The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 3A Summer 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by TheShore
What did you get in the 4b? Because I got C's in all three and need a B this year aswell haha

whats 4b?
I got C in big paper last year and C in skills paper x
Reply 1421
What case studies do people have for property led regeneration?? I need one still :frown:
Original post by quarton1
Is anyone going to plan theres essay in the exam? is there any space to even do this?

Yes definitely. Even if it's just a few scribbles, jot down your case study names and a few key figures. It will keep you on track and hopefully prevent you from going off point. Don't spend too long on it though, literally a few minutes. :smile:
Reply 1423
Original post by james0714
When doing a plate tectonic theory practice essay, i found it difficult to think of evidence or reasons against the theory which lead to an imbalanced arguement, would i be penalised for this? plus has anyone got any reasons against the theory, thanks! :smile:

Basic evaluation points are Wagner couldn't back up his evidence further therefore leading to it being discredited at the time as it was highly theoretical. For modern PTT, we still do not have the technology to be able to prove 100% that convection cells for example are what drive the plates.

It's always important to evaluate in an essay, and although there's not a great deal you can put in against theory it's worth punching out a short paragraph to gain a couple of extra marks, even if it doesn't truly balance the argument.
Reply 1424
what would anyone write the volcanic management in 2 constasting areas for a 10 marker??

really struggling with that i dont really like volcanic activity :frown:

someone please help :frown:
Reply 1425
Also anyone think the groups of nations will come up as a 40marker? :frown: i hope it does
What are the chances of global warming impacts and response coming up as the essay for weather and climate?
Reply 1427
most importantly if the essay question is on TRADE AND AID

what would people write?!?!

i have like 1 page to write.. how would you include case studies and stuff :frown:

please somebody help im dying with this revision not knowing what to do :frown:
Whats the different between intrusive activity and intrusive features?
For features i've learnt a diagram showing and explaining dykes and batholiths but I cant find intrusive activity in the textbook :s-smilie: help please!
Reply 1429
Nice HD national geographic documentary on the iceland volcano-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDEMMiJlM-I

And the honshu earthquake/japanese tsunami 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuRELrpytWI

Both worth a watch i think
if the 10 markers on tsunamis, what are people gonna write about D:
Reply 1431
Original post by arb123
What case studies do people have for property led regeneration?? I need one still :frown:

Property-led regeneration involves the regeneration of an inner-city area by changing the image of the area, improving the environment, attracting private investment and improving confidence for further investment. In many cases, it involves ‘flagship’ projects such as at Canary Wharf in the London Docklands. UDCs are the main form of property-led regeneration.

Partnerships represent a major switch of funding mechanisms towards competitive bidding. Local government has to think of imaginative projects but also has to form partnerships in the local inner-city area with the private sector and the local communities. The partnership then submits a 5-year plan to central government in competition with other inner-city areas. The most successful schemes combine social aims with economic and environmental outcomes.
Reply 1432
I agree with the predictions of most people for Plate tectonics and weather and climate, though does anyone have any suggestions for the World Cities short answer questions?

In terms of structuring a 40 mark answer for a question such as "Critically evaluate the possible causes and effects of the phonomenon global warming?"
Original post by wwkayaker
Whats the different between intrusive activity and intrusive features?
For features i've learnt a diagram showing and explaining dykes and batholiths but I cant find intrusive activity in the textbook :s-smilie: help please!

I think intrusive activity and intrusive landforms mean the same thing. If not, maybe the types of lava would class as intrusive 'activity'. Not sure really. :s-smilie:
Original post by Heyimdec
I think intrusive activity and intrusive landforms mean the same thing. If not, maybe the types of lava would class as intrusive 'activity'. Not sure really. :s-smilie:

On the spec, intrusive activity is defined as the landforms, so dykes, batholiths etc :smile:
hey :smile: has anyone got a plate tectonics theory essay they could let me see?! im so desperate as thats predicted to come up haha thanks :biggrin: xx
Original post by Sticky93
I agree with the predictions of most people for Plate tectonics and weather and climate, though does anyone have any suggestions for the World Cities short answer questions?

In terms of structuring a 40 mark answer for a question such as "Critically evaluate the possible causes and effects of the phonomenon global warming?"

what have people predicted for plate tectonics?
Reply 1437
Original post by Sticky93

What have people predicted for weather and climate?
Reply 1438
I don't get how to approach a plate tectonic theory essay? I can never do them... can anybody give me like a plan or a structure or just how to go about it and the content that should be involved?

Would really appreciate it!

Thank you
If you had an essay question of itcz for weather and climate...
Would you include the consequences of them- monsoons and tropical storms and then case studies on them? Linking the case studies back to the itcz?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending