The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkigz77
Hey guys. i know this is off topic but what do you need to be able to achieve an A* in psychology? Is it meant to be both having an A grade overall (320 or more) and having a 90% average in the A2 units?

yeah, 80% overall for all 4 units, and 90 % average in 2 units
Reply 1061
oh god if social change is the 12 marker :eek:

Also does anyone have a simple outline for the acute stress response?
I think I'm overcomplicating it by writing about the autonomic nervous system then sympathetic and parasympathetic. Where does the sympathomedullary pathway come into all of this? I remember understanding this when I first learnt it but now it's a mess in my brain...
Anyone would think I didn't take biology a level :colondollar:
does anyone know how to answer if social change comes as a 12 marker!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Original post by oklaura
oh god if social change is the 12 marker :eek:

Also does anyone have a simple outline for the acute stress response?
I think I'm overcomplicating it by writing about the autonomic nervous system then sympathetic and parasympathetic. Where does the sympathomedullary pathway come into all of this? I remember understanding this when I first learnt it but now it's a mess in my brain...
Anyone would think I didn't take biology a level :colondollar:

The sympathomedullary pathway is a sequence that is made up of all of the following BTW; The hypothalamus in the brain senses a stressor. This then activates the sympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system. Which then triggers the centre of the adrenal gland called the adrenal medulla to release noradrenaline and adrenaline which are hormones. This activates the fight or flight response of increased heart and breathing rate etc. :h:
Reply 1064
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
yeah, 80% overall for all 4 units, and 90 % average in 2 units

Cool thanks for clearing that up for me!
and what about the grades for AS? Like for example. I think 160/200 is an A? what about a B, C, D etc...
Original post by Maryam95
Social influence won't take long, it's not too hard, I only have stress left but loads to learn nd soo many studies!!

oh okey, thats really given me some motivation to keep going
Don't get Social Influence & Social Change Mixed up.

Soical Influence:
Obedience (Milgram) (Hoffling)
Conformity (both Majority (Asch) and Minority (Moscovici)

Therefore the question about 'Social Influence' research and there 'Impacts'
you need to talk about ALL social influence research not just minority

Social Change:
Conformity (Minority alone)
Which is where you talk about Moscovici, consistency and other research on strategies to encourage social change to occur
(edited 11 years ago)
as a last resource i'm just going to learn through the mark scheme - will that be helpful for me or not :frown:
Original post by Lauraaa12
What would a
'What are the implications for social change of research into social influence?'
question actually want?

I probably sound stupid but I don't think the wording is too clear, that's probably just me being used to concise chemistry questions though :s-smilie:

Agreed, i really do not want this question I don't understand what it wants!
Original post by mkigz77
Cool thanks for clearing that up for me!
and what about the grades for AS? Like for example. I think 160/200 is an A? what about a B, C, D etc...

160/200 - A

140/200 - B

120/200 - C

100/200 - D

--------------------------------------------------------

psychology unit 2 previous boundaries for an A

50/72
51/72
48/72
50/72
49/72
53/72
54/72

51/72 average - 71% raw mark for 80ums/100

--------------------------------------------------------

psychology unit 1 previous boundaries for an A

50/72
56/72
54/72
52/72
55/72
50/72
55/72

53/72 average - 73% raw mark for 80ums/100
Reply 1070
Please keep this thread on topic from now on.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ChloeAshton
Agreed, i really do not want this question I don't understand what it wants!

Not a 12 marker, most likely an 8 Marker
'On impacts of social influence research'

This is my Plan, if anybody needs help:

4 Points (Preferably research from each Social Influence section)
4 elaborations (Suggesting the real life implications of the research)

Conformity research
- Orlando (Hopsitals can increase empathy among staff)
OR
- Zimbarado (normal people can commit evil acts do to situational factors leading to identification conformity to social roles)

Obedience
- Milgrim (Gradual commitment through foot-in-door effect)
OR
- Bickham (Legitimate Authority through Power of Uniform)

Minority Influence
- Moscovichi (Consistency)

ALL THREE
- Ethical impacts
Reply 1072
Original post by shybrowngirl
as a last resource i'm just going to learn through the mark scheme - will that be helpful for me or not :frown:

HELPFUL!!! I've been doing spider diagrams for each topic based on the mark schemes, hopefully the smaller the diagram the more likely it'll be in the exam. Wishful thinking, I know. :tongue:
The least info I got from the MSs would be on:
Psychopathology: Cognitive Approach (no surprise!) and therapies have had very little on their own.
Stress: Life changes and daily hassles
Social influence: Why people resist conforming, however the spec is now more focused on research and minority, before hand they weren't included as much it would seem.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Daisia
HELPFUL!!! I've been doing spider diagrams for each topic based on the mark schemes, hopefully the smaller the diagram the more likely it'll be in the exam. Wishful thinking, I know. :tongue:
The least info I got from the MSs would be on:
Psychopathology: Cognitive Approach (no surprise!) and therapies have had very little on their own.
Stress: Life changes and daily hassles
Social influence: Why people resist conforming, however the spec is now more focused on research and minority, before hand they weren't included as much it would seem.

AH THANKS !! :biggrin: check out the old specs... they got good questions there!!! good luck xxxxxxxxxxx
any last minutes tips?:smile:
I don't know many specific studies for abnormalities, is that a problem? It seems like a really small topic based mainly on theories and therapies?
Me either think its mainly just theories!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
pleeease can someone explain social crypto amnesia to me ???:tongue:
Reply 1078
Original post by sarahjames123
pleeease can someone explain social crypto amnesia to me ???:tongue:

What on earth is that?! I've never heard of it! Ahhhhh

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1079
guys is this paper likely to be similar to june 2011?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending