Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To technical support:

Eighteen months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble.

However, there are apparent conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other application, i.e. Lads Night Out 3.1, Football 3pm and Playboy 6.9. And successive versions of Girlfriend proved no better. A shareware program, Party Girl 2.1, which I tried, had lots of bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems discovered each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I then upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSex Plus and CleanHouse 2004.

Shortly after this upgrade, however I found that Wife 1.0 can be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0’s memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them.

Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and e-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and WhingeExcel. These latter products have no Help files and I have to try and guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and HairStyle Express, which needs to be reinstalled every other week.

Wife 1.0 also spawns unwelcome child processes that drain my resources.

These conflict with some of the new games that I wanted to try out, warning me that they are an illegal operation.

Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT hard drive, it frequently crashes.

Wife 1.0 also comes with a rather annoying pop-up called Mother-in-Law, which cannot be turned off.

Recently, I’ve been tempted to install Mistress 2004 but there could be problems.

A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2004, it tends to delete all Money files before uninstalling itself.

Please advise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    To technical support:

Eighteen months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble.

However, there are apparent conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other application, i.e. Lads Night Out 3.1, Football 3pm and Playboy 6.9. And successive versions of Girlfriend proved no better. A shareware program, Party Girl 2.1, which I tried, had lots of bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems discovered each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I then upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSex Plus and CleanHouse 2004.

Shortly after this upgrade, however I found that Wife 1.0 can be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0’s memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them.

Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and e-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and WhingeExcel. These latter products have no Help files and I have to try and guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and HairStyle Express, which needs to be reinstalled every other week.

Wife 1.0 also spawns unwelcome child processes that drain my resources.

These conflict with some of the new games that I wanted to try out, warning me that they are an illegal operation.

Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT hard drive, it frequently crashes.

Wife 1.0 also comes with a rather annoying pop-up called Mother-in-Law, which cannot be turned off.

Recently, I’ve been tempted to install Mistress 2004 but there could be problems.

A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2004, it tends to delete all Money files before uninstalling itself.

Please advise.
    what shuld we advise about, u said it all !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    what shuld we advise about, u said it all !!!
    Please, for the love of God, don't quote the whole article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Please, for the love of God, don't quote the whole article.
    You tell 'em 2776!

ReputationRep:
    Very good!

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! Ever heard of DivorceManager 2004? That should do the trick...

ReputationRep:
    good cut/paste job

ReputationRep:
    Didn't somebody else already do this? Ages ago?

ReputationRep:
    I think this is an new upgraded version of the thread you are thinking about, the coding of the thread is slightly different, although there are many similarities

ReputationRep:
    nicely put. good job.

ReputationRep:
    have you tried installing a patch for Tek XP. i hear it fixes a couple of vunerabilites that kan be exploited using programs such as wife and mistress.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.