game or the who's most behind on work.
Reply 74
Original post by InfinitelyVixey
I'm one of those people who doesn't say a huge amount - I tend to naturally condense what I say into short contributions and everyone else in my group waffles and rephrases a lot, but my tutor always says "is that all you have?" to me...does my head in...

Well that's fine - I'm more on about the people that just stare blankly at the tutor whenever he or she asks a question. People who say a little, but make good points are good, people who act like they're retarded when anyone talks to them.... Gah.
Reply 75
When the next question they ask after knowing your name is: "So what you studying?"
The people who give pamphlets of night clubs every single day, ok we get it there're clubs in this city :angry:
Reply 77
Original post by internet tough guy
haven't i seen something similar for another uni (think nottingham?)

Durham
Reply 78
People who moan about people recounting their gap years has to have become more cliche now than people actually tediously going on about their gap years. Yes it may suck when one of us repeats the same story 3 months apart but I would personally take being retold the story about a coach breaking down in the Peruvian desert and having to ride a wild goat to the nearest city whilst high as **** than being told again about the girl who farted loudly in a club in Hull one Friday night.

Original post by KingHighFlush
People uploading pictures of redbull/other high caffeine drinks to facebook with some comment like "another all nighter for me" gets me ridiculously annoyed.

This is probably the closest thing I have seen so far that irritates me even in the slightest. Makes a nice change from the "when someone doesnt wash a teaspoon having just made a cup of tea" or "when people come back at the weekend drunk".
Reply 79
Original post by Zangoose
When the next question they ask after knowing your name is: "So what you studying?"

I know, its like people meeting for the first time should be full of interesting conversation starters and jump straight into "and what do you think of the situation in Syria at the moment" or asking them their political beliefs...............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending