The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganwalker
As it is usually 3 years (+) I would recommend doing a mixture so then you will have a definite plan once actually studying them both in more detail.
If it is hard to decide on a career now it is important to continue picking stuff you just like (general) and then discover once at a higher level:smile::smile:

The thing is that I want to go into a specific course straight away which leads to specific career straight away
Original post by Uz25
The thing is that I want to go into a specific course straight away which leads to specific career straight away

Well gd luck! You still have a summer holidays worth of time to think it thru
Well gd luck! You still have a summer holidays worth of time to think it thru

Thanks and true aha! I need to start revising what I've learnt so far :frown: could you ask me a random biology q?
Original post by Uz25
Thanks and true aha! I need to start revising what I've learnt so far :frown: could you ask me a random biology q?

I don't do biology so won't know the content haha
I don't do biology so won't know the content haha

Haven't u done unit 11 or unit 13? They consist of biology modual
Original post by Uz25
Haven't u done unit 11 or unit 13? They consist of biology modual

no, I do 3 units a year. Its a btec, why r u revising?
no, I do 3 units a year. Its a btec, why r u revising?

I know it's only a btec and have no exams however, I'm planning to revise in order to get knowledge of what I've learned. I do t want to be clueless at uni and have no knowledge
Original post by Uz25

What are polysaccharides and describe the structure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sandra1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ermm.. polysaccharides are long chain on amino acids. They contain different amino acids containing a carboxyl group,amino group and R grout. Polysaccharides are made up via primary structure; they are a type of protein.

Dunno if that's right lol didn't revise on that
Original post by Sandra1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Polysaccharides are long chains of sugar monomers (a monomer is the smallest unit of a molecule). An example could be cellulose, which consists of huge amounts of beta glucose molecules bound together.

Basically a polysaccharide is a long chain of lots of sugar units stuck together. You can think of it like that.
Poly = Many
Saccharides = Sugar

Poly + Saccharides = Many sugar (units)

Original post by Uz25
Ermm.. polysaccharides are long chain on amino acids. They contain different amino acids containing a carboxyl group,amino group and R grout. Polysaccharides are made up via primary structure; they are a type of protein.

Dunno if that's right lol didn't revise on that

You are thinking of polypeptides sir.
Original post by Mrcuddles
Polysaccharides are long chains of sugar monomers (a monomer is the smallest unit of a molecule). An example could be cellulose, which consists of huge amounts of beta glucose molecules bound together.

Basically a polysaccharide is a long chain of lots of sugar units stuck together. You can think of it like that.
Poly = Many
Saccharides = Sugar

Poly + Saccharides = Many sugar (units)

You are thinking of polypeptides sir.

Ohh aha I'm a female btw :wink:
Original post by Uz25
Ohh aha I'm a female btw :wink:

Apologies :colondollar:
Apologies :colondollar:

Could I ask why u thought I was a male :/
Original post by Uz25
Could I ask why u thought I was a male :/

I do not know, sorry.
I do not know, sorry.

Maybe because of your name haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sandra1
Maybe because of your name haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does Uz25? Sound like a male?! aha now i feel like changing it but i can't!!!
Original post by Uz25
How does Uz25? Sound like a male?! aha now i feel like changing it but i can't!!!

Uz sounds like a male name...if its not sorry
Reply 437
Original post by Mina M
.... Sorry It's not a reply to the question but I have a question to ask -Hey, I would like to ask If I studied BTEC level 3 applied Science would I still be able to study pharmacy in university?

As most universities Require DDD and an alongside A Level chemistry... as i will be starting college in septemer I'd thought I'd be more aware of the chances whislt studying this course.

If I achieve a DDD in science, however the uni for example King's college london needs an alongside of A Level in chemistry, What do I then do ?

Did you do medical science or forensic? My friend applied to Kings College for midwifery and was predicted D*D*D* and still didnt get an offer! Its VERY hard to get into so if you have the opportunity to take an extra A level I would recommend it!
Reply 438
Hate it when people always ask to copy your assignments
Original post by CPBA1
Hate it when people always ask to copy your assignments

Same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending