Turn on thread page Beta

Fancy dress watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At my uni (Leeds) we have a constant barrage of fancy dress pub crawls (Otley Runs)..

Got one at end of March (just before Easter holidays) and the theme is TV nostalgia.. e.g. children's TV from when we were kids..

any ideas? e.g. something easily made/purchased.. (money not a prob within reason!) want it to be easily recognisable too!

ReputationRep:
    my friend hired a dougle costume (it was excellent!)

ReputationRep:
    Either:

Get a friend of the opposite sex and go as Rosie and Jim or

Go as Neil Buchanan - easy to do get a red sweatshirt, a pair of jeans some white trainers and walk around all night saying this is an art attack, this is an art attack this is art attack. go one further and get a friend to dress up as or make a hand puppet of the head!

just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman)
    Either:

Get a friend of the opposite sex and go as Rosie and Jim or

Go as Neil Buchanan - easy to do get a red sweatshirt, a pair of jeans some white trainers and walk around all night saying this is an art attack, this is an art attack this is art attack. go one further and get a friend to dress up as or make a hand puppet of the head!

just a thought.
    loving this.. have a red jumper.. or could get a sweatshirt.. would it be possible to put the logo on the sweatshirt temporarily.. or if not permanently.. (if i bought a separate sweatshirt..)

ReputationRep:
    i dont know.

What you could try is getting the art attack logo off google or something. Then print it out on a tshirt transfer paper thing, does such thing exist? i thought i remembered hearing about such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can buy it in whsmith in packs of 5!

ReputationRep:
    Ghost Busters or Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles... both quite easy to do and pretty good if you get a few of you together

ReputationRep:
    the raggy dolls! remember them?

or that guy from 'penny crayon' ... cartoon man

what about someone from rainbow!?

ReputationRep:
    Go as a womble or one of those things from fraggle rock or just wear a school uniform and go as a character form Grange Hill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shewantstobeme)

or that guy from 'penny crayon' ... cartoon man

what about someone from rainbow!?
    Go as Zippy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shewantstobeme)
    Saw your limbs off beforehand, and you could be Lucy from the Raggy Dolls! Might hurt a bit, though.

How about... Humphrey, from Playdays. (The flat waiter person in the Tent stop.) You'd need a stripy jumper and a moustache...

ReputationRep:
    going in town for friends 18th in ann summers gear OH DEAR LORD! she doesnt understand its only just going to be march and FREEZING! and its compulsary

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.