The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
and if so which uni's
Original post by Rukiaa
Hi i am new to this and i want to know what kind of things are needed for a D*?? any Tips?? Ohh btw i am going to do extended applied science..hope anyone can help :smile:

same i am staring it next week . keep in contact we will work together lol
Original post by zainahmed72
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.

Yeah please :smile:
Reply 23
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.

please can you send me the link that would be grateful :smile:
Reply 24
I'm going to start BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3 this year i'm not quite sure what to do.......so can anyone help me thanks :smile:
Del
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26

hey can you send me a link to the book? is it like a textbook?
Original post by JamesR2D2
Im doing BTEC Level 3 diploma in applied science, can i still do biomedicine at uni?

Hi there,
Yes you can do it because I'm currently studying biomed and i did the BTEC :biggrin:
Help on unit 18 amd 15 anyone x
Reply 29
Original post by NaumanZoSo
Hi folks, anyone hate doing coursework for btec what units are struggling with and how many distinctions are looking to get this year ?

thanks much apprecited:smile::biggrin:

I started the course last year and from the start the course i have had continuing problems. it was the first year that my college ran the course so none of my tutors had any previous experience. To make matters worse one of my tutors in charge of 3 units didn't give us any work at all then decided to quit after numerous complaints towards him from the students. therefore the work from last year still isn't complete to a standard and a grade that i am happy with due to being messed around. As a new year arrives so does the problems. At the beginning we had 2 new tutors on the course, one of which had taught on a btec course before which was brilliant, she gave us assignments that made sense and we completed a unit in 2 months. she then handed in her notice and we have been given yet another tutor who is new to teaching and this is her first job after qualifying as a teacher. as none of my tutors know what they are doing on the course, i feel they are giving us way too much work than is required. therefore i am behind on everything as well as trying to catch up on last years work. i am getting so emotional as i want to go to uni in 9 months time but i just dont know what to do with my course, i failed a levels and thought this course would be best suited for me. could anyone give me any advice on what i could do ??
Reply 30
Original post by Lauren0174
I started the course last year and from the start the course i have had continuing problems. it was the first year that my college ran the course so none of my tutors had any previous experience. To make matters worse one of my tutors in charge of 3 units didn't give us any work at all then decided to quit after numerous complaints towards him from the students. therefore the work from last year still isn't complete to a standard and a grade that i am happy with due to being messed around. As a new year arrives so does the problems. At the beginning we had 2 new tutors on the course, one of which had taught on a btec course before which was brilliant, she gave us assignments that made sense and we completed a unit in 2 months. she then handed in her notice and we have been given yet another tutor who is new to teaching and this is her first job after qualifying as a teacher. as none of my tutors know what they are doing on the course, i feel they are giving us way too much work than is required. therefore i am behind on everything as well as trying to catch up on last years work. i am getting so emotional as i want to go to uni in 9 months time but i just dont know what to do with my course, i failed a levels and thought this course would be best suited for me. could anyone give me any advice on what i could do ??

Catch up?
Reply 31
Original post by YLIA
Catch up?

with the amount of work that the tutors are expecting us to do it is much harder then just catching up. we had 2 weeks to complete 2 assignments, and i feel the assignments are too big for what the btec expect.
Reply 32
Ooh my old course :cry2:

sorry continue ppl :colondollar:
Original post by miss_s
I'm going to start BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3 this year i'm not quite sure what to do.......so can anyone help me thanks :smile:

I'm currently in my second year.

The first tip and possible the most important is ALWAYS BACKUP your work. Have a copy on your USB and on your home computer/laptop. A friend only saved their assignments on a USB and when they lost their USB, they struggled to do all the work again.

The second would be do every assignment as if it is a distinction task as if your pass or merit work is not good enough, then you won't be able to attempt the distinction.

Thirdly, reference everything. If your teacher ask for it to be havard refernced then use this site http://www.neilstoolbox.com/bibliography-creator/ It is a lifesaver.

Work hard, persevere and have fun. It will all be worth it in the end!
Reply 34
hey, i need help. please can you help me?
Original post by fnasir3
hey, i need help. please can you help me?

What would you like help with? :smile:
Reply 36
unit 10, 24, 31, and 35
Reply 37
Any1 going to hep?
Original post by fnasir3
unit 10, 24, 31, and 35

Which BTEC are you doing? (e.g.Forensic Science, Medical Science..) because I don't do units 10,24,31,35
Reply 39
Original post by JamesR2D2
Im doing BTEC Level 3 diploma in applied science, can i still do biomedicine at uni?

Yes Foundation degree mate good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending