The Student Room Group

Can you get a certificate for passing the first two years of your degree?

I am currently in my second year at university studying for a degree in tourism management but am having major second thoughts and seem to have lost all motivation... i almost left last year but towards the end decided to stay. however i am now regretting that and really want to leave but want something to show for it..

does anyone know if you can get a certificate for passing 2 years at university!?

thanks.
Reply 1
You usually can yeah, but talk to someone at your uni about the course and they may be able to help with your motivation/give you reaons to stay.
Reply 2
Original post by henderson17
I am currently in my second year at university studying for a degree in tourism management but am having major second thoughts and seem to have lost all motivation... i almost left last year but towards the end decided to stay. however i am now regretting that and really want to leave but want something to show for it..

does anyone know if you can get a certificate for passing 2 years at university!?

thanks.

If it means that, at the end of this year, you have passed 240 credits then this will be the equivalent of a Diploma of Higher Education, so you you will have something to show for study you have completed (which you can then possibly transfer elsewhere at a later date, the Open University for example). A Certificate of Higher Education is below Diploma, and usually awarded for someone who has finished one year (120 credits).
Reply 3
If you pass the first year you are awarded a certificate of higher education and if you pass the second year you are awarded a diploma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending