Should a completely flat chested woman have to wear a bikini top at a swimming pool?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just trying to work out the reasoning here:-

The female breast is a naughty thing that must never be totally exposed in public, that's the rule.
So, it must be covered up at all times with a thin bit of fabric, so that the nipple is not showing. The round shape of the breast is clearly visible, and is clearly deemed inoffensive - women are free to show off the full plumpness of their breasts, provided the nipple is not seen. So, the round shape of the breast can't be the problem.

But, a man is free to show his full breast, the shape (whether that be flat or round), the nipple, the whole thing. So, nipples can't be the problem.

However, a flat chested female is forbidden to bare her nipples at a public pool where similarly flat chested men are allowed to do the same.

So, if nipples aren't the problem, and shape is not the problem, and showing both of these if you are a man is not the problem, then there is something about this combination of nipples, roundness, and being attached to a female body which somehow makes a breast offensive when exposed.

Can someone explain this peculiar custom to me?

PS. - apparently this question can be considered by some as offensive, but it's not meant to be, this hadn't even crossed my mind. Pretend stephen fry or someone is asking it, lol.
ckingalt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Fine, flat breasted women can go topless as long as full breasted men are now required to wear a top. Then we can all be happy.
rigamortus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The loss of self esteem your misguided reasoning will cause small breasted women around the uk leaves me no option but to consider you either a dunder headed buffoon at best or an inconsiderate disgusting human being at worst. Pick one.
tite23
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because the fact that they belong to a woman attaches significance. Really the only reason.
rigamortus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tite23)
Because the fact that they belong to a woman attaches significance. Really the only reason.
why does it?
sammy-lou
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Society has taught us that this is the right way to do things?
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not sure why people started wearing bikinis and swimming shorts at pools.
SleepySheep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
But, a man is free to show his full breast, the shape (whether that be flat or round), the nipple, the whole thing.
That's because no one is turned on by 'male breasts', as you call them.
Ree69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow. Only on TSR.
popple7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you have too much time on your hands.
Darth Stewie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am in full support of women going topless at swimming pools, in fact i think it should be made mandatory.

it's double standards! PC society! Fascism! Femaphobia!
SnoochToTheBooch
Rep:
?
(Original post by rigamortus)
The loss of self esteem your misguided reasoning will cause small breasted women around the uk leaves me no option but to consider you either a dunder headed buffoon at best or an inconsiderate disgusting human being at worst. Pick one.
hahaha. why is my reasoning misguided? I haven't reasoned my way to anything, I've posed a question, just purely frorom observation.
Rock_and_roll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ckingalt)
Fine, flat breasted women can go topless as long as full breasted men are now required to wear a top. Then we can all be happy.
Genius. Not only will we eliminate the cringe-worthy moob problem, we shall get to see precious nipples.
SnoochToTheBooch
Rep:
?
(Original post by popple7)
you have too much time on your hands.
this did occur to me as I was writing it, but I'd started so decided I would finish.
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's just another one of society's silly conventions, nothing more.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SleepySheep)
That's because no one is turned on by 'male breasts', as you call them.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
this did occur to me as I was writing it, but I'd started so decided I would finish.
'I've started so I'll finish'

Anne Robinson much?
SleepySheep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
:hugs:

I'm sure you have a spectacular pair of male breasts, don't worry.
Lumos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
man-nipples don't turn people on.
rigamortus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hahaha. why is my reasoning misguided? I haven't reasoned my way to anything, I've posed a question, just purely frorom observation.
flat chested women will interpret this as stating their breasts are not as attractive as big breasted women.

they will interpret this as being not as desirable as big breasted women because raging heterosexual men can't cope with big breasts but their teeny breasts won't provoke that reaction. which is utterly absurd.

your post will make women sad. i hope it makes you feel good about yourself other wise there is no point to this discussion.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.2%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (57)
65.52%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.79%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.34%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.15%

Watched Threads