The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chrisateen
Wow you've lost a lot from your waist. In fact I was looking at your sig properly for the first time and I didn't notice that you have lost soo much weight so well done to you. Also I notice you are planing to lose a whole person. You must feel proud for what you have achieved so far. (Pic update would be nice too :puppyeyes:

Yeah I was pretty shocked at how much I've lost from my waist! I am pleased with what I've lost, never thought I'd get here to be honest... definitely was heading for a gastric band by 30 if I'd have kept going :s-smilie:

Ooh yeah, I think I will do another pic comparison tomorrow :smile: I'll quote you so you can see :biggrin: x
Reply 421
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36439394']Exactly how I feel right now. Yes, I've had a rubbish weekend eating wise, but I refuse to beat myself up about it because this is how life works - it's SO hard to eat healthy all the time, and we all deserve a bit of a break now and then.

Good luck with the marathon training :smile: I really need to start running more often - I've been being ultra careful because of my knee, but I really want to get back into before the eather gets too warm (I struggle way more when it's hot). I'm planning to get up at 7.30 on Tuesday to fit in a run before a day-long library session :smile:.

Yeh exactly...I found myself deliberating for an hour the other day over whether or not I could allow myself a pitta bread...thats no way to live your life! :p: I'm so much healthier than I used to be and getting so so much fitter...its a long term thing and if I'm not losing weight every week so be it...I know I'm healthier and getting fitter :biggrin:

My goal was 11 stone but I think I might aim for 11 and a half instead...I don't want to look too skinny and would rather slowly turn this fat into muscle than lose it all and spend time building muscle...it'll work out :smile:

Yeh as the evenings are getting lighter I need to get off my ass and get out there...I'm a bit apprehensive about running through the lanes on my own but I'm sure I'll be ok...I have a rape alarm somewhere which I should take with me (just as something to deter!)

According to my brother the best time to avoid dodgy people will be the mornings :p: I thought about getting on the treadmill in the gym instead...but I know its nothing like running outside...I don't want to get into the trap of being comfortable on there and struggling outside!! Getting seriously motivated for the marathon now...if someone said while I was 16 and a half stone I'd enter a half marathon I would have laughed in their face! :p:
I'm finding it so hard to have any sort of self-control when it comes to food, today I ate 4 pieces of buttered toast on top of my dinner (which incidentally, also included more bread) and all of the snacking I'd done in the half-four leading up to dinner. My appetite is becoming absolutely ridiculous, I feel like I'm binge-eating all of the time and it makes me feel a bit rubbish :frown:

Anyway, all of this has caused me to put on a kilo or two..okay, I think about 3/3.5 kilos over about 5 weeks. And some of my clothes are becoming distinctly uncomfortable. Any tips on how to stop yourself reaching for seconds/thirds/fourths?
Original post by amizzle91
Yeah I was pretty shocked at how much I've lost from my waist! I am pleased with what I've lost, never thought I'd get here to be honest... definitely was heading for a gastric band by 30 if I'd have kept going :s-smilie:

Ooh yeah, I think I will do another pic comparison tomorrow :smile: I'll quote you so you can see :biggrin: x

Look forward to seeing it :biggrin:

Original post by blahhh
Yeh exactly...I found myself deliberating for an hour the other day over whether or not I could allow myself a pitta bread...thats no way to live your life! :p: I'm so much healthier than I used to be and getting so so much fitter...its a long term thing and if I'm not losing weight every week so be it...I know I'm healthier and getting fitter :biggrin:

My goal was 11 stone but I think I might aim for 11 and a half instead...I don't want to look too skinny and would rather slowly turn this fat into muscle than lose it all and spend time building muscle...it'll work out :smile:

Yeh as the evenings are getting lighter I need to get off my ass and get out there...I'm a bit apprehensive about running through the lanes on my own but I'm sure I'll be ok...I have a rape alarm somewhere which I should take with me (just as something to deter!)

According to my brother the best time to avoid dodgy people will be the mornings :p: I thought about getting on the treadmill in the gym instead...but I know its nothing like running outside...I don't want to get into the trap of being comfortable on there and struggling outside!! Getting seriously motivated for the marathon now...if someone said while I was 16 and a half stone I'd enter a half marathon I would have laughed in their face! :p:

Same here about the half marathon. When I was fat I couldn't even run 3 minutes and thought that its impossible to run for more than 20mins. Now I made doing a half-marathon this year a new year resolution.

Also 11st to 11st 7 is a good goal for us tall women. I felt I was quite slim and could stop at 11st 7 so I'm sure it would be a good goal for you too. However 11st is not a bad goal either (although my mum thinks I'm too skinny now :rolleyes:)
Reply 424
Look forward to seeing it :biggrin:

Same here about the half marathon. When I was fat I couldn't even run 3 minutes and thought that its impossible to run for more than 20mins. Now I made doing a half-marathon this year a new year resolution.

Also 11st to 11st 7 is a good goal for us tall women. I felt I was quite slim and could stop at 11st 7 so I'm sure it would be a good goal for you too. However 11st is not a bad goal either (although my mum thinks I'm too skinny now :rolleyes:)

Do you know which one youre going to do yet? :smile:

Im not sure...think I'll just see how it goes...Im taking the numbers on the scales just as numbers for now....at the end of the day they say nothing for your muscles or body tone...its not my actual size I don't like...its the wobble! its seen on pics people have posted previously...can't find any right now...where people weigh more in a second picture and yet look slimmer due to the muscle they've gained and fat they've lost...I wanna concentrate on building that muscle, not just losing the fat! on my 1200 net right now I just feel Im losing fat and not replacing it....I need to read into it more I think :smile:
Weighed in as usual this morning, despite promising that I wouldn't. Why do I have no self control when it comes to scales! Anyway, STS. INCREDIBLY lucky after the week I've had, but I'm hoping it'll serve as a spike week and then shed a couple of pounds without a problem now.

4 pounds to go until I'm a "normal" BMI, and I would love to be able to get that done before Easter, and then lose a little more as well as I may be tempted with eggs over Easter..
I've lost 2lbs! :woo: At first I didn't feel like I deserved it, but then I have been very poor this week so have been eating mostly my own food and much less chocolate (the last two days have been exceptions :colondollar:) and I've been so busy. Pretty pleased, hopefully I'll go to the gym this afternoon after uni. I might treat myself to something from the morrisons salad bar for lunch today. :biggrin:
Original post by Aemiliana
I've lost 2lbs! :woo: At first I didn't feel like I deserved it, but then I have been very poor this week so have been eating mostly my own food and much less chocolate (the last two days have been exceptions :colondollar:) and I've been so busy. Pretty pleased, hopefully I'll go to the gym this afternoon after uni. I might treat myself to something from the morrisons salad bar for lunch today. :biggrin:

Well done, that's fantastic!

I am so, so determined to have a good loss this week. Just been for a walk to the library with my Mum which took us 40 minutes, so better than nothing.

Got a 3,000 word assignment to do today, which means I will probably choose to do lots of exercise instead (I'd do anything to stop me from having to write this stupid thing.. just totally not in the mood for it at all).

:biggrin:.
Reply 428
So last week was really good for me. I stuck to my 1200 calories religiously everyday and exercised four days. Hopped on the scales this morning and i've GAINED pound. :frown: In our house last week, my mum bought new york cheesecake, danish pastries, multipack maltesers, crunchies, french fancies, viennese whirls, mars bars, rocky road squares bars, victoria slices and walkers crisps - not to mention the kfc that they bought home the other day. I managed to be in the same house as all this junk and not even touch a single morsel of it for an entire week...only to gain a pound. It's just annoying that I haven't had a sweet treat or even a sip of diet coke - all for nothing. My sister said maybe it's because I don't eat exercise calories back but if that was the case surely I would've just stayed the same?? Needless to say I'm feeling demotivated (despite having just got back from the gym I suppose!) as well as being swamped with deadlines. I know it's not the end of the world because these things happen but it was a little unexpected!
Reply 429
Man my hips hurt from running yesterday, I must run like a right idiot :p:

Booked spinning for tonight :biggrin: Determined to be extra good the next few weeks and hit normal *hopefully* by my halfway dinner on the 5th of March :biggrin:
Did a little bit of running for the first time in a while today - not a huge amount at all, but enough for me to feel like my lungs were about to explode :p:

Now stuck writing an assignment, keep going and looking in the cupboards, getting nothing, and sitting back down again just to avoid doing this essay :p:
Reply 431
Original post by amizzle91
Did a little bit of running for the first time in a while today - not a huge amount at all, but enough for me to feel like my lungs were about to explode :p:

Now stuck writing an assignment, keep going and looking in the cupboards, getting nothing, and sitting back down again just to avoid doing this essay :p:

Well done :biggrin: its surprising how quickly your body adapts...I can do the first half mile with ease now (used to want to curl up and pass out :p:) just need to get to the same level with the last half mile and start going longer! :smile:
Nice to hear from you again :biggrin:. Have you manage to gain some weight so far?

Hey. :smile: Yeh, checked my weight and gained 2 lbs equating to 1lb a week, arghh. Really wanted it to be only 1lb but I think I know where I went wrong in my nutrition. It was forgetting to account for the milk in my protein shakes, which is around 250cals a day so adding that to the additional 250cals, that makes it around 3500 additional calories. I think I'm going to start using myfitnesspal again as that way I know exactly what I'm intaking. Plus those 3 days of bad choices in terms of food played a huge part too. Not entirely my fault due to lack of stuff at home, but could have made better choices and i know it. But today going food shopping after work, so will be able to get a load of protein rich stuff. Not getting cottage cheese again as I was literally about to vomit after having some. Yuck.

How are you? You thinking of starting soon?
Went home from uni from the weekend and weighed 10st 6, which was a bit of a shock as I thought I was around the 10 stone, high end of 9 stone mark. know, it's time to do something about it again and stop it now. Problem is I'm at catered accomdation at uni, so have my evening meal provided meaning I can't really control my calories as much as I'd like ; only for breakfast and dinner. Giving up alcohol for lent, and takeaways (In the middle of the night usually after coming back from a night out.) I think the real thing will be more excersize , what can people reccomend that burns a lot of calories? Optimistically I'd like to see a change by easter after not having any booze, but I think the real goal is June as I'm going on holiday with my boyfriend for the first time abroad and would like to have a nicer beach body.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Well done, that's fantastic!I am so, so determined to have a good loss this week. Just been for a walk to the library with my Mum which took us 40 minutes, so better than nothing. Got a 3,000 word assignment to do today, which means I will probably choose to do lots of exercise instead (I'd do anything to stop me from having to write this stupid thing.. just totally not in the mood for it at all).:biggrin:.

Thanks! You'll manage it, you've done so well so far! :yep:

---

The SU shop have Nakd bars on £1 for 2, so I bought 4 (I wanted to try them all!). They seem to sort of work for nipping a craving in the bud and are really filling, so I might stock up. However, I got home and I'm missing one. :sad: I'm far more sad about this than I should be!
Original post by Aemiliana
Thanks! You'll manage it, you've done so well so far! :yep:

---

The SU shop have Nakd bars on £1 for 2, so I bought 4 (I wanted to try them all!). They seem to sort of work for nipping a craving in the bud and are really filling, so I might stock up. However, I got home and I'm missing one. :sad: I'm far more sad about this than I should be!

:sad: I would be sad too! Nakd bars are awesome :biggrin: At some point, I'm going to treat myself to one of their gift boxes when I have money...
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36446631']:sad: I would be sad too! Nakd bars are awesome :biggrin: At some point, I'm going to treat myself to one of their gift boxes when I have money...

It was someone on MFP posting about them that persuaded me to buy them! They're not quite a chocolate bar or whatever but they sure as hell are more filling!

I won't lie, I am tempted to get one of those as well...

I could run back to the shop and get some more but do I really need to eat more than three today? Nope! I am going to have to hide these other two though haha.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36446631']:sad: I would be sad too! Nakd bars are awesome :biggrin: At some point, I'm going to treat myself to one of their [URL="http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/store/mixed-and-gift-boxes/default.aspx"]gift boxes when I have money...

Aaah, I've been eyeing up the 'Uber Trek & Nakd Prezzie Box' for months now! Haven't allowed myself to buy it yet though because I am stupidly skint at the moment!
If you are thinking of buying anything from the site, though, use this link http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/zest and you'll get 20% off your order :wink:
Reply 438
Having a bit of a bad day, and all I want to to is eat and eat and eat :frown: Got chicken with vegetable cous cous for tea, though. Hopefully I'll stop there, and not eat crisps and bisuits which I really want right now!
Original post by marmalady
Aaah, I've been eyeing up the 'Uber Trek & Nakd Prezzie Box' for months now! Haven't allowed myself to buy it yet though because I am stupidly skint at the moment!
If you are thinking of buying anything from the site, though, use this link http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/zest and you'll get 20% off your order :wink:

Ooooh, magic, thanks :biggrin: I was looking at the Uber Trek/Nakd box too :smile: If I don't get if before Easter, I might ask my mum if I could have one instead of an easter egg...

-----

I really need to get myself sorted out - every Monday after pole, I end up feeling too tired to cook, and grabbing a ready meal on the way home. I don't get anything really unhealthy, but I know that I could make something similar from scratch, for less money, and with less salt/addatives :s-smilie: I need to start cooking before hand, so all I have to do is heat something up when I get in.

Latest