Rowing Watch

Are We There Yet?
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
My club has entered my crew (coxed quad) at Ancholme for the past 4 years.

1st Year, bowmans seat support broke, disqualified for passing finishing line with 3 rowers

2nd Year had a hole put in the boat due to car crashing into our trailer. Did not row

3rd Year I (seat 3) caught a crab and twisted the gate. Finished with 3 rowers

Last Year, capsized.

This is our year this year
FadeToBlackout
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
Cannot believe it's nearly been a year since the last post on this thread!

Anyway, I'm going to be rowing for Nines this season. First training on Sunday. Circuits on Thursday. I'm so unfit I sweat nicotine.
I shall swear at you from my overtaking boat, don't worry :p:
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive taken rowing up since joining uni, went for my first session on sunday morning at 8am :O (impressed i made it considering i didnt get to bed till 4.30am)
was good fun once we got going.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's such an addiction ;yes;
supernova2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
anybody rowing up in cambridge in 2 weeks?
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pretty much guarenteed that I will be. Segat1 will also probably be around.
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course I will. Try to keep me away.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i was sculling for 3 years back in Norwich.. got pretty good, loved being on the water twice a week.. was also in a double team, and did a bit in a quad and a four.

at uni though its all competative and expensive... i just like taking out a boat and rowing!

used to going kayaking every other week or so too.
dobbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ooooh rowing

I rowed for 3 years at my college at Durham University, and also coached 2 girls crews, and also coxed quite a lot!

For those who are like "OMG I'M NOT TALL ENOUGH!!" - I'm 5'7, and around 68kg. Although it's true that in the boat it's not amazing as you don't have the same length as the taller guys, you can still do damage on the ERGs, in the trials for our Tideway 8 I got the 4th best time, and was quite easily the shortest person there! :proud:

But then Tideway was bloody cancelled. DAMN WAVES. Was anyone else there?? Was quite scary sitting at bow and pretty much looking DOWN on the rest of the boat as a wave came underneath me, then smashing back down onto the water, ouch!

Anywho, any rowers out there in the North East? I'm thinking of joining Tyne RC as a Cox for a laugh, just to keep up with the rowing community, loved coxing so much
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Who's doing Cambridge Winter Heads?
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Me. Briefly, just the one division- though I've been asked to cox at least 5 different boats! Don't know if anyone else would be!
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm stroking 2 crews, one in Div 2 and the other in Div 4. I will be knackeroonied.
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'll wave as we go past at speed :aetsch:
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woah, that's dedication for you...
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol we overtook Fitz *cox screaming MOVE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!* at the Plough Reach and caught a crab at the Railings and STILL WON THE DIVISION WITH A SCRATCH CREW!!!!!!
Segat1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Classic!
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Segat1)
Lol we overtook Fitz *cox screaming MOVE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!* at the Plough Reach and caught a crab at the Railings and STILL WON THE DIVISION WITH A SCRATCH CREW!!!!!!
I overtook a Cantabs eight around Grassy, on the inside- "Cantabs, move over, give me the line NOW!!" did the trick. THing is, too, the (cantabs) marshals had moved us up the division as we were quite speedy too, so they ended up slowing their own crew down. Lawks. Give us a nice Janousek that's not a floating wardrobe, like our Karlische, and we'd've knocked about 20 seconds off the time too.

Supernova: How did you find the corners? Ideally, the blades should have been trimming the overhanging grass as you went around.
Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We got our novice head this weekend, on both sweeping and sculling, looking foward to it, but gonna be bit tense beforehand, already had a couple of the crews capsize during practise :s
FadeToBlackout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Head races are non-contact, unlike some of our races- and there's no cannons to start it!

Got my second race as a novice rower on THursday- 2.5k. It's going to HURT. I'm a sadist and a cox, not a masochist rower...
theredsox
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So, guys: What sort of music do you put on when you do ergs? I'm bored of what I've got at the moment and I'm looking for some ideas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed