Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like Body Shop makeup. I've got one of their 4-in-1 eyeshadow cubes. I love the colours. Also have a make-up brush and I used to use their compact powder but I've run out....Got to replace it!

ReputationRep:
    Just a small note regarding the tea tree products here...The tea tree range is more suited towards those with really problematic skin, i.e a lot of acne, if you don't have really problematic skin then it can harm your skin and make it worse because it's quite harsh. You'd be better off with either Seaweed, Aloe Vera or Jojoba instead. Go in and look confused when you're around the skin care section or ask one of the staff and they should be able to give you a free skin consultation where they work out your skin type and try out the prodcuts on the back of your hand. It's worth it, because otherwise you'll just be damaging your skin! Also with facial scrubs, but most of you probably know this anyway, they should only be used once or twice a week. More than that and they'll dry your skin out.

And yes, I did used to work for the Body Shop, so I do [slightly] know what I'm on about!

ReputationRep:
    This thread just confirmed that I'll be buying body butter next time I'm near a Body Shop!

ReputationRep:
    I have the coconut hair shine which smells really nice :p:

and im after the coconut body butter, it smells so nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kobrakai)
    Just a small note regarding the tea tree products here...The tea tree range is more suited towards those with really problematic skin, i.e a lot of acne, if you don't have really problematic skin then it can harm your skin and make it worse because it's quite harsh. You'd be better off with either Seaweed, Aloe Vera or Jojoba instead. Go in and look confused when you're around the skin care section or ask one of the staff and they should be able to give you a free skin consultation where they work out your skin type and try out the prodcuts on the back of your hand. It's worth it, because otherwise you'll just be damaging your skin! Also with facial scrubs, but most of you probably know this anyway, they should only be used once or twice a week. More than that and they'll dry your skin out.

And yes, I did used to work for the Body Shop, so I do [slightly] know what I'm on about!
    Eek! Really? I don't really have any problems with my skin but i just found using the Tea tree range actually stops me having problems with my skin at all (i used i have a few spots here n there...)...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    i got some t-zone products and i had a tiny little pimple so put tea tree oil on it and it made it worse and loads more pimples kept coming up so i just leave them now

ReputationRep:
    I love them, mainly because they don't test on animals. I love their lip jelly, although it's quite expensive it lasts for ages, and it tastes... I mean smells nice, lol.

I rarely wear make-up but I did buy a lipstick out of their ages ago, and it was o.k, but I chose a light purple, so I looked dead...... Not v. good look, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Crap and overpriced.. i mean, who NEEDS cucumber foot scrub? or mandarin sodding fanny spray?

Rip off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    Crap and overpriced.. i mean, who NEEDS cucumber foot scrub? or mandarin sodding fanny spray?

Rip off
    Yes.. who needs mascara or lip balm or any sort of beauty products anyway? They're all a rip off. ^o)

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.