The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sanjiv
Stop voting me already dangit! :p:

Well, if you had bothered posting before the poll was started to kick you out, maybe people wouldn't vote for you. No doubt that as soon as you find out whether you're staying or not, you'll never come back to MUN.
Reply 41
aaronc2
ie 16 voters at the moments, anyone with more than 8 is removed

Forget about it.
Reply 42
Wootcannon
I'd just like to point out something: Vienna's taking part in "BBC-Impartial or not" right now, yet she can't be bothered with this? I say we give her 15 minutes. If she does not post within the next 15 minutes, expel her.

What should I be doing? What topic requires a comment before the UN?
Reply 44

Only one working link there. Germany can consider what it wants, I dont believe its a matter that a UN representative should be commenting on at this stage.
Reply 45
The other links were the Hypothetical scenario which has since been referred to the security council for debate, and the other one didn't work for me but I imagine it's the Iran debate, also in the security council.
Reply 46
Vienna
What should I be doing? What topic requires a comment before the UN?

How about viewing the MUN forum, flicking through some of the debates, or just visiting regularly. The US should be commenting on everything. It doesn't matter - you'll probably be kicked out anyway.
Reply 47
Nightowl
The other links were the Hypothetical scenario which has since been referred to the security council for debate, and the other one didn't work for me but I imagine it's the Iran debate, also in the security council.

The UN doesnt refer Iran to the UNSC.
Reply 48
Vienna

Why are you back? Is it because there is a possibilty you will be kicked out of the MUN?
Reply 49
brimstone1
How about viewing the MUN forum, flicking through some of the debates, or just visiting regularly.

Which I havent done?

The US should be commenting on everything.

through the UN?
Reply 50
Vienna

Forgive us, we are simple people with limited resources :frown:
Reply 51
brimstone1
Why are you back?

Where did I go?
Reply 52
Vienna
Which I havent done?

through the UN?

The UN is a place for countries to debate and discuss world issues and events. The TSR MUN tries to do this, but when the representative for the world superpower refuses to post, it's a bit annoying. If you don't wish to comment on any issues in the MUN, leave. You'll probably be expelled anyway.
Reply 53
Vienna
Where did I go?

You didn't 'go' anywhere, you just stopped posting here.
Reply 54
brimstone1
The UN is a place for countries to debate and discuss world issues and events. The TSR MUN tries to do this, but when the representative for the world superpower refuses to post, it's a bit annoying.

I refused to post? I checked the forum once a day to see if there were any important threads relating to current affairs. I dont feel inclined to post if I dont have a genuine interest in the topic.

If you don't wish to comment on any issues in the MUN, leave. You'll probably be expelled anyway.

So why all the hating?
Reply 55
Vienna
I refused to post? I checked the forum once a day to see if there were any important threads relating to current affairs. I dont feel inclined to post if I dont have a genuine interest in the topic.

So why all the hating?

Although you may not have a genuine interest in the topic, you, as the rep for the US, should still post. For example, Germany acquiring nuclear weapons - I'm not interested in it, and rightly, you wouldn't be. But as the US, you would comment on this. I comment, and I represent SIERRA LEONE.

I'm giving you hate because you really ruin the MUN for people who want to post and want to discuss things, because if you can't be bothered to post, someone who wants to can take the role of the US.
Reply 56
brimstone1
Although you may not have a genuine interest in the topic, you, as the rep for the US, should still post. For example, Germany acquiring nuclear weapons - I'm not interested in it, and rightly, you wouldn't be. But as the US, you would comment on this.

Not through the UN I wouldnt no.
Reply 57
Vienna
Not through the UN I wouldnt no.

Oh, and how else would you comment on it? As a member of the MUN, you are expected to participate in DEBATE, whether you are interested in the topic or not. I don't give a toss about Germany and nuclear weapons, but I still comment, because I represent a country.
Reply 58
Denmark voted for the reps from the larger/more important countries ( :p: ) but has no problem with removing all of them.
Reply 59
PadFoot90
Denmark voted for the reps from the larger/more important countries ( :p: ) but has no problem with removing all of them.

The Republic of Sierra Leone thanks Denmark for it's support. As usual, the representative for the US cannot see how she is in the wrong :p:

Latest