Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    plz discuss i think it can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    plz discuss i think it can
    You can't revise for IQ Tests.

Maybe practising IQ Tests would help a bit.

ReputationRep:
    If you take revision as in practising questions, mathematical nature, and of the linguistic nature. Whilst adding a sprinkling of IQ tests, then yes it can.

By leaving your brain to ruminate, its IQ would diminish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    You can't revise for IQ Tests.

Maybe practising IQ Tests would help a bit.
    i know u cant im sayin can revision in make ure level of iq higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    i know u cant im sayin can revision in make ure level of iq higher
    Yes i think it can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt the cat)
    Yes i think it can
    i agree it can almost definatelt. It is estimated that 50% of a average persons IQ is due to the enviroment although there are notable exceptions. Thus the harder one works the more stimulation our brains recieve and thus the more information that is retained contributing to a persons iq score.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i think it can
    It can but the test is on basic knowledge like everyday stuff and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    which can be learnt......im sure!

ReputationRep:
    Although theoretically it should not, isn't iq supposed to be a test independant of general knowlege?

ReputationRep:
    Although theoretically it should not, isn't iq supposed to be a test independant of general knowlege?
    supposed yes......but in reality, i don't think so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    which can be learnt......im sure!
    To some extent, yes...

ReputationRep:
    and how does anybody acquire this 'general knowledge'.......through learning it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    and how does anybody acquire this 'general knowledge'.......through learning it!
    Don't know you just have to get out more or something.

ReputationRep:
    IQ's arn't always the best measure of intelligance. People who have more practice at doing IQ tests will on average score higher than someone who is taking an IQ test for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Like counting?

ReputationRep:
    Revision only improves knowledge. To improve your IQ, you best bet would be to practise lots of IQ tests so that you know how it works and the type of logic needed to answer the questions. Or if you can't be bothered, just make sure your common sense is in working order.

Oh yea, one thing I should point out is that IQ tests are culture-biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Like counting?
    Don't know

ReputationRep:
    ive only done a couple of tests myself but i think an iq test is suposed to verify the complexity of subject you can understand and solve. and should require no prior knowledge. eg which one comes next in a set of patterns, you ability to spot differences between them all and figure out in what way there is a sequence to it. most of this is done in your head so in a way it can be a test for the capacity for your brains equivalent of RAM.

the only way to get better is to be smarter, sorry.

it may be possible through practice to increase the parts of the brain required to solve this type of question, in a similar way that taxi drivers develop the part of the brain used for finding places etc (well most of them anyway)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.