The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sisyphus
Durham strikes me as a fairly nice place to go to university. Why anybody would want to go to LSE is beyond me. Only a lunatic would pick their university on the basis of its famous graduates, rather than whether they would enjoy their time there.

Now Gemma is denying that, in an earlier post, she emitted this naughty four letter word in my direction. I find that kind of thing to be so sad: if you opt for the fishwife stratagem (note the pun) it's always more impressive if you stick with it, instead of trying to backtrack, come on darling, go for it!

As for not attending LSE, I can see the point: it's not a Barbie and Ken type academy, full of ever -so - naice people exploring kitsch fantasies about Rupert Brooke and tea and crumpet beneath the elms...LSE is heavy metal and don't play with it if you don't like explosions. Don't go there unless you can handle it...

Aside from this can we return to the burning question of the moment, please: Durham and its famous seekers after truth? I urge you all to focus on this, at least for now..

I'm not sure precisely what feminism is, I only know that it enables me to see only what I want to see and to ignore everything else....
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
W.A.S Hewins
Sure, they'll let some people in who have got lower grades, so what? The average remains much higher-and for God's sake try not to lower the tone of the place when you do turn up in Houghton Street - btw there's a good book for people like you: 'Critical Thinking for Students' (Roy Van Den Brink-Budgen, 'How to Books', 2000)

How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb? Two-one to electrocute herself and another to blame it on men..

I'll try not to, i'm obviously not so clever as you so i'll try not to ruin your precious university for you. If i am so ineffectual and wrong all the time, i suppose I won't make that much difference when I am up against people like you, Hewins
Reply 42
claire1985
I'll try not to, i'm obviously not so clever as you so i'll try not to ruin your precious university for you. If i am so ineffectual and wrong all the time, i suppose I won't make that much difference when I am up against people like you, Hewins

Don't take it all too much to heart...you'll be fine....in a few weeks I'll disappear anyway (thesis writing time), so you won't have to be annoyed by my comments....as I said I think you'll be fine, just let it all hang out...
Reply 43
W.A.S Hewins
Don't take it all too much to heart...you'll be fine....in a few weeks I'll disappear anyway (thesis writing time), so you won't have to be annoyed by my comments....as I said I think you'll be fine, just let it all hang out...

I don't get annoyed by your comments, I laugh at them. Well, if i get an offer from Dur and AAA to back it up, you won't even have to tolerate me there :-)
Reply 44
claire1985
I don't get annoyed by your comments, I laugh at them. Well, if i get an offer from Dur and AAA to back it up, you won't even have to tolerate me there :-)

Good....laughter is the path of enlightenment..
Reply 45
W.A.S Hewins
Good....laughter is the path of enlightenment..
To supplement that comment-please, please send your information about Durham's academics, the original purpose of this thread...after all...

Feminists take it up the bum...mental stimulation is their main goal...
Reply 46
W.A.S Hewins
To supplement that comment-please, please send your information about Durham's academics, the original purpose of this thread...after all...

Feminists take it up the bum...mental stimulation is their main goal...
<---------- How mature
I believe i have submitted my two cents, look back a few threads. I don't really think whether or not Durham has famous academics graduating from there is really of much concern to most people. It retains it's excellent reputation for turning out intelligent, employable graduates and has some very good departments. In the history department at least they must have some good research because they have been awarded the 5* RAE score. I see you are out to humour anyone thinking of going to Durham, not working very well is it.
Reply 47
W.A.S Hewins
Now Gemma is denying that, in an earlier post, she emitted this naughty four letter word in my direction. I find that kind of thing to be so sad: if you opt for the fishwife stratagem (note the pun) it's always more impressive if you stick with it, instead of trying to backtrack, come on darling, go for it

You disappoint me Hewins - I thought you would have been able to read, being at university and all! If you look back at the post to which I replied and said I did not swear, you will see that I did not swear in that post - it was in a previous post when i did swear at you! But obviously you are not intelligent enough to be able to work this out for yourself! And you say women are stupid! When you make these comments about women being stupid, and me being sad, I fear that you maybe talking about yourself. Are you going through a depressive time at the moment? Do you need to talk? Is that why you are being so insultive?
Reply 48
gemma1811
You disappoint me Hewins - I thought you would have been able to read, being at university and all! If you look back at the post to which I replied and said I did not swear, you will see that I did not swear in that post - it was in a previous post when i did swear at you! But obviously you are not intelligent enough to be able to work this out for yourself! And you say women are stupid! When you make these comments about women being stupid, and me being sad, I fear that you maybe talking about yourself. Are you going through a depressive time at the moment? Do you need to talk? Is that why you are being so insultive?

Gemma, this is waffle and you know it is-incidentally have you ever heard of the phrase 'ad hominem arguments'-because that is what you are resorting to....So you are deeply offended when bossy femmy says
men are stupid, being a believer in equality and so on?

Latest

Trending

Trending