The Student Room Group

City University Nursing Feb 2012 Intake

Hi, I Had My City Interview For Adult Nursing On Friday The 3rd Feb And They Said They Will Let Us Know The Outcome By Monday. Anyone Heard From Them ? Should I Be Worrying ):
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi

I have an interview in City University London in 29TH FEB for september 2012 intake.
...for child nursing

im really nervouse as i had been turned down from southampton and so far havent had any offers

please could you tell me about how the day went, what you did, any tips etc.

oh and i dont think you should worry about it, most unis take a while to reply

by the way it says in the website that after a maths and english test we have an aptidtude excersie and an ice breaker- what is that
and how many questions in each sections i.e. maths, english, aptitude etc.
Reply 2
Hi guys, I've been accepted to City University for the postgrad course in adult nursing. I went to my interview back in Jan and heard from them about 4 days later. I got a phone call and an email from them, which I thought was a nice touch! Asad89, have you heard back from them yet?

Farya, the ice breaker is pretty much a presentation given by the tutor so you get to know the uni. The trick is to ask lots of questions and banter a bit so they get to know you. With the tests, they give you a calculator and if you did GCSE maths you wont have any problems. I personally found the English test fine, but I notice you've made a few spelling and grammar mistakes in your above post, so unless of course that's just your shorthand internet typing, you may have a few difficulties there, however it is multiple choice! I understand where they are coming from with wanting to have people who fulfill the maths and literacy criteria, because you can imagine what mistakes could be made from incorrect sentences on a patients chart.
Reply 3
Original post by Asad89
Hi, I Had My City Interview For Adult Nursing On Friday The 3rd Feb And They Said They Will Let Us Know The Outcome By Monday. Anyone Heard From Them ? Should I Be Worrying ):

Hiya
Please when did u apply and hw did dey invite you for the interview? Email or post?

Tanx
Reply 4
Original post by Sovrov
Hi guys, I've been accepted to City University for the postgrad course in adult nursing. I went to my interview back in Jan and heard from them about 4 days later. I got a phone call and an email from them, which I thought was a nice touch! Asad89, have you heard back from them yet?

Farya, the ice breaker is pretty much a presentation given by the tutor so you get to know the uni. The trick is to ask lots of questions and banter a bit so they get to know you. With the tests, they give you a calculator and if you did GCSE maths you wont have any problems. I personally found the English test fine, but I notice you've made a few spelling and grammar mistakes in your above post, so unless of course that's just your shorthand internet typing, you may have a few difficulties there, however it is multiple choice! I understand where they are coming from with wanting to have people who fulfill the maths and literacy criteria, because you can imagine what mistakes could be made from incorrect sentences on a patients chart.

thank you soo much for ur reply
so for teh city interview, will we not have an individual interview or a group discussion.
in the afternoon session they said they will test our insight and undertsanding of nursing- but how? through group discussions/interview- they didnt say
oh thanks for the tip!

also how did you prepare for the interview, any tips on that
thanks.

x
Reply 5
Original post by Ideeva
Hiya
Please when did u apply and hw did dey invite you for the interview? Email or post?

Tanx

hey ideeva
i have a city interview too coming up on 29th feb, they will first email you and then send it through post
Reply 6
hey sovrov

what do they mean by the aptitude exercise?
Reply 7
what do you guys think of Kingston University for nursing?
i live in southampton and if i get into either kingston or city i will commute
do they think its not worth it/
i cant live away from home but also really want to go to london to study
i love london
what do u guys think/
it will take about 2hrs on train
then i would probably take a bus as well or walk to uni
Reply 8
Original post by farya
i love london
what do u guys think/

Kingston's pretty good, although quite far from central London!

how will you be able to commute on the train for a 6:45 start on placement? Trains don't run that early so you might have a problem there! And what about when you work a Late / Long day 9pm finish then Early ? Remember some uni's will have you in 4.5 days a week for lectures too!
Reply 9
Original post by farya
i love london
what do u guys think/

It's going to be an expensive commute! As for placements, you would have to leave your house at like 4.30am to make a 7am shift start, and your placements might not be in Kingston.
Hey,

Ive applied for the pgdip too and have an interview next week.

How did yours go??

Im worried about the afternoon session as the info is very limited e.g. what does the aptitude test consist of?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
:smile:
Reply 11
Which branch did you apply for?
Hi,

Ive applied for the adult nursing branch!
Does city ever take applicants who do not have 300 ucas points?
Reply 14
Hi everyone!

I've ben invited to a selection day at City University tomorrow at 11am!! I've applied for Child Nursing and really hope to be accepted.

So I was hoping you might be able to tell me how your interviews / selection days went and any things specifically about City assessors that I should know!

Thanks so much
Melanie
Reply 15
Hi mmburgos,
I have been invited to attend a selection day at City in order to do the maths and english test, which i am really worried about. So could you please let me know how you got on and the tests consist of.
Reply 16
hi mzahra16, when did you apply to ucas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending