The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Really need help with the Merit part (both merits M1 and M2) of Physics Unit 15: Electrical Circuits and their Applications for the first assignment to do with Circuits.. I know you need to do calculations and stuff, but its confusing the hell out of me...
Hello;I am about studying the Btec Extended Applied Science.Please can you help forward the link of the book that you are recommending,that has the whole structured course. Thanks
Original post by farhana0178
Hi there,
Yes you can do it because I'm currently studying biomed and i did the BTEC :biggrin:

what uni are you studying biomed ?
Hi can you please send me the link
Original post by BMWM5
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.

Hi can you please send me the link
Hi. Can i have the link please for that book.my son is doing applied science level3
Original post by BMWM5
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.

Yes plz
Original post by asd1112
Really need help with the Merit part (both merits M1 and M2) of Physics Unit 15: Electrical Circuits and their Applications for the first assignment to do with Circuits.. I know you need to do calculations and stuff, but its confusing the hell out of me...

I’m doing level 3 applied science and I’m not sure if doing Welsh bac and resitting English would be too much work, what do you think?
Original post by NaumanZoSo
If your doing BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3, then yes Distinctions are quite hard, I mainly use A Level websites in compliance to my Units for example one the first units you will do I think is Perceptions of Science. Which invovles mainly theory rather than practical, but it requires critical and ethical thinking to answer questions but it isn't hard to get distinctions but other units such as Physiology oF The Human Body Systems, you should use the website biology mad a level and it will explain everything in detail.

If you are sturggling with any current units just private message me and I will be gladly to help you

I’m doing level 3 applied science and I’m not sure if doing Welsh bac and resitting English would be too much work, what do you think?
Can you send me the link for the book too please
Original post by BMWM5

Can you please send me the link for the book too.
Thanks
Original post by Fareda 1
Can you please send me the link for the book too.
Thanks

what is the book called please will you send me the link too
hi im doing the BTEC level 3 triple science and i need help, its my first yr
Original post by jojo1234567
hi im doing the BTEC level 3 triple science and i need help, its my first yr

What do you need help with?
Hi, i am stuck on Unit 4 and Unit 8 assignments and i need to get distinctions for this 2 units i dont know what else to add and i have only one last chance to give it in and achieve. Does anyone have their assignments from these units that have achieved Distinctions, could you please send me them.
Hi, could someone help me out with my Unit 8 and Unit 4 assignments i need to hand them in ASAP and i need to achieve distinctions otherwise it will affect my grade and it is my last chance to hand them in. if anyone has their assignments could you please send them to me so I can compare them to mine.
I wont be able to give you my work from last year as I have pretty much chucked them away. However, I can give you advice on Unit 4 and Unit 8. Make sure you follow the criteria, to the letter. Make sure you have answered every single question thoroughly in as much detail as possible. You should have made notes so far so use those. If not go on TES. This is a really useful website used by teachers to create and share resources. Type in what you need and see if anything comes up. Final bit of advise is to make sure you have researched everything thoroughly and to read articles from websites such as Futurism and the New Scientist or anything related to science. This should help polish your essays and assignments.Remember, you can't expect anyone to just simply hand over their work. You have to learn and critically think about what you are doing. This is how I managed to achieve a distinction in the first year and I'm on track for D*D*D for my second year.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi folks, anyone hate doing coursework for btec what units are struggling with and how many distinctions are looking to get this year ?

thanks much apprecited:smile::biggrin:

this the one with the assignments of chromatography and titration?
I have tried really hard on my assignments i Just dont want to lose the opportunity of distinctions because i really need them thats all so i have done what i needed to but am not sure if it will get me a distinction and for Unit 4 I am completely blank on what to do.
Please could you check if you have anything on your laptop/computers from last year as part of them assignments could you please send me them.
Yeah Im hopefully to get D*D*D I have applied to Lancaster, Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Sussex, Plymouth. Im applying for Bsc Honours in Biology and Psychology

I got 3 Offers which are Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Sussex and 1 Rejection. Also got a interview on the 16th for lancaster.

If you need any help darling private message with your coursework:smile:

by chance have you covered unit 14 during your studies

Quick Reply