The Student Room Group

University of Aberystwyth vs University of Portsmouth!?

I intend to study Computer Science at uni, but which one should I choose?

What do you think?
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
I'm currently a fresher at Aber, and I chose it above places like Durham and Southampton. It's not as reputable as some places, but it has a good CS department and a really nice CS community.

Most of the CS degrees have an optional year in industry between the 2nd and 3rd years, which is very good for getting a graduate job afterwards, also if you're into FLOSS at all then there's an Open Source Computing degree (which is what I'm on).

The town is quite small (and certainly feels it to me because I'm from Sheffield originally), but I'm starting to quite like it.

Can't give you any info about Portsmouth though.
Portsmouth :yep:
Reply 4
Original post by n3hima
I'm currently a fresher at Aber, and I chose it above places like Durham and Southampton. It's not as reputable as some places, but it has a good CS department and a really nice CS community.

Most of the CS degrees have an optional year in industry between the 2nd and 3rd years, which is very good for getting a graduate job afterwards, also if you're into FLOSS at all then there's an Open Source Computing degree (which is what I'm on).

The town is quite small (and certainly feels it to me because I'm from Sheffield originally), but I'm starting to quite like it.

Can't give you any info about Portsmouth though.

There's an entire degree on open source? :lolwut:

Also OP, Aber.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending