The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shybrowngirl
another stupid question, is outline and evaluating majority influence different to explainations of majority influence?

outline and evaluate is all about describing and then giving examples (so thatd be Sherif and Moscovici (i think) )

explanations is just why people conform to majority influence
Reply 961
About 5 mins ago I was happily going through my notes, I then came across this thread and I think it's fair to say that I am now well and truly ****ting myself.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Also, for stress do any of you think this will come up:

-Selye's general adaption system

and do you think we need to know anything about cerebral hemispheres and that cos I've ignored those pages..
Original post by pickles_mix

and do you think we need to know anything about cerebral hemispheres and that cos I've ignored those pages..

The book is unbelievably heavy on Biology, you don't need to know most of it I've been told.
Do we have to know Social Impact Theory?
Reply 965

I've not revised it. If it does come up. It's completely lost marks.
Original post by chocolateitch
Do we have to know Social Impact Theory?

Not that I know of? Social Learning Theory however, yes.

More generally, I can't see where AQA say they've removed Identification so I will assume it is still on the specification.

my teacher said we dont :smile:
Reply 968
Original post by Deyesy

12 marker. People are predicting the Cognitive or Behavioural approach to abnormality/therapies for abnormality.

Original post by Deyesy
Aye. With you there. I've touched on stress management but not as much as everything else :yep:

12 marker. People are predicting the Cognitive or Behavioural approach to abnormality/therapies for abnormality.

Original post by i Pav i
12 = Cognitive or Behaviour approaches for Abnormality.
8 = I personally think Minority Influence will come up.

BUT REVISE EVERYTHING - (just to be on the safe side)

Revise - Internalisation/Compliance. I haven't done Identification so no.

Thanks Guys ^^... I'm just running a bit late on revision hehee, so now I know what to focus on :biggrin:... But I'll try and cram everything in to be safe ^^
Cool, okay, thanks.

Hating psychology so much right now.
Reply 970
Whats the likely hood of SIT coming up as either a 8/10 or 12 marker?
And if it's likely could you include Kobasa's Hardiness and CBT - like Ellis or Beck?
Reply 971
Original post by Maryam95
What can you have to write for a 10/12 marker on immune system?
And on social influence?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Immune:
-Kiecolt Glaser(Exams, NK count)
-Kiecolt Glaser (Marital couples, wound healing speed)
-Evans (slgA, higher count of it in mucus during acute stressor of presentation)
-Segerstrom and Miller (Meta-analysis, showed same resutls as kiecolt studies, just a filler)

Social Influence:
-Historical minority/majority examples
-Terrorism
-Moscovici study

EDIT:
These are just AO1 marks, I assume most people can work out AO2 marks in the exam..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 972
Original post by Harry.B.
Whats the likely hood of SIT coming up as either a 8/10 or 12 marker?
And if it's likely could you include Kobasa's Hardiness and CBT - like Ellis or Beck?

6/8 marker is likely i'd say.

It's pretty easy to get marks

-Conceptualisation (Review past stressful events, identify problems etc)
-Skills acquisition (Learn techniques to avoid aforementioned problems)
-Application (... Applying techniques)

+Effective
+No side effects
-Placebo (Though i've never understood how this is a disadvantage..if it works..)
-Takes alot of time
-Takes alot of effort that many just wouldn't be able to put in
-Takes awhile to take effect (if it works)
what to we meant to know about minority influence with social change ?? :confused:
Reply 975
What would a
'What are the implications for social change of research into social influence?'
question actually want?

I probably sound stupid but I don't think the wording is too clear, that's probably just me being used to concise chemistry questions though :s-smilie:
Reply 976
Original post by breakeven
Going to have a shower and go into hardcore revision mode, I cant walk into an exam knowing I haven't worked as hard as I could have.

Going to revise Cognitive/Behavioural Approaches to abnormality seems as they haven't come up before.

yeah thats the two i have to learn todayyy!
Reply 977
still only revised stress omg, need to pick up the pace and revise abnormality and social influence :eek:
Reply 978
Original post by Phate
Immune:
-Kiecolt Glaser(Exams, NK count)
-Kiecolt Glaser (Marital couples, wound healing speed)
-Evans (slgA, higher count of it in mucus during acute stressor of presentation)
-Segerstrom and Miller (Meta-analysis, showed same resutls as kiecolt studies, just a filler)

Social Influence:
-Historical minority/majority examples
-Terrorism
-Moscovici study

EDIT:
These are just AO1 marks, I assume most people can work out AO2 marks in the exam..

Thanks, just what I needed :smile:
Reply 979
Original post by Phate
Have decided I now hate psychology

:adore:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending