The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
Got to laugh at this post "Where has this myth come from? Being a member of the Russell group just means that the universites get a disproportionately high level of funding for research, nothing else. Having high research funding has almost nothing to do with job prospects for undergraduate students."

I don't see why you have to laugh at it Russel Group includes a lot of unis that aren't as good as others in there. Obviously it has Oxbridge and a few other top London unis but some shouldn't be there for the unis academic qualities.
Original post by GreenLantern1
I don't see why you have to laugh at it Russel Group includes a lot of unis that aren't as good as others in there. Obviously it has Oxbridge and a few other top London unis but some shouldn't be there for the unis academic qualities.

Generally Russell Group universities are better than non-Russell group universities but there are some exceptions and the poster was trying to claim later that the university you go to doesn't matter(unless its Oxbridge).
Original post by Dalek1099
Generally Russell Group universities are better than non-Russell group universities but there are some exceptions and the poster was trying to claim later that the university you go to doesn't matter(unless its Oxbridge).

My dad's a doctor and never before in any of his interviews have the interviewers asked him "What university did you go to?" Whatever university my dad went to or would have gone to, he would have still come out as a doctor (presuming he passed his exams, ofcourse). So I don't think it does entirely matter what uni you go to :smile:
Original post by usycool1
My dad's a doctor and never before in any of his interviews have the interviewers asked him "What university did you go to?" Whatever university my dad went to or would have gone to, he would have still come out as a doctor (presuming he passed his exams, ofcourse). So I don't think it does entirely matter what uni you go to :smile:

Yes but that's because he's a doctor. Unless you went to a terrible university, or got a terrible grade (in which case you wouldn't legally be a doctor), you're still going to get a good job. The doctor profession is an exception.

You can't claim that there isn't a difference in getting an Engineering degree at Imperial or UCL as compared to somewhere else.
Original post by x-Sophie-x
No, I mean you need to multiply them

And the n thingy..is supposed to be the pie sign..

Ahh OK...The dot sign means multiply, btw :tongue:

Remember, when multiplying variables or signs (pi), you add the indices.
Original post by InvertedLayman
Yes but that's because he's a doctor. Unless you went to a terrible university, or got a terrible grade (in which case you wouldn't legally be a doctor), you're still going to get a good job. The doctor profession is an exception.

You can't claim that there isn't a difference in getting an Engineering degree at Imperial or UCL as compared to somewhere else.

Ahh OK :smile:

Ahh OK :smile:

Yh tbf for Medicine it doesn't matter much at all to an employer whether you studied at Cambridge or some decent Uni like Nottingham. It is how well you do really. But Medicine is the only degree AFAIK that this is true for.
You know you are actually meant to do it so A* is 58, A is 52, B is 46 and then you keep subtracting 6 every grade you go down. That is the official way to do it. For that I am 56.5.

For your version however mine is 7.77 (lool with all the 7's)

Oh right on the Wood house website that's how they did it
Ahh OK...The dot sign means multiply, btw :tongue:

Remember, when multiplying variables or signs (pi), you add the indices.

Oh, woops :P

Lol, I know that..I still can't work it out though.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Hehehe. :biggrin: I'll be waiting :devil:

?????

Ok guys :biggrin: Here are my questions!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1991188&p=37412802#post37412802

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1991227&p=37413404#post37413404

Sorry for the wait, but I actually did a question by myself and got it right!! :woo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Oh, woops :P

Lol, I know that..I still can't work it out though.

Lol you learn something new everyday :tongue:

It should be fairly straight forward after adding the powers. What part are you stuck on/don't get?
Anyone got any plans for tonight? I can't find anything good on TV to watch (other than Casualty). :sad:
Reply 7612
Original post by Pandora.
Anyone got any plans for tonight? I can't find anything good on TV to watch (other than Casualty). :sad:

Organising a gathering at mine tomorrow night (just 10 of us or so), but a load of the girls have fallen out with other girls who are now demanding they're invited.

To which I said, with the best will in the world, stop acting so entitled.

Probably not the best answer but I felt like being honest.
Original post by c3ntury
Organising a gathering at mine tomorrow night (just 10 of us or so), but a load of the girls have fallen out with other girls who are now demanding they're invited.

To which I said, with the best will in the world, stop acting so entitled.

Probably not the best answer but I felt like being honest.
Eurgh, I can empathise completely. At least you're not female, so you don't have to put up with stuff like this 24/7! :tongue: I can't stand the majority of my female "friends" if I'm honest. :ninja:

I'd say that was the best answer for that occasion :wink: Anyway, enjoy your gathering! :biggrin:
Reply 7614
Original post by Pandora.
Eurgh, I can empathise completely. At least you're not female, so you don't have to put up with stuff like this 24/7! :tongue: I can't stand the majority of my female "friends" if I'm honest. :ninja:

I'd say that was the best answer for that occasion :wink: Anyway, enjoy your gathering! :biggrin:

It's a bloody mess. I'll screenshot the Twitter message I was sent at some point.

And will do, going to revise tonight to make up for the lack of it tomorrow evening :tongue:

How're you?
Original post by c3ntury
It's a bloody mess. I'll screenshot the Twitter message I was sent at some point.

And will do, going to revise tonight to make up for the lack of it tomorrow evening :tongue:

How're you?
I look forward to it! :lol:

I'm ok ta, had a bit of friend-related bad day but I won't go into it because I wouldn't be able to restrain myself. :tongue: Other than that, I'm pretty good! :smile: And you? :smile:
Reply 7616
Original post by g.k.galloway
i'll see what i can do, writing may be too small..

Dont worry too much but if it would be possible that would be fantastic so I can create my own version :smile:
What do you guys reckon, will the AQA outgoing specification exams have questions on similar topics to recent examinations or dissimilar topics? Because some of the more recent papers for Biology 3 have been PEAK times if you get what I mean..

Some of those abstract questions on the gut :s-smilie:
What do you guys reckon, will the AQA outgoing specification exams have questions on similar topics to recent examinations or dissimilar topics? Because some of the more recent papers for Biology 3 have been PEAK times if you get what I mean..

Some of those abstract questions on the gut :s-smilie:

I think they'll be pretty similar to previous exams, I'm just gonna go through past papers and revise what comes up a lot. I can't imagine they'd put in different stuff from normal just because it's an outgoing specification :P
Reply 7619
a frist from one university is not the same as another, so it does matter what university you go to

Latest