The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8220
Original post by Ptolemy001
Edexcel R.E exam next week. Who else is sitting it?

Me! I have 2 exams; unit 1 and unit 8 on Christianity and Islam
Original post by iJess
Me! I have 2 exams; unit 1 and unit 8 on Christianity and Islam

Next week?
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Same! I think some case studies are inter-linked though to reduce the amount we have to learn (:

I'm doing Physical: Ice on the land; Water on the land; Ecosystems.
And Human: Tourism; Devlopment; Urbanisation

Apparently our geography department have chosen the easiest topics O_O
But I don't quite agree.

How about you? :')

Mine's the easiest:

Population and settlement

River and coasts

Natural Hazerds ( eg volcanoes and stuff )
Can anyone suggest a topic that I could do a speech on? Just 2/3mins. I don't really want to do a Room 101 as I like most things, its just people that I don't like. Speech can be literally anything, just the topic area please?
Original post by g.k.galloway
Yeh sadly I could find no way for tsr to accomodate such punctation...

and it looks like its good revision for you - i will continue to make mistakes and you can correct them lol :tongue:
I haven't done German since year 9

Did you drop it (i.e. already done the GCSE) or just choose not to do the GCSE. My german translation:

Hast du er verlassen, oder nur wahlte dir das GCSE nicht machen. (See that sexy mix of perfect past tense and imperfect past tense - just needed a bit pf pluperfect and it would have been immense)
Reply 8225
Earlier on I mentioned if anyone is looking for a part time job for after school, well basically I'm stuck on my CV, can some please help me out? For my skills section I wrote Throughout my school studies I have gained a considerable amount of knowledge and skills in using computers. I have experience in using both Micro Media and Microsoft Office package and can carry out many other computer related tasks such as data entry, researching, video editing and web design. but I want to apply for a simple job such as shelf stacking or at the till, I really need help??
Reply 8226
Original post by Paparazzo
Next week?

Yup! 15th and 17th May
Original post by Sheel1
Mine's the easiest:

Population and settlement

River and coasts

Natural Hazerds ( eg volcanoes and stuff )

That combination of topics sounds much easier. Lucky you!
Reply 8228
Original post by Ptolemy001
Edexcel R.E exam next week. Who else is sitting it?

Yeah, i am on tuesday religion and life christianity. What topic are you doing? :smile:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Same! I think some case studies are inter-linked though to reduce the amount we have to learn (:

I'm doing Physical: Ice on the land; Water on the land; Ecosystems.
And Human: Tourism; Devlopment; Urbanisation

Apparently our geography department have chosen the easiest topics O_O
But I don't quite agree.

How about you? :')
I think I must be on a different exam board to you. I did Physical last year, and I've got Human (Tourism, Settlement) and Geographical Skills and Challenges (Challenges for the Planet and Map Skills) this year. I hate my topics, but I can't say I envy yours! :eek:
Reply 8230
Original post by Pandora.
I think I must be on a different exam board to you. I did Physical last year, and I've got Human (Tourism, Settlement) and Geographical Skills and Challenges (Challenges for the Planet and Map Skills) this year. I hate my topics, but I can't say I envy yours! :eek:

Are you doing AQA geography?
Original post by sophie5
Are you doing AQA geography?
No, Edexcel :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Yep that was what I was saying, Its just that most people do take maths and apparently it does help with chem. etc.
A level wise all uni's now require AAA (i thinkkk) but cambridge and a few others require A*AA.. so yeh - not sure what it has to be in though (*cruises google*)

i've decided to take
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Economics

(all assuming nothing goes catastrophically down the toilet over the next 5/6 weeks lol)

Oh okay, cool. So you want to study medicine?
Reply 8233
My last day at school tomorrow :biggrin: and lots of parties! I've stocked up on bubbles, sweets and permanent markers from tesco :tongue:
Original post by iJess
My last day at school tomorrow :biggrin: and lots of parties! I've stocked up on bubbles, sweets and permanent markers from tesco :tongue:

You forgot Alcohol! :wink:
Original post by iJess
Have a good one! :biggrin:
Can anyone explain to me what Young Enterprise actually is? :confused:
Oh my gosh school is KILLING my MIND. Of our 5 lessons today, I had revision for Humanities, revision for Science, free period from Maths, free period AGAIN and then English essay.
'Tis not productive - especially with an infuriating assembly in the morning about 'creativity' and drawing circles. FFS.

:unimpressed:

Please let it finish soon.

Anyway I hope your day was more interesting than mine :h:
Original post by iJess
Yup! 15th and 17th May

I have one every day except for Friday! :frown:
Reply 8239
Original post by justanotherindigo
I urgently need help!:frown:

For those who are doing OCR 21st century science (add. science), could you by any chance help mw out with P5 and P6!
I have the most useless Physics teacher, so any help would be much appreciated!

I'm doing gateway but I'm good at physics, hit me with your question :smile:

Latest