Turn on thread page Beta

Just something i thought of :D watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I'll try this again!!!

WTF is going on??? OK done it - takes an awful long time to upload (and i have a reasonable connection)
    nice car

very cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyboy123)
    Just out of interest. Why do you blur out the nunmber plates?
    So that people don't copy your number and drive through speed cameras fast!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    So that people don't copy your number and drive through speed cameras fast!
    The thing that always amuses me about that argument.. is that a person must see hundreds of numberplates while just out on the street.. why not copy one of them? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cRaig)
    The thing that always amuses me about that argument.. is that a person must see hundreds of numberplates while just out on the street.. why not copy one of them? :p:
    LOL very true, suppose it would be easier to copy the car in the picture - e.g. make yours look exactly like it, including number plates, so that it's more convincing - rather than just by seeing a car drive past and copying the plate.

Still, blanking out the number plate makes us all feel better. Wouldn't really want to show it off unless it was P155 OFF. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the guy with the kit car (his name escapes me, I thought I knew it, but that guy has already posted here so I must be wrong!) will post his pics, that's one cool car.

As soon as my dad sorts himself out, I shall post pics of my soon to be car. 'Tis only a Corsa (how original), so there's no great urgency!

ReputationRep:
    Here's mine, well will be in about two days, just bought it. Its a Nissan 200SX

Here's my old car too. Ford Focus 2.0 Zetec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Still, blanking out the number plate makes us all feel better. Wouldn't really want to show it off unless it was P155 OFF. :laugh:
    Hehe, there's a Smart car that drives round our area advertising custom number plates... it has the plate P3NI5 - you should see people's heads wizz round when they take another look, just to check they read it right! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lee)
    Wow, I like your car!
    (Original post by davemarkey)
    nice car

very cool :cool:
    Double thanks
    It may be selling in less than 2 months (50% chance), so my beloved is going due to insurance and maintenance costs. (Those 2 combined are £4k exc Fuel). So looking for something like a VVC or VVTi engine.

Don't think I'll ever get near what the 6 is like though

ReputationRep:
    Nice SX, is that the turbo?

ReputationRep:

Everybody say clean!

ReputationRep:
    That is one clean and shiny car!!! Do you actually drive it!? :p:

ReputationRep:
    ahah yeah I just have ocd when it comes to cleaning it, that was before I started using wax too, elbow grease is the way to do it everyone! However the poor thing is now muddy and road grimy because its too cold to faff about with a pressure washer and clean it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm sad, I know. You have to go to the Matiz Owner's Club website for pics of my car :p:

Oh, and before any of you ask, the air horn didn't fit so it's going on my motorbike (when I get one that is!)

http://www.matizclub.com/memberscars.htm Member #69 :p:
    http://www.matizclub.com/images/5d8c75e0.jpg <--- front angle
    http://www.matizclub.com/images/74f9301e.jpg <--- rear angle

ReputationRep:
    Erm . . . I don't really know what to say. Not talking about the Matiz as so much the actual Matiz club. I'm still puzzled on how to react to that one!

It would be very unfair for me to even remotely start taking the piss about an 800cc engined car club now run by Americans :pwnd:

Alright I'll stop already. Beat me badly :broken:

Car must be cheap to run and maintain though. I would imagine car costs to be extraordinary cheap, which is no bad thing

I'm sorry - Mr Canadian - you'll get better advice on here about cars; surely!!!!! I'll make sure of it.

PS. Don't dare modify it!!!! Keep it real

ReputationRep:
    Red Dragon, your car is amazing.

I was driving this in the summer; unfortunately my mum's friend wrote it off, or I would have started to get my license. Despite her outward appearance the engine was perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    Nice SX, is that the turbo?
    yep, 2.0 Turbo, its modified and has 272BHP and 284lb/ft of torque.

Oh the joys of turning 21, my insurance is £743 fully comp for a group 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Dragon)
    yep, 2.0 Turbo, its modified and has 272BHP and 284lb/ft of torque.

Oh the joys of turning 21, my insurance is £743 fully comp for a group 18.
    How the ****?? What's you're car worth?

I have a group 17 car which was a cert to cost me in excess of £2k living in London and I'm older than you and no doubt been driving longer than you

ReputationRep:
    Damn! Nice deal Take it to Santa Pod, tell us how she does. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    How the ****?? What's you're car worth?

I have a group 17 car which was a cert to cost me in excess of £2k living in London and I'm older than you and no doubt been driving longer than you
    I got the car cheap as it needs some work doing to it, cost me just under £2500. Im 21, been driving since 17, only do minimum miles and live in an area with a low crime rating.

I like your facelift 6 btw, my mate has black phase 2 one, and i used to have a 306. Faster then my focus and with great handling, but not quite as good as the focus on the limit.

(Original post by snmichaels)
    Damn! Nice deal Take it to Santa Pod, tell us how she does. :cool:
    The previous owner did a 13.85 at 108mph at Santa Pod, so once its mapped properly, should be able to better that

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty good trap speed for that time, sounds like there is a lot left in her. Are you having any trouble with traction? With that speed, should be running mid to low 13's. Get some Nitto drag radials for track days, you'll love them. Good for at least 3 tenths.

*sigh* I miss racing.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.