Turn on thread page Beta

The Filipino Society: Mabuhay! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, salamat.

Did any of you guys go to the Filipino festival in Hounslow today?

I didnt, I went to work but its not exactly that great of an event anyway lol otherwise I would have called off sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)
    Thank you, salamat.

I didnt, I went to work but its not exactly that great of an event anyway lol otherwise I would have called off sick.

Yehey may flag ka na! :yy:
    I didn't go to Barrio Fiesta because it's far. ;laugh; (but I want to go coz I haven't been to any Barrio Fiesta at all )

ReputationRep:
    You didnt miss much going there anyway, unless your young, like 16-19 or something then you would have missed out on some nice girls, but apart from that.........................nah ting.

Halo halo is like £3, pancit and rice is like £7 lol.

One tub of Ube ice creammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is like £8, something like that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ^hmm wow, expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)
    You didnt miss much going there anyway, unless your young, like 16-19 or something then you would have missed out on some nice girls, but apart from that.........................nah ting.

One tub of Ube ice creammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is like £8, something like that anyway.
    good lookin girls eh???? roflmao.. even so i wouldnt go, im not really into that kind of bonding binding with the pinoy community... and i dont usually go to large occassions.. im an introvert to be specific.. lol.. maybe

i'd agree thats quite expensive.. ice cream £8.. id be able to buy 3-4 tubs with that... XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)
    Thank you, salamat.

Errm I intended to... but then I overslept and thought **** it lol.

Also with prices like that I'm surprised anyone went, all filipinos I know are skanky, they wouldn't fork out that much!

ReputationRep:
    Heya every1!! I am now here in the Philippines!!!

ReputationRep:
    ^how's the weather there?is it still raining?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)

Dam, I wish i went my driving instructor went and he was like , There are some fine girls down there , you wana girl you should of went. He told me to go as well and i am 18 so dang. (Yes, Im half-filipino)

ReputationRep:
    yessssh it was packed full of sexy ladies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walalang)
    ^how's the weather there?is it still raining?!
    Yes it is and has been for the past few days!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz23)
    Yes it is and has been for the past few days!!!
    Don't worry, the weather's turning a bit over here now... the weather's finally decided we've had it too good for long enough lol.

ReputationRep:
    When I went to philipines I saw my cousins having sex with each other

ReputationRep:
    oooooh can I join this society please??
    I'm half Filipino and so proud of my roots, I've visited quite a few times, however I still feel fairly blind to the culture and I wish I felt a stronger affinity with the place. Filipinos are just so much friendlier than the English!

I can't speak Tagalog, but I did my A2 English language coursework on my Mum's Filipino accent and how she uses Taglish, it was so interesting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepy_person!)
    oooooh can I join this society please??
    I'm half Filipino and so proud of my roots, I've visited quite a few times, however I still feel fairly blind to the culture and I wish I felt a stronger affinity with the place. Filipinos are just so much friendlier than the English!

I can't speak Tagalog, but I did my A2 English language coursework on my Mum's Filipino accent and how she uses Taglish, it was so interesting!
    Hello and welcome
    I'm a halfie too... I assume the other half is english/white in general? TBH I think being half you never really have as strong a connection as you could have, but you still have a sense of pride.

Taglish is brilliant... I love to mimic filipino accents and if you heard me in a crowd (without seeing my face) you could mistake me for a proper filipina :p: Well, I like to think so!

ReputationRep:
    Ew, half-breeds. Shoo, shoo!

ReputationRep:
    says the half breed himself peace peace peace

*senses a fist flying towards me*

the more the merrier.. wellp, until mark gets ol though
    if you knew the language, trust me... it would be even more interesting. i mean, mixing english and the filipino language.. a lot of jokes come out from that especially when we intonate the pinoy accent.. man i love it

Taglish is brilliant... I love to mimic filipino accents and if you heard me in a crowd (without seeing my face) you could mistake me for a proper filipina Well, I like to think so!
    Great... when i get the chance to hear your accent i'd rate it LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar)
    When I went to philipines I saw my cousins having sex with each other
    OMG....:eek: are ya sure about that??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logan)
    says the half breed herself peace peace peace

*senses a fist flying towards me*

the more the merrier.. wellp, until mark gets ol though

if you knew the language, trust me... it would be even more interesting. i mean, mixing english and the filipino language.. a lot of jokes come out from that especially when we intonate the pinoy accent.. man i love it

Great... when i get the chance to hear your accent i'd rate it LOL
    I wish i knew the language then i could have proper conversations with my cousins!! I know quite a few phrases and am learning more cos i'm here in the Philippines.

ReputationRep:
    ooh cool emmz, where in the philippine are you now?

taglish is cool, i love speaking like that, LOL. so many new words can be formed everyday

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.