The Student Room Group

Too late to apply/any point?

Hello,

I am wanting to study Business and Management and/or Marketing in Scotland starting 2012 but haven't applied yet. I'm planning to apply to Glasgow university, Robert Gordon University and University of Stirling.

Are these popular universities/courses? Any point in applying to these now after everyone else with a chance to get in? I exceed the satisfy requirements (gradewise).

Any other good universites where I have a bigger chance to get in?
Reply 1
You've missed the official UCAS deadline which was 15th Jan. I'm not sure if this deadline applies to everyone applying or just those applying through UCAS.

You could contact the uni of your choice asking if it's too late or not to apply to them directly, but I wouldn't be suprised if they told you to wait until Clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by echeee
You've missed the official UCAS deadline which was 15th Jan. I'm not sure if this deadline applies to everyone applying or just those applying through UCAS.

You could contact the uni of your choice asking if it's too late or not to apply to them directly, but I wouldn't be suprised if they told you to wait until Clearing.

15 January is just the deadline for equal consideration. It's still possible to apply now, it just means there's a chance that if it's a popular course they'll already have filled their places. So it would probably make sense to email departments in advance to find out whether they've still got places available, because obviously there's no point in applying to a department that has already given out all its offers.
You could also wait until UCAS Extra, when universities will list which courses have places. I got a place at University of Liverpool through Extra last year and I know there were vacancies at quite a few other universities too, I was surprised.

Email your choices to find out whether they will still consider your application though. It's definitely worth trying.
Reply 4
Alright thanks. Yes, 15th of January was the deadline and now you can apply until the 30th of June. I'll mail them, thanks all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending