The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by acedlol
I am also mega worried. None of it is necessarily hard, but the amount of content that HAS to be learnt. One does not play it risky with this, when essays can be literally anything. :<

D: D: D: D:

This! It's not that there's anything particularly complicated it's just that the pure volume of the information to be learnt is insane. The only thing like it is A2 History.

Original post by LittleMizzSunshine
Haves revising going?

Not badddd thanks. How about you? :smile:
Doing aggression revision now, anyone know if we have to know about brain structure, as it's not referred to in the spec?
Reply 142
Psya3 revision is driving me insane. My revision technique is learning every possible essay off by heart. Is this what others do?
Reply 143
Original post by Mephestic
hey swift, I posted some model answers back when I was doing this paper in the last paper 3 thread.
they may help, I got 100ums so gives you an idea of what to aim for.

hey could you possibly post up the link for the other thread i'd love to check out your model answers...ps...gratz on the 100 ums!
Original post by acedlol
I am also mega worried. None of it is necessarily hard, but the amount of content that HAS to be learnt. One does not play it risky with this, when essays can be literally anything. :<

D: D: D: D:

That is exactly how I feel, especially after seeing how horrible this year's January paper was :redface:. I just hate the fact that how well you do is pretty much dependent on the question - you either get lucky or throw away a huge amount of marks!
Original post by alittlehelp
Doing aggression revision now, anyone know if we have to know about brain structure, as it's not referred to in the spec?

I was also wondering this, but I think (and if anyone knows differently, please correct me if I'm wrong!) it counts as 'supplementary learning' - i.e. like background knowledge to support biological explanations of aggression. I don't think they can ask you a whole question on it seeing as it isn't on the spec or in the Collins textbook.
I know it's dangerous to question-spot, especially with bloody PSYA3, but does anyone have any predictions for aggression, gender and/or eating behaviour?
I'm doing Sleep, Aggression and Relationships. I actually sat this in January and got a C so I'm resitting. Its the most stressful exam I've ever done, hate it!
Reply 148
Original post by SecretCircus
That is exactly how I feel, especially after seeing how horrible this year's January paper was :redface:. I just hate the fact that how well you do is pretty much dependent on the question - you either get lucky or throw away a huge amount of marks!

I tried to question spot in January for PSYA4.

That did not go well :|((((((((((((((

Was targeted/predicted A. Ended up with a C.

D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oh well. I think I'll do the same this time around however. I literally don't think its possible for me to learn it all with all my other subjects. Gonna hope my luck doesn't fail me this time.

I'm not sure how I'm going to go about revising for this exam. I think practicing essays and making essay plans is the best way to go about this. However I cannot imagine how bad I would feel if I get an essay I haven't prepared for / know anything about.

WHY YOU SO BIG PSYCHOLOGY
Dreading this exam! :frown:
Reply 150
Original post by acedlol

Oh well. I think I'll do the same this time around however. I literally don't think its possible for me to learn it all with all my other subjects. Gonna hope my luck doesn't fail me this time.

I'm not sure how I'm going to go about revising for this exam. I think practicing essays and making essay plans is the best way to go about this. However I cannot imagine how bad I would feel if I get an essay I haven't prepared for / know anything about.

Lol I had the same problem for PSYA4. I predicted what would come up and learnt model answers for that. However only 1 of those came up.

For PSYA3 I am just going to learn every possible essay question I can. Finding it difficult already!! EUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply 151
Original post by hhh123
Psya3 revision is driving me insane. My revision technique is learning every possible essay off by heart. Is this what others do?

I'm doing the exact same! how do you memorise it all though, do you just keep re-writing the essay over and over?
Reply 152
Original post by imgreaat
I'm doing the exact same! how do you memorise it all though, do you just keep re-writing the essay over and over?

Yep that's exactly what I do! Just using the primary school method of look cover write :P
Original post by AwkwardPenguin
This! It's not that there's anything particularly complicated it's just that the pure volume of the information to be learnt is insane. The only thing like it is A2 History.

Not badddd thanks. How about you? :smile:

Bad i have not even started
Original post by annagoesbroom
Dreading this exam! :frown:

Same here :frown:
I think it's safe to say that the worst part of AQA A Psychology is definitely the Russel/McClintock studies into Infradian Rhythms. Wiping armpit cotton pads under women's noses to see if their periods sync up? Really? O_o

On the plus side, this is burned into my memory forever, so at least I'll remember it if that question comes up...
Reply 156
Original post by annagoesbroom
I think it's safe to say that the worst part of AQA A Psychology is definitely the Russel/McClintock studies into Infradian Rhythms. Wiping armpit cotton pads under women's noses to see if their periods sync up? Really? O_o

On the plus side, this is burned into my memory forever, so at least I'll remember it if that question comes up...

Not as bad as Russel, I think it was, he had women exchange their spit and rub it onto the upper parts of another woman's lip. Their menstrual cycles then synchronised too. :tongue:

I'll never forget that study. Good luck with your exam. :biggrin:
Reply 157
Original post by hhh123
Lol I had the same problem for PSYA4. I predicted what would come up and learnt model answers for that. However only 1 of those came up.

For PSYA3 I am just going to learn every possible essay question I can. Finding it difficult already!! EUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good luck with that lmao Dx
I hated revising for this exam, it was I nightmere really, but they are quite generous with the marks. know your IDAs, that's all I can advise and throw them in left right and centre in your evaluations.
Original post by acedlol

:redface:.
Same here, I don't think I fully realised the sheer amount of stuff we have to know until I started revising...I swear it didn't seem as bad when I was doing it in class. I need 3 As to get into uni and I am seriously worried that I'm going to miss the grades because of psychology!

I don't know either, I've made flashcards for each topic (it looks a lot less daunting haha) but I think I'll start planning out every possible essay that could come up. It's ridiculous, you have to know everything or else you could be completely screwed - I personally think they need a big reduction in the content of the spec because I am never going to remember all of this.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply