Turn on thread page Beta

CPT3 Mark Distrubution watch

Announcements

Hi, well i've totally screwed up the project.

Does anyone know how much of the exam is directly relating to your assignment, and do you get marks for DOING it too, or just referring to it?

The test is mostly about it... Don't listen to this '6 marks of 60', you think we would spend 3 months on it if it wasn't important, i've just read the AQA review and it distinctly says you are marked for this peice, the questions on the paper asking questions about it are a different kettle of fish. If you document doesn't include everything it should do, i.e. a professionally produced document designing, developing, reviewing, evaluating, and a good technical documentation, then you are going to get a shock when you get your grade. It should be about 4000 words, which is about 16 pages (double spacing). This is totally seperate than your screenshots, alot of people seem to think the document IS 20 pages of screenshots. It is.. but it also needs to include a 4000 word report on everything you have done, and what could be done, and if your program will work with it. It's too late now, next year don't leave it so late.

ReputationRep:
    It may be about it, but it isnt integral to do it. Of course, thats easy to say now ive done it

wrong, the exam paper is marked solely on its own (30%)

CPT1 and CPT2 are worth 35% each.

The documentation itself is NOT marked.

ReputationRep:
    Yea hes right, its 30% and that comes from the 65 marks on the test paper, granted for some they see that what u say is there but for others they just have accepted answers like all other tests.

(when the guy who writes the reports and stuff he prob reads through like 200 peices of coursework and sees what people have done so he can edit the questions / mark scheme for next year)

As for the questions that said SHOW EVIDENCE and then asked a question based on your show of evidence, I dunno how that works if u havnt shown evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Did you read chief examiner Longworths report, marsupial?

ReputationRep:
    well my project in teh end hit 50 pages, with words, screenshots, and output results... and i think i only just managed to get away with everything..

how on earth did you get away with 20 pages and including everything you needed?

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by kizzie
    well my project in teh end hit 50 pages, with words, screenshots, and output results... and i think i only just managed to get away with everything..

how on earth did you get away with 20 pages and including everything you needed?

-x-
    ...Did you take the exam? lol

You need to show evidence of about 10 things, 50 pages is just stupid. My 20 pages covered everything, in precise detail. Theres no point printing 30 pages of useless crap, which will not be required, there were questions asking you to point to certain areas in your paper, to cover all possible areas, the report needed 20 pages, read the chief examiners report on people submitting 20 < pages and you'll see what i mean.

I can't give reasons why it should be a certain size, but i can list every criteria you needed to cover, and show it could be covered in detail, in about 20. (With some full page screenshots)

ReputationRep:
    He is right you know - 20 would have done it.

ReputationRep:
    If this helps for any indication, I did 82 pages for my CPT3 module last year and got an A grade for it. Though remember its mainly quality and not quantity.

ReputationRep:
    well the 50 included all the reports. in detail of how they were built up...
    validation rules for everything with the screenshots backing it up...

and the entire design process...

i didn't think it was excessive. but i still couldn't have gotten it all in to 20 pages... the person in our group who did didn't have half of what they needed for the exam.

yes, a lot wasn't needed in there in the end. but it asked you to do a lot and show a lot. so i showed everything that it asked for in the first place. better safe than sorry...

-x-

ReputationRep:
    i went for kizzie's approach, give them everything you could want - untill the morning of them exam....when i was told not to waste college resources (the printer) printing all my VB code when it wasnt needed.........come 2pm it appeared to be needed

****ing colleges

ReputationRep:
    complain about that one. thats just crap... the college shoudln't be able to say something like that

esp if you fail now, its on thier heads

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but they'll make up some excuse. They always do.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing colleges indeed...
    this is the time when you shoudl complain...
    they might have some excuse, but if you were asked for it, and wanted to show it then the college said you weren't allowed???
    is that suddenly okay?

ReputationRep:
    Well colleges are all like that, im afraid. The motto for mine is "Putting students first". Yeah right, so we can take all the flack while they hide away totally blameless.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2003
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.