The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

study leavee soooon - 11th may, cannot wait :biggrin: will finally allow me to revise how I WANT to rather than how teachers think we should
Original post by c3ntury
What're you friends doing? That'd give you a rough idea :smile:
That's the problem. They're all going as a group, as characters from something (I won't name what just in case they see this :biggrin:). I'm not a fan of what they're going as, so either way I'm screwed. Maybe if it's not compulsory, I won't go. But who knows? :s-smilie:
Original post by c3ntury
Half my year are already on it, I'm technically *late* in getting it done. What do you go on study leave?
Wait, your study leave starts tomorrow! :eek: Lucky you! :biggrin: I still have to wait about 6 weeks. :frown:
Original post by g.k.galloway
exactly my point!.. didn't confront him though - should have..... :rolleyes:

Get protesting! :biggrin:

Original post by Pandora.
Well, it's what I'd do! :ninja::tongue:
Interesting. :wink: I feel that about History sometimes.. I feel like I'm the only person I know who genuinely loves it (not at GCSE level though! :biggrin:).

What's the problems with English Literature? It's a shame that a lot of us on here do different books and poems, so it's hard to help out with English Lit. :frown:

Lmao! Not a good indication of how much you know though is it! :P
It looks like we are in the same predicament! I can't talk to any of my friends about Maths or Physics as a topic of just 'General Discussion', as they are deemed as strange subjects to like, let alone want to talk about in spare time! :P so, I just keep my mouth shut and read books, and pick the Maths and Physics teachers brains :biggrin: I really cannot wait for A-Level :')

As for English Literature, I just cannot stand it.. I don't know why, I just find it so excruciatingly boring! So much so, that it is painful to sit there and study the subject for the necessary amount of time! :frown: I sit there and listen, and slowly I just drift off, and think about maths. And before I know it, there's a question on my desk that I have to answer, and I don't have the will power to even attempt it!:frown: it just bores the living daylights out of me..
Original post by c3ntury

Half my year are already on it, I'm technically *late* in getting it done. What do you go on study leave?

You're late?! I don't even get study leave. But I do finish school on the 30th May.. :smile:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
You're late?! I don't even get study leave. But I do finish school on the 30th May.. :smile:

Luck bastard :wink:

I have until 27th June!!!! But at least I have study leave eh.

Addmaths your last exam. It isn't even half way through mine lol!
Original post by g.k.galloway
hiyaaa all..

had first day of art exam and have finished (wooo) but now have to do book work for 5 hours tomorrow (not wooo)

our head of year is now threatening to take study leave away from all of us because a small group of people in our year got red cards (red cards = badddd)...so not happy :frown:

Hes probably bs-ing, some people may have plans as he's proposed a certain date.
my last exam is history paper B - the friday of the second week of june i thinkkkk (don't know it off the top of my head lol)
but after that i don't have to come back to school until september - apart from exam results and sixth form induction week thing (oh and prom... but that's not at school)

so thats abouttttt 10 weeks of holiday :biggrin: got some work exp but other than that i am going to be so bored...

anyone else got summer work exp. things going on?
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Hes probably bs-ing, some people may have plans as he's proposed a certain date.

I hope so, I really need study leave....
My last exam is Stats on the 18th!!!!!
My last exam is Stats on the 18th!!!!!
Stats is one epic exam. :cool:
I really am bad at english .... of all the things to be bad at why does it have to be one of the important subjects...arrghh!
Original post by GreenLantern1
Luck bastard :wink:

I have until 27th June!!!! But at least I have study leave eh.

Addmaths your last exam. It isn't even half way through mine lol!

I sure am :biggrin: I have Add Maths and Physics on the same day, and that my last day :smile:

The week before goes something like this... Monday:Biology B3 Exam, Tuesday: English Literature Exam, Wednesday:PE Theory Exam, Thursday:Chemistry C3 Exam, Friday:Prepare for Add Maths and Physics for the following Wednesday! Yay :biggrin:

EDIT: oh and guess what's on tv tonight?! :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
I sure am :biggrin: I have Add Maths and Physics on the same day, and that my last day :smile:

The week before goes something like this... Monday:Biology B3 Exam, Tuesday: English Literature Exam, Wednesday:PE Theory Exam, Thursday:Chemistry C3 Exam, Friday:Prepare for Add Maths and Physics for the following Wednesday! Yay :biggrin:

i watch silent witness....
My mum just said she wants me to drop my plans to take A-Level music, and take biology instead, so I have two scientific subjects.

In her words, "I can understand you taking history, Latin and Greek, as that's the area you want to do your degree in, but you don't need music do you?"

No mum, I don't need music, but I frigging well WANT to take music as I enjoy it.

She drives me potty at times.
Original post by applesdonothelp
I am. It is so boring :frown:

haha I know right, it's almost impossible to find any decent notes for it anywhere :frown:
Original post by lil-mazie
I'm doing it's sooooooo boring, my teacher is so crap at explaining it so i use
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5REQO8cn4
their youtue channel is dedicated to us aqa GCSE students there's even of mice and men so check it out.
if the link doesn't work go on youtube and type GCSEs when the wasps drowned it's the picture of the two guys. Good luck in ur exam:biggrin:

yeah I've seen them but I don't really like the podcasts because all of the voices it makes me lose focus :tongue:

Oh yh I completely forgot about Dara and his maths!!!

Oh and for PE theory my friends have PE exams on that same day, is yours AQA?
Original post by Pandora.
Stats is one epic exam. :cool:

How come?

My study leave is really late as my head teacher says its better if they hold onto us for longer. I can kinda see what he's saying cus' most of my school probably would do no work. My study leave is on the13th, half way through my exams :/
How come?

My study leave is really late as my head teacher says its better if they hold onto us for longer. I can kinda see what he's saying cus' most of my school probably would do no work. My study leave is on the13th, half way through my exams :/
I don't even know why I enjoyed it so much! I just ended up finding it really interesting. I performed better in the Stats exam than I did in the Maths Stats and Probability paper. :biggrin:

13th May or June? :smile:
Original post by rock.and.rose
My mum just said she wants me to drop my plans to take A-Level music, and take biology instead, so I have two scientific subjects.

In her words, "I can understand you taking history, Latin and Greek, as that's the area you want to do your degree in, but you don't need music do you?"

No mum, I don't need music, but I frigging well WANT to take music as I enjoy it.

She drives me potty at times.

At the end of the day, they're your options, not hers! :smile: Pick what you want t take, not what anybody else wants you to take. You're perfectly bright enough to make your own intelligent desicions :smile:

Original post by GreenLantern1
Oh yh I completely forgot about Dara and his maths!!!

Oh and for PE theory my friends have PE exams on that same day, is yours AQA?

Glad I reminded you? :wink: 8:00 isn't it?

And I think I am on Edexcel :smile:

Latest