If you ruled a country... Watch

legbreakgoogly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Say you ruled a hypothetical state, how would you govern it?

It it be a democracy?

Would there be unfettered elections?

Assume it was a state of C. 20 m people and of medium per capita income of $7000.

National military service?

Ect.

Personally I'd have a system whereby the King/Emperor/Chief Executive runs the place with the assistance of a council of scholars to advise him on key issues.

There would be elections to a small parliament, with stringent conditions to determine who gets the vote. Being a graduate would be a must.

Military service would be optional, but all schools would have to teach basic training.

The right to possess arms would be enshrined.

Freedom of debate within civilized parameters would exist, but the state would operate a media organization. PBS like.

The majority religion would be enshrined into constitutional laws as a guide.

Freemarket economics par se, small state sector for vital industries and the least able.

How would you guys run your states.
ArthurOliver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is that US dollars or the strange "dollars" that people who talk like you conduct business in - GBPoundsSterling? ho ho...

Seriously bro, it be a serious point, I aks fo' real.

btw, what does "esse" mean?
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
$7000 USD.

You should know what esse means. Vatos.
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Complete anarchy resulting in a Mad Max post-apocalyptic desert. And I'm Max. He is cool.
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why do you assume i'd let anyone else live in my country? you can pay me tax then **** off elsewhere.
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would rule decree and shout "EVERYONE MUST NOW LIVE IN THE SEA".

Whole country to myself. Problem solved.
Zakaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
- Fascist state.
- National service for both men and women aged 18 years (choice of military or civil).
- decent military and nuclear powers
- Death penalty for murderers, paedophiles and terrorists.
- prisoners forced to work, not just sit about all day
- decent immigration laws
- state controlled media
- Christian/Atheist
- white
- communism banned
- homosexuality banned
- muslims banned
- state flag and mascot in every single classroom in the country
- immense amount of national pride
- parades
- uniforms
- what is good for the state is good for the people
- ...whatever else I feel like doing.

And just think, one day, I might get there.

That is just my ideal state based upon my own opinions. If anyone takes offence to it then I recommend that they do not just sit here reading my list but instead go and do something productive with their lives.
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Seems our states would be at war.

Certain people would be brutalized by my state police.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by legbreakgoogly)
$7000 USD.

You should know what esse means. Vatos.
Should? Sounds awfully authoritarian to me - your imposed linguistic change on the NewMuslimBrits! I might say, "you should stop bombing us and respect our beliefs if you choose -contrary to historic Islamic teaching- to live here rather than in an Islamic country (or Dar al-Islam)".

edit: For me, make it England's laws, state, rulers and political landscape of 1890-1914.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Zakaz)
- Fascist state.
- National service for both men and women aged 18 years (choice of military or civil).
- decent military and nuclear powers
- Death penalty for murderers, paedophiles and terrorists.
- prisoners forced to work, not just sit about all day
- decent immigration laws
- state controlled media
- Christian/Atheist
- white
- communism banned
- homosexuality banned
- muslims banned
- state flag and mascot in every single classroom in the country
- immense amount of national pride
- parades
- uniforms
- what is good for the state is good for the people
- ...whatever else I feel like doing.

And just think, one day, I might get there.

That is just my ideal state based upon my own opinions. If anyone takes offence to it then I recommend that they do not just sit here reading my list but instead go and do something productive with their lives.
If anyone takes offence they could use a bit of the toughening up your education system would no doubt offer.

But I've bolded up the parts I disagree most with. The "types" and philosophies you wish to ban are intrinsically weak and so themselves impose measures to protect their weaknesses from public recognition. Freedom and goodness and real conservative thinking and everything we love can be free -and yet remain free from communism, fascism, Islam and Cultural Marxism (you shouldn't leave that out of your list ever).

The right ideas, for us, will win every time if we had only ourselves to think about.
Zakaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ArthurOliver)
If anyone takes offence they could use a bit of the toughening up your education system would no doubt offer.

But I've bolded up the parts I disagree most with. The "types" and philosophies you wish to ban are intrinsically weak and so themselves impose measures to protect their weaknesses from public recognition. Freedom and goodness and real conservative thinking and everything we love can be free -and yet remain free from communism, fascism, Islam and Cultural Marxism (you shouldn't leave that out of your list ever).

The right ideas, for us, will win every time if we had only ourselves to think about.
That's a good point actually; in banning these things I make them seem worthwhile and hence more attractive. Whilst if I educate people in these things and allow them then the people wouldn't want to do them anyway.

Good idea. :yy:
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm Once I buy another country using all the money people left behind when they went to live in the sea, I think:

Constitutional monarchy - Keep my position safe
Prime Minister - First appointed by me
Government - Elected every 4-5 years
Foreign Affairs
Keep out of war unless absolutely imperative to state's security
Close relationship with India
Home Affairs (also known as "lots of affairs")
Compulsory education 5-18 (Can drop out of school at 16 and do 2 years national service at military or civil level if they so wish)
Secular State
Although all religions are welcome; apart from places of worship no public signs of religion are allowed (Religious Turbans, Crosses, the collar thing vicars where = no-no) - You can wear them though in your place of worship.
All protests must be licensed first by the Government
No Death Penalty
Life means life
Littering in public, failing to flush public loo, results in heavy fine
It is compulsory for all cars to be insured
Sexual preference is free, equal gay rights civil partnerships and all that
Freedom of speech allowed, though if your going to speak to an audience about something "political" (IE Not Romeo and Juliet) then you will require a license from the Government.
Freedom of the press is allowed, state is not answerable to other states for press actions though the press is answerable to the State.

Immigration

Encouraged for skilled migrants
We will provide refuge for citizens fleeing persecution in countries that permit torture and the death penalty, but they must successfully apply for asylum first and be working for our economy

Flag would be: - A gold circle in a purple rectangle, in the middle of the circle would be an armadillo.

To set up a political party would cost £500, show you will stand in at least one constituency. Failure to do so would result in a £1500 penalty.

I dont know the first thing about economics, so Ill copy the policy from the neighbouring country when they're not looking.

The crown would be a cube with a big pole coming out of it, with a head which resembles Johnny Depp, though doesn't because then we would have to pay royalties.

If I missed anything do let me know, I will be happy to include it :P
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Zakaz)
That's a good point actually; in banning these things I make them seem worthwhile and hence more attractive. Whilst if I educate people in these things and allow them then the people wouldn't want to do them anyway.

Good idea. :yy:
Sorry Zakaz, I don't know enough about fascism to comment really so probably shouldn't have bolded it. I might have succumbed to the prejudice and bigotry which is usual regarding that philosophy. But generally, I think ArthurOliverLand would allow freedom of conscience and religion and related liberties.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nightowl)
Encouraged for skilled migrants
We will provide refuge for citizens fleeing persecution in countries that permit torture and the death penalty, but they must successfully apply for asylum first and be working for our economy.
Is that the only meaningless 64,000 dollar question? Do they increase the wealth of every Brit, or are increases in GNP primarily in the pockets of immigrants and their homeland-fellows picking up checks at money-mart?

And who cares when the other angle is national suicide and race replacement? (The need to flee and the ability to offer refuge, are both strongly correlated with race, and unless we start sending the best non-Whites home will continue to be. So long term planning is needed. For Africa. !!! Good luck.)

edit:make it correlated with culture and religion if you recognise it but are uncomfortable with yourself for doing so. The fact remains.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't mind them sending money to their families if that's what you mean, I'd just like a little money from them too, I wouldnt want them giving all the money over in some sort of slavery, just would like them to find employment and in doing that encourage them to get back on their feet in Nightowl Land after suddenly departing from their homeland.

I'm proud Britain is a refuge to people fleeing political persecution.

EDIT: Im not sending people back to countries where they're going to get tortured executed.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't mind them sending money to their families if that's what you mean, I'd just like a little money from them too, I wouldnt want them giving all the money over in some sort of slavery, just would like them to find employment and in doing that encourage them to get back on their feet in Nightowl Land after suddenly departing from their homeland.

I'm proud Britain is a refuge to people fleeing political persecution.
I'm not exactly proud, but my family have contributed to helping refugees and I'm pleased that they did.

I helped at a homeless shelter and a drop-in for several years and without question you are sometimes helping very needy people, but among them you are also helping some -perhaps they were close to a majority at any one time- feckless inadequates to remain dependent, and also drawing in peripheral, weak, vulnerable/easy-option types to a lifestyle of dependency and personal irresponsibility. Sometimes fatally.

I don't know that the international aid and asylum system is very much different. By being open 24/7 and fully staffed regardless of need, they draw in (seek and recruit?) people (states, continents, races?) who might otherwise have altered their parasitical and destructive ways simply out of personal need, but also to the long term betterment of their countries - and reduced the burden on ours.

The asylum-abuse level even in these days of supposed Daily Mail awareness is underscored I think...

Leeds city centre is full of Albanian males (we pretend they are Kosovans) aged between 18 and 30 all day every day - their supposedly threatened wives, mothers and sisters back home cowering in cellars as they wander round town in their new yet 80's style clothes (god knows what that's about)...but not working for the British economy.

Anybody in Leeds who catches the bus along Kirkstall Rd past Yorkshire TV will also have noticed the massive number of un-needed Africans going to the Immigration Office. They are more evenly balanced gender wise, but they are not acting as I would do if my people were threatened back home--no petitions, meetings, street demos, TV appeals--just the passport please! And laughing and shouting like happy Africans on the way.

Oh I dunno....Asylum is good but theft and race-replacement is wrong. Squaring that circle and -since the White man's burden is not dead but is very very tired- making Africa and Islam something which the rest of the world need not be burdened by seems to be the task.

Containing the threat from a powerful adversary is the answer with Islam, and starting to treat Blacks like fellow self-responsible adults is the politically impossible but necessary first step. Will Blacks allow it, will White liberals of right and left stripe allow it? If not why not? Whose interests are they actually serving?

Anyway, I can't keep my own room tidy. Nobody helps me!

edit:Laurence Auster is best on Islam, nobody has answers for Africa.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thank you for your reply, I don't think I was ever going to be able to solve the World's immigration problems in one post, especially not in my fatigued state, but it is a subject which intrests me, so I will look into Laurence Auster, thank you for your input.
ArthurOliver
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thank you for your reply, I don't think I was ever going to be able to solve the World's immigration problems in one post, especially not in my fatigued state, but it is a subject which intrests me, so I will look into Laurence Auster, thank you for your input.
If fatigued is a codeword for havinghadafewbeers, I'm in the same state. I find the world and it's problems are easily sorted in this state.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What, this?

I would rule decree and shout "EVERYONE MUST NOW LIVE IN THE SEA".

Whole country to myself. Problem solved.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
bring in death penalties for paedos, murderers, drug dealers and rapists.
thieves and racists lose a hand and then gets no help from state.
human rights removed for certain crimes i.e terroism, paedos, rapists, racists.
flogging punishment for lesser crimes.
addicts rehabilitated.
anti-social people given national service.
prisons become prisons not free hotels.
religion removed from polotics completely.
Immigration given tighter reins, all immigrants capable of doing so work.
stature will not affect the law.
Pensioners given more money.
Native britons of all creeds given precedence over immigrants.
Police given greater powers.
freedom of opinion and speech
NHS made best in the world
law abiding citezens made safe
no repression based on colour, race, creed, religion, or sexuality.
freedom of all civil rights for law abiding citzens.
PC removed completely

basically obey the law and you enjoy life, break it and hurt others and your in deep sh*t
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise