The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yey! Manny Pacquiao won the fight! *soo soo proud*.
Just a reminder to everyone: 25th Barrio Fiesta this 18th and 19th July 2009. :smile:

http://www.philippinecentre.com/barriofiesta2009.html
Kamusta! Anyone from Bath or anywhere near? :biggrin:
Kamusta all! Ako din pilipino naman!

Marlon
Oh by the way, sign me up :P
dh00001
Soc has no leader, anyone want to do it?

Hi dh00001, please substitute me as the leader of this group, please. I am native Filipino and and willing to fulfil all duties. Many thanks!:smile:
Reply 906
Hey everyone! I'm a molecular biology researcher from the Philippines hoping to read Integrated Immunology at Oxford this fall.

I'm new to the community, and I joined primarily because I was hoping to hear from anyone who might be able to advise me on how to fund my graduate studies (although I've been a fan of the TSR forums long before I actually joined).

I've been offered a place for the MSc Integrated Immunology program (2010 intake) at Oxford; unfortunately, however, I was not selected for the British Council (Chevening scholarship) which I applied for--though I was included in the final shortlist.

I also applied for the Clarendon Fund, but I have yet to hear from them. If I am unable to qualify for the Clarendon, what other options do I have in terms of funding sources? I'm from the Philippines, so I am liable to pay the overseas rate.

I really hope that someone from TSR could point me in the right direction, or give some suggestions as to how I could go about this problem. I really don't want to forfeit my slot , and it really is my first choice graduate program

I would appreciate any response that you guys might have.

Looking forward to exploring TSR as an official member and I hope to meet other Filipinos studying/who have studied in the UK :smile:
Reply 907
Hmm, not too sure about the funding but you might have to end up doing a part time job to cover living expenses, and probably a fair bit of financial support from your family back home. The best bet is still for the Clarendon fund to get through. Sadly Philippines is not part of the commonwealth countries, otherwise DFID scholarship would have been possible.

Have you tried looking at the funding opportunities for the specific department you will be applying on? Sometimes they run funding at a departmental level for the Uni youre interested in. Worse comes to worse, you might have to take out a loan but im not sure as to how that will pan out.
Reply 908
hey...im new here.. this is lil thick, but can anyone explain me how tsr works, i mean can u easily get a reply from a post (like a normal Chat).?..haha.
Reply 909
hi sa lahat...
Tots99
Hey everyone! I'm a molecular biology researcher from the Philippines hoping to read Integrated Immunology at Oxford this fall.

I'm new to the community, and I joined primarily because I was hoping to hear from anyone who might be able to advise me on how to fund my graduate studies (although I've been a fan of the TSR forums long before I actually joined).

I've been offered a place for the MSc Integrated Immunology program (2010 intake) at Oxford; unfortunately, however, I was not selected for the British Council (Chevening scholarship) which I applied for--though I was included in the final shortlist.

I also applied for the Clarendon Fund, but I have yet to hear from them. If I am unable to qualify for the Clarendon, what other options do I have in terms of funding sources? I'm from the Philippines, so I am liable to pay the overseas rate.

I really hope that someone from TSR could point me in the right direction, or give some suggestions as to how I could go about this problem. I really don't want to forfeit my slot , and it really is my first choice graduate program

I would appreciate any response that you guys might have.

Looking forward to exploring TSR as an official member and I hope to meet other Filipinos studying/who have studied in the UK :smile:

im having the same problem like yours, the only difference is, im here in US. and i cant seem to figure out what to do and what not.
hey everyone! i just joined tsr this month, to be able to get some answer to my situation. if you can read my thread go ahead and read it. im really having a problem about applying to UCAS and to some universities in UK. i emailed some of the universities and some of their response was not clear enough for me. so if you please read my thread id be happy because my situation has been bothering me, and i dont know where to start about it.

im a filipina living in US! :smile:
Reply 912
new member here.. im studying in The University of Northampton.. but Im living here in Nottingham for my work placement.. :smile:

1st month in the UK baby!! :smile:

hit me up!
esem717
new member here.. im studying in The University of Northampton.. but Im living here in Nottingham for my work placement.. :smile:

1st month in the UK baby!! :smile:

hit me up!

lucky yooooooooooou!!!!
Reply 914
:smile: y am i lucky?!
I went to barrio Fiesta today....soo many filis. Who else went there? Darn, food there's so expensive.
Reply 916
Im half spanish half fili can i joinnn :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending