The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
well i can see my philanthropist idea was appreciated... :p:
Robin*Hood
I would like it to be one giant ice rink!QUOTE]

Definitely we soo need another one of those
Reply 22
Im going to be boring and agree with the Hospital idea. I actually cant comprehend that £800mil was spend on it!! Think how that money could of gone to hospitals/schools?
Reply 23
I think it looks quite cool from the pics but ive never ever seen it in real life so it might look horrid. £1mil a month is quite a lot though :eek:
I just realised when I posted earlier I didn't answer the question, I would like to see the dome filled with just enough helium so that it can float about the world bring failure and humiliation wherever it goes.
Reply 25
I'd like to see it blow up. Explosions are fun
Reply 26
It's a shame it was a failure, an 11 year old such as me at the time found it one of the best days out of my life, and will always remember it. Shame.

Anywho, 2012 olympics for it, then Im not sure.. hand it over to someone to convert into a shopping complex? :confused:
Reply 27
I reckon it should be turned into a sports center for kids, and maybe they could have ice rinks in there aswell, hmmmmm???
Reply 28
[quote="xbananahammockx"]
Robin*Hood
I would like it to be one giant ice rink!QUOTE]

Definitely we soo need another one of those

Well, actually London DOES need one.

The capital lost it's only top flight Ice Hockey team (http://www.londonracers.co.uk/) half way through this season because the Lee Valley rink that they were playing out of was declared un-fit by their insurers after i) the glass exploded twice, on one of theose occasions covering spectators, and ii) a Nottingham Panthers (http://www.panthers.co.uk/) player ripped his cheek open on mis-aligned boards.

The Racers had to quit the League because there was no other venue in, or around London that was suitable.
I think they should turn it into a giant breast. That way we could get some good titillation on the way from heathrow.
Reply 30
give it to me - it can be the headquarters for the new BUF. :cool:

no really, I've no idea. But I really don't think they should sell it to some foreign investor.
Well it's definately being used for the 2012 London Games, and it would appear that this conversion to an arena will happen remotely soon as I believe it is hosting the 2008 (or 2010?) World Gymnastics Championships.

Bout time London had an arena comparable to the M.E.N.
Mods; my post was part of an ongoing discussion in another thread and was delivered as mocking sarcasm.
Reply 33
they should turn it into a brothel
an indoor venue for gigs :smile:
A giant bouncy castle.
Reply 36
How about,

it's a giant bouncy castle

In the evenings bands play on it.

Then later into the night, it's a brothel.

And I think during they day it should be a shelter for the homeless.

and obviously if they need a job, there's always the brothel
Reply 37
At christmas time at least one year it was used to house homeless people and to give them medical and dental checkups. I think that should be year round, although it wont solve the problem it could help thousands of people, if not to house them at least to give them a place to go to receive medical attention and possibly advice on how to get back on their feet.
they will need to build the next bigbrother house some where because the rent on the place they are now has run out so why not there
I loved the Millemium Dome, I went 4 times.

I say reopen it.

Latest

Trending

Trending