Pessimists Watch

Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by joeybee)
haha your exam results will be fine. Well either that or they will be ****e, but you can always resit, that's the best thing about exams, you can always have another go.
Have to say though when you need specific results to get into uni, it does seem a hell of a lot more stressful, i can't wait till august 19th, just so i can know what i am doing this september.
I guess but I don't really want to resit :s: I mean that means double the pressure- since I'll be busy with A2
Argh!
asiangcfan
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Your lives are not going to get any better if u r pessimists... Eventhough being optimistic does not make u suceed in everything... it motivates u and u actually have an objective or dream to achieve.. but again it's your choice to be pessimists or not .. but if u r ... u r making other peoples lives and yours dim, doomed and dull ... (ooo alliteration)
aiman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I guess but I don't really want to resit I mean that means double the pressure- since I'll be busy with A2
Argh!
A2 is hilariously easy (except for Maths and you're no doing that)
joeybee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Neo~)
I guess but I don't really want to resit :s: I mean that means double the pressure- since I'll be busy with A2
Argh!
that is true. well i hope you don't have to worry about it and that you'll be fine. Good luck!
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
A2 is hilariously easy (except for Maths and you're no doing that)
that's *******s, A2's are harder, much harder, hence them being a step up from as's. Obviously it depends on your abilities and the subjects you are doing. but A-levels are hard, most teachers will admit that A-levels are actually the hardest exams you'll ever have to do, purely due to the style, and fact that they are externally marked.
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
that's *******s, A2's are harder, much harder, hence them being a step up from as's. Obviously it depends on your abilities and the subjects you are doing. but A-levels are hard, most teachers will admit that A-levels are actually the hardest exams you'll ever have to do, purely due to the style, and fact that they are externally marked.
I don't know, but for me personally, after doing both AS and A2, I found the latter to be hilarious in comparsion with AS. To get an 'A' at A2 is much easier than at AS (except in Maths). To your second statement, I doubt it. I've taken harder exams already.
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmmm, well like i said different for different people, i personally found it the other way around, as levels were piss easy, but the A2's were really tough.

Alevel exams apparently are so hard because you need to have a broad and in depth knowledge. The actual knowledge you know for degrees etc, is more in depth, it is more difficult, but the style of the exams is such that they are easier in a way to revise for, to pass. i mean i don't know, im only going off what lots of my tutors and some friends have said. As with anything, i think it's just a case of personal issues, ability and time management.
conservativebohemian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by joeybee)
that is true. well i hope you don't have to worry about it and that you'll be fine. Good luck!
Hello, 'pessimists society'?
jamaica
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maths A2 wasnt that bad.....i hate stats tho........like how much does statistics depress everyone else?
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maths A2 wasnt that bad.....i hate stats tho........like how much does statistics depress everyone else?
Nah, I find Pure Maths 3 depressing
mz_rebel
Report 12 years ago
lol decisision 1 in maths last year depresed me so much i quit just before the summer exams. i join today.
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My first post on this thread... I have my driving test at 9am tomorrow and I know I'm going to fail. I had a last minute lesson today and I made so many mistakes...
hidiehide
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by asiangcfan)
Your lives are not going to get any better if u r pessimists... Eventhough being optimistic does not make u suceed in everything... it motivates u and u actually have an objective or dream to achieve.. but again it's your choice to be pessimists or not .. but if u r ... u r making other peoples lives and yours dim, doomed and dull ... (ooo alliteration)
I think it is not a matter of choice, like, hmmm I wonder what shoes to wear today.

A pessimist, as I see it, is a person well prepared for bad news. Sometimes he/she gets a happy surprise, though. I think of myself as a realist, although my friends call me pessimistic.
littlemissalex
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the glass is half EMPTY people!! I categorise what people think is pessimism, as being realistic. Why kid yourself that you're better or make yourself believe you can do something when you cant? You're only in for a big disappointment. So if u think badly, then u can be pleasantly surprised if it works out better than expected! thats how i see it!
suneilr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hidiehide)
I think it is not a matter of choice, like, hmmm I wonder what shoes to wear today.

A pessimist, as I see it, is a person well prepared for bad news. Sometimes he/she gets a happy surprise, though. I think of myself as a realist, although my friends call me pessimistic.
:ditto: Pessimism is realism. Life does suck. Its best to be prepared for it IMO.
NViasko
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At first I thought this was an anti-pessimist thread :eek:
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you're a pessimist, then you don't get disappointed when life stabs you in the back. When it doesn't, then you're happily surprised. It's a better deal all round!
SaBzY
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:top: life is just BRILLIANT ey guys?? :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (1)
20%
Pro-humanity (4)
80%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise