Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    No - that's the norm. Anyone who scores full marks at interview (rare) or is terrible gets a decision within around a week. For everyone else they make decisions at the end of March.
    Thanks Fluffy! I was getting worried for a sec.

My interview was somewhat weird actually: two people on the panel, one pharmacologist and one 3rd year medic (I was expecting 3 people!).

We chatted about the ancient video for a bit, then got asked some questions pertaining to that which I wrote on my PS.

Then the pharamocologist goes, "Right, you're a doctor/consultant in a room with a patient and some medical students. One medical student says something that upsets the patient. What would you do?"

That question was alright, then I got asked tell me a time when you worked as part of a team (something along those lines). I cited my time in YMCA Day Camps.

Come to think of it, both people on the panel were unimaginably nice. A bit too nice actually!

ReputationRep:
    woahh...the first question sounds pretty hard!! they didn't ask you what is your weakness did they..i hate that question lol

ReputationRep:
    I just recently had the wierdest interview at Barts,

Firstly i was intervied by two not three (one pharmacologist, the other a medic student) and they asked me some very basic questions i.e why barts, what qualities do you have? (is that a gud sign) I am really baffed, i was expecting more challenging questions, oh yeh one scenario:

you're a consultant, and u are taking sum medical students on a ward round. and then One of the medical students says something that upsets the patient. What would you do?

Did any1 feel that they had a wierd interview? That it was suprisingly easy (no medical ethics, no current issues, nothing realted to science) just plain personality question?

ReputationRep:
    All BL are usually interested in is finding out about you and whether BL is right for you and you right for BL.

No nastiness. After all, we are the friendliest medcial school in London :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyskoolkid)
    I just recently had the wierdest interview at Barts,

Firstly i was intervied by two not three (one pharmacologist, the other a medic student) and they asked me some very basic questions i.e why barts, what qualities do you have? (is that a gud sign) I am really baffed, i was expecting more challenging questions, oh yeh one scenario:

you're a consultant, and u are taking sum medical students on a ward round. and then One of the medical students says something that upsets the patient. What would you do?

Did any1 feel that they had a wierd interview? That it was suprisingly easy (no medical ethics, no current issues, nothing realted to science) just plain personality question?
    I believe we had the same interviwers.

Was the medical student a Chinese 3rd year?

ReputationRep:
    yeh it was, he was wearing glasses (bit like Dravid the fotballer), which had thick black frames. He was a cool person, when answering my question he gave me a lot of confidence.

ReputationRep:
    i had my interview 2day a bit wierd too as lasted bout 8 minutes and straight forward questions. its hard to know tho what that means is it good or bad!! just have to wait until get an answer from them in march.

ReputationRep:
    heyy, nad11...which one were you in the interviewing room, i'm sure i saw you! my interview went pretty well i think! Although they didn't ask me usual questions like why doctor? and what are your hobbies! Good luck!! Hope we both get in!!

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who do not read admissions forum (and why not???!!! ):

(Original post by admissions assistant @ BL)
    I have explained this in a previous thread but here we go again. If you were interviewed ages ago and have not heard anything, you will only hear in March. Offers are made to those candidates who score top marks at interview so someone could have been interviewed 2 weeks ago may have an offer and that's because they scored top marks. Everyone else who does not hear within a few weeks will only hear in March. It will not be the beginning of March but nearer the end.

I apologise for the answerphone being on and emails not answered, we are currently only 2 staff at the moment and are out at interviews a few days out of the week.

If you have specific questions that are not answered above, please feel free to pm me.

ReputationRep:
    Is it the same for those who score the crappest marks? They will hear within two weeks as well?

ReputationRep:
    Aparently if you do 'poorly', a swift rejection is usually the norm...

ReputationRep:
    Is it always standard offer...if you get full marks at interview...do they ever offer anyone less than AAB???

ReputationRep:
    No - BL seems to always be the standard offer.

I know a handful of people who were accepted after getting less than their offer but with mitigating circumstances, but I do not know anyone who got less than the standard initially.

(Original post by Fluffy)
    Hey Sayed - not necessarily. The head of admissions is new for this year (as Hannah left to do a Speech and Language masters at City Uni). Therefore, they're just playing it cautiously. They do not want to end up in a position where they over offer, so are making a lot of their decisions at the end of the interview period.

Keep your chin up.

Hugs fxxx
    if only that was the case...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magician)
    if only that was the case...lol
    Hey magician, log time no speak. Anyway fluffy i think i am going to errrr get errrr.........dont really want to say it. Thats 7 so far then...... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    7 ? huh?
    if ur talking bout rejections, then ur sig doesnt mention any.
    u've had 3 interviews, so the odds are in your favour of getting atleast one offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ant1337)
    7 ? huh?
    if ur talking bout rejections, then ur sig doesnt mention any.
    u've had 3 interviews, so the odds are in your favour of getting atleast one offer
    reapplying mate, last year no interviews. Keele i feel i have been rejected and leicester as aint heard jack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayed_samed)
    reapplying mate, last year no interviews. Keele i feel i have been rejected and leicester as aint heard jack.

It's not over til it's over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    It's not over til it's over!
    Unfortuntely same situation last year andthis year only 2-3 weeks to go so.......no till the fat lady sings. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I bet u'll get an offer
    Barts are taking so long to reject me.......... why.????

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 14, 2006

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.