The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Goose
If you want to be Gemma's stalker... you're going to have to take a number...

Of all the stalkers I've had in my time (my phone keeps correcting that to staplers.. Why?!) you lot are the best :biggrin:.
Original post by sauce

LOL! Who's the neg repper in our thread :angry: Well, have 6 points(yay finally someone I can rep) to balance it out a bit :h:

Aw thank you! :hugs:
I'm considering dropping my calories down to 1200 again. I upped to 1400 when I plateaued, and lost another 5lbs or so, but seem to be slowing again and haven't lost for 2 weeks now.

Will dropping to 1200 again be a good idea?
Reply 3283
Find it so annoying sometimes that the majority of my friends are skinny yet eat so so much more than me! Literally to the point where they'll end up having two dinners or something like that! Grrrr.

Brunch: sausage, rasher of bacon, 2 eggs, 2 hash browns, 2 mini pancakes, banana
Afternoon: slice of toast with light philadelphia, banana, apple, M&S chocolate mini bite
Dinner: tomato and basil soup with a roll, fruit crumble
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
I'm considering dropping my calories down to 1200 again. I upped to 1400 when I plateaued, and lost another 5lbs or so, but seem to be slowing again and haven't lost for 2 weeks now.

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
You'll be starting you're bodies starvation mindset. Keep it at 1400 but drop carbs and up exercise wherever possible.

If you're still not losing weight then you have to be at you're bodies healthy weight :smile:

When I hit 10,7 two years ago I had an anorexic mindset. I dropped to 600 calories a day with 2 hours at the gym (cardio) every day. I didn't lose a pound for two weeks but mentally and physically I was ruined. I then put twice as much weight on twice as fast (now 15,13)

Maybe it's time to concentrate on keeping a healthy weight :smile:
Original post by PinkyPurply
No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!
You'll be starting you're bodies starvation mindset. Keep it at 1400 but drop carbs and up exercise wherever possible.

If you're still not losing weight then you have to be at you're bodies healthy weight :smile:

When I hit 10,7 two years ago I had an anorexic mindset. I dropped to 600 calories a day with 2 hours at the gym (cardio) every day. I didn't lose a pound for two weeks but mentally and physically I was ruined. I then put twice as much weight on twice as fast (now 15,13)

Maybe it's time to concentrate on keeping a healthy weight :smile:

Really? It worked at 1200 before! It's just the last few lbs I need to get rid of :frown:

Maybe I'll try upping the exercise first. I'm definitely not at optimal weight!
Really? It worked at 1200 before! It's just the last few lbs I need to get rid of :frown:

Maybe I'll try upping the exercise first. I'm definitely not at optimal weight!

Would you mind if I asked what weight you are currently at, and what your goal is :smile:
Would you mind if I asked what weight you are currently at, and what your goal is :smile:

I'm currently 130-131lbs and aiming for 125. I'm only 5ft 2/3 you see!
I'm currently 130-131lbs and aiming for 125. I'm only 5ft 2/3 you see!

I would stick with 1400 for another week or two.
But that's just my opinion, I didn't put on 5 and a half stone because of my sound nutritional knowhow :biggrin:
I would stick with 1400 for another week or two.
But that's just my opinion, I didn't put on 5 and a half stone because of my sound nutritional knowhow :biggrin:

I'm going to be exercising a bit more compared to the last week or 2 anyway so I'll see how it goes! Just want the last 5lbs to go already :rolleyes:

Cheers for the input! :smile:
I'm going to be exercising a bit more compared to the last week or 2 anyway so I'll see how it goes! Just want the last 5lbs to go already :rolleyes:

Cheers for the input! :smile:

My pleasure :smile:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I think I'm going into starvation mode. I've had 4 days of eating about 500 calories per day and I'm still in a plateau. Actually I was 9 stone 12lbs 6oz at my lowest, and I've gone up a tad to 9 stone 13lbs exactly as of this morning.

I'm not doing it deliberately though - I'm really poorly, I've not had a cold this bad in about the past decade, which is saying something considering I pick up at least 6-8 colds a year thanks to the kids. But this is just ridiculous. I have gone through 200 tissues in less than 24 hours.
Needless to say I haven't got much of an appetite.

I'm ordering a calzone tonight to share with hubby to see if I can force a bit into me and kick start my metabolism a bit. I'm not hungry (only had 272 calories today so far in the form of 2 asparagus cuppa soups) and to be honest I can barely smell anything anyway, so that sort of defeats the whole point of eating anyway as I can't taste much, but I don't suppose I'm going to shake this cold (OR lose weight) if I don't get some calories into me for energy.

meh

Unfortunately because you are unwell its difficult to say whether or not you are in starvation mode. If you recover and then you go for an extra 2 weeks without losing anything then I would say you are in starvation mode. The only way to break out of it is to increase you calorie intake and see what happens for the next few weeks.

PinkyPurply's advice is right stick to 1400 calories. In fact I think you need to increase it a bit more to 1600 calories especially as you exercise a lot too. unfortunately because its the last few pounds and your body is already at a very healthy weight its gonna take a really long time to get rid of the last few pounds so patience is key
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
2lbs gone since last weigh in..

12lbs to go!

Getting so close it's SCARY.

Well done on the weight loss though. Getting closer and closer to the 100lb mark and soon you can eat more and maintain as well
thanks ladies for the advice. Well I ate half a calzone and some chips with cheese, and I feel like the most bloated oaf ever. I dunno how many calories that was, but I'm sure it was a lot. I'll be honest, I haven't the faintest idea how I managed to eat it! Not going on the scales tomorrow, I have no doubt I'll see a 10 there and I don't want to.
Still feeling full of cold. Ugh it's awful. Now I've gone through a box of 100 tissues (which I tore each one in half, so 200 tissues), 3 toilet rolls, and an entire roll of kitchen roll. In desperation I've just had to sneeze into some baby wipes.
Posting this again because I'm not sure if anyone saw it :colone:

I'm cooking dinner tomorrow night (for three) does anyone have any suggestions for tasty high protein / low carb meals I could do? Fat isn't an issue but I definitely don't want to do pasta as I always eat too much. If it is relatively easy that would also be awesome Currently thinking of doing fajitas / enchiladas but it's a bit of a go to recipe and I wanted to try something new... Thanks!! :biggrin:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
thanks ladies for the advice. Well I ate half a calzone and some chips with cheese, and I feel like the most bloated oaf ever. I dunno how many calories that was, but I'm sure it was a lot. I'll be honest, I haven't the faintest idea how I managed to eat it! Not going on the scales tomorrow, I have no doubt I'll see a 10 there and I don't want to.
Still feeling full of cold. Ugh it's awful. Now I've gone through a box of 100 tissues (which I tore each one in half, so 200 tissues), 3 toilet rolls, and an entire roll of kitchen roll. In desperation I've just had to sneeze into some baby wipes.

Yeah I think it may be best not to weigh yourself until a couple of days after you have recovered from your cold. Hope you get well soon

Original post by phiddy23
Posting this again because I'm not sure if anyone saw it :colone:

I'm cooking dinner tomorrow night (for three) does anyone have any suggestions for tasty high protein / low carb meals I could do? Fat isn't an issue but I definitely don't want to do pasta as I always eat too much. If it is relatively easy that would also be awesome Currently thinking of doing fajitas / enchiladas but it's a bit of a go to recipe and I wanted to try something new... Thanks!! :biggrin:

Maybe roast a whole chicken ?????
I have my first driving lesson in 3 years today :biggrin:. Will be interesting.. my Dad's just qualified to be a driving instructor so hi free lessons! But he asked me last night whether I thought I'd have to go back to the beginning and I was like.. well if you value your car it's probably for the best! Haha.
Reply 3297
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I have my first driving lesson in 3 years today :biggrin:. Will be interesting.. my Dad's just qualified to be a driving instructor so hi free lessons! But he asked me last night whether I thought I'd have to go back to the beginning and I was like.. well if you value your car it's probably for the best! Haha.

Driving is the best thing ever, I can't wait to have a car again and get back on the road.
Original post by sauce
Driving is the best thing ever, I can't wait to have a car again and get back on the road.

I know it's fab! Almost finished 3 years back but went off to uni and never got round to getting there. Just had a two hour lesson now and it went well. Didn't stall at least!
Lost half a pound. Okay considering that I was eating bad this week. I plan to try and loose a pound and a half

Latest