The Student Room Group

Is it worth it?

Doing a course not accredited by the BPS?
Reply 1
nope
No- you need a BPS undergraduate accredited degree if considering a professional career in psychology.
Reply 3
Bahumbug. Thanks to the both of you :smile:
It's barely worth doing one that is accredited.

True story.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

True story.

Don't say that :frown:
Reply 6

True story.

What about PHD clinical neuropsychology :cool:
Depends.

I guess my answer would be: 'not really' - if you're hoping to pursue a career in some branch of professional psychology. You can always take the twelve month top-up course, however, if you're decided on the course you want to enrol on. Mine isn't BPS accredited (not that it matters for me, not wanting to pursue psychology after I graduate), but the uni does offer a top-up course.
Original post by Stratos
What about PHD clinical neuropsychology :cool:

aka spending time making a cognitive theory of an esoteric and heterogenous brain disorder which will lead to interventions that fail to improve quality of life on any measurable level.

u mad?
Reply 9
aka spending time making a cognitive theory of an esoteric and heterogenous brain disorder which will lead to interventions that fail to improve quality of life on any measurable level.

u mad?

:frown: I thought I would get to research neurons...
Reply 10
Not really no...but there are tons of accredited ones so it's not hard to pick one of them that suits you as some are slightly more focussed in a certain areas than others
Not really. I changed my major/minor and ended up just doing a minor in psychology without GBC. At the time I thought it didn't matter because I wasn't planning on being a psychologist, despite how much we were advised to do it just in case. Now I am in the process of doing the OU degree because I'm interested in counselling psychology :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest