The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amizzle91
asdfghjkl why do I always overeat my calories when I DON'T exercise? :angry:

-___________-

SAME! You're not alone :h:

After exercise I'm in a more positive mood about not overrating
I haven't at all just subscribed to two different health & fitness magazines, pre-ordered the second issue of a new one and sent an email about where to find the first issue. Nope. Not me...

They're really motivating and I got my loan through today and I am finally out of my overdraft. :sigh:
I added you on Facebook by the way :biggrin:

Accepted! Will be nice to have some fellow healthy people on FB to keep me in check!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Accepted! Will be nice to have some fellow healthy people on FB to keep me in check!

Added you as well although I'm rarely on facebook though.

Hopefully I can also add some of you on here as well.
Original post by sauce
Just added you on facebook btw, L N :smile:

I added you on Facebook by the way :biggrin:

Also sent a friend request to both of you as well. (Well I think I did)
So eating wise was odd. I ate all the wrong things today, but not too much of it. But tomorrow will not eat anything bad and going Jiu Jitu. I've also lost a pound :awesome:
Day 2 of the 30 day shred.. and my shoulders/neck are in agony! I think there's something I'm not doing right haha. My legs are alright.. sore but bearable, just worried about my neck!

But in saying that, I've eaten way over my calories today! You know once I have one chocolate biscuit, I just think "I've just ****ed it all up today... I may aswell eat some more junk and then start again tomorrow" and this goes round and round.. and I dunno how to stop it haha! And it's not like I'm hungry either! I think it's just boredom..! Anyone else like this or just me ? :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Today started so well! I had porridge for breakfast and a salad for lunch, fruit for snacks. Then I ended up having a manic evening; got home from work and was straight out again until around 9.30, so ended up buying chips, followed by a dairy milk bar. Oh dear :redface:

Hopefully the fact it was a working day and I was on my feet and walking around a lot means it won't be too bad. Have a 9 mile run planned for tomorrow so going to make sure I keep the rest of the day healthy too!

On another note, didn't really lose a lot this week. Have kinda been hovering around 135-135.4 and was 134.8 today. I don't really know what to do to boost my weight loss again, I still have 9lbs to go! :s-smilie:
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
Today started so well! I had porridge for breakfast and a salad for lunch, fruit for snacks. Then I ended up having a manic evening; got home from work and was straight out again until around 9.30, so ended up buying chips, followed by a dairy milk bar. Oh dear :redface:

Hopefully the fact it was a working day and I was on my feet and walking around a lot means it won't be too bad. Have a 9 mile run planned for tomorrow so going to make sure I keep the rest of the day healthy too!

On another note, didn't really lose a lot this week. Have kinda been hovering around 135-135.4 and was 134.8 today. I don't really know what to do to boost my weight loss again, I still have 9lbs to go! :s-smilie:

When was the last time you lost weight?
Looking back at my food diary for yesterday, it's amazing what a difference swapping white crabs for wholegrain makes. Not only did I not have to eat as much to feel full, MFP also 'told me off' for going a bit over their RDA for fibre :rolleyes:

I do need to re-weigh myself because I'm pretty sure I gained weight over the past 3 week holidays but I'm too scared to. :colondollar:

I've also sent you a friend request. I'm SS.
Does anyone here use fitocracy? I've only just found out about it and the site is currently down for maintenance but from the wiki article on it, it looks really good.
I'm insanely posting again. :colondollar:

I just reserved a cheap barbell and dumbell set and a gym ball at Argos. I've got a few hours until it opens and then I can go and buy it. I won't lie, I am so not looking forward to lugging the weights home... I have an old granny shopping trolley I might take with me, but do you reckon a big suitcase might be easier?
Original post by Aemiliana
I've also sent you a friend request. I'm SS.

Accepted :-).

I've lost a pound!

So.. 90(!!!!!) down, 15 to go.

I've been horrendous this week, I don't know how it's happened.

Last night was as normal up until dinner, which was..

-Plate full of chippy chips with ketchup and brown sauce
-Activia yoghurt
-Bar of galaxy caramel
-Creme Egg
-Malteaster
-2 Lindor chocolates.

That's pretty representative of every night this week, due to trying to get rid of Easter chocolate. Yet I lose weight. Hmm.

Not complaining.
Accepted :-).

I've lost a pound!

So.. 90(!!!!!) down, 15 to go.

I've been horrendous this week, I don't know how it's happened.

Last night was as normal up until dinner, which was..

-Plate full of chippy chips with ketchup and brown sauce
-Activia yoghurt
-Bar of galaxy caramel
-Creme Egg
-Malteaster
-2 Lindor chocolates.

That's pretty representative of every night this week, due to trying to get rid of Easter chocolate. Yet I lose weight. Hmm.

Not complaining.

Well done! Haha, hey if it works, it works!
Original post by Aemiliana
Well done! Haha, hey if it works, it works!

I think it's my body's way of telling me I wasn't eating enough before! So I need to eat pretty much the calories I've been eating this week (and exercise as well of course) but obviously make them up from slightly healthier foods :biggrin:.
EDIT: Doesn't matter.
(edited 12 years ago)
EDIT: Doesn't matter.

It said it was down for maintenance earlier, so I think some parts of it are if that makes sense? Maybe try refreshing it and the logging in.
asdfghjkl why do I always overeat my calories when I DON'T exercise? :angry:

-___________-[/

I used to struggle with that when I had my MFP goal set up at 1200. It's quite tricky to stick to that low number when you're used to working out and having extra exercise calories to eat, so on non-gym days I'd always go over the 1200... and seeing the red numbers made me feel like I'd failed for the day, which led to my internal voice saying "Go onnnn... you've already ruined your day and there's no way you'll lose weight from this, so you may as well have some chocolate and sweets now" - which was totally messed up because this would happen even if I was only at 1300 calories (which is obviously still a deficit)! Is it the same kind of thing for you?

Now that my goal is 1800 every day (I just don't log exercise cals to eat back) I manage a lot better, and have been free from crazy, self-sabotating-binges for nearly two weeks now!
I think it's my body's way of telling me I wasn't eating enough before! So I need to eat pretty much the calories I've been eating this week (and exercise as well of course) but obviously make them up from slightly healthier foods :biggrin:.

I agree. Well done on your pound!
I think maybe you weren't immune to starvation mode at all... and it was starting to creep up on you :wink: but now that you've upped your cals a bit you're seeing big losses again - hooray! :smile:

Latest