The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Tue 19 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Hey guys,
Retaking this exam for the 3rd time now :mad: Last time I did it in june 2010, the paper was 1hr. Now it is 1hr15mins. Anyone know if they have added anything to the specification? I read somewhere, that they have increased the time to allow people to fully attempt the A* questions. But is that all there is to it?

Thanks
Original post by tomkeys
Or this too!:biggrin:

:s-smilie:
Original post by Fatima0065
Hi does anyone know any good websites for sample answers on proton nmr and carbon 13 because i hate it :smile: im always losing marks in past papers because of it...thankyou in advance 😊

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/OCR%20Chemistry%20A/Unit%204/Unit%204%20resources.html
Reply 203
Hello everyone! im doing this paper too and only starting proper revision for it today :frown:
Reply 204
Original post by umair.khan
Hi everyone, erm how much marks do you need on this paper to get 28 UMS :biggrin:

How can people be two years into A-Levels and still not understand how UMS and grade boundaries work?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 205
Hello,

For polymers, do we need to remember the monomers that make Kevlar, terylene etc ?

So could we get a question:

Describe the polymerisation reaction that forms Kevlar, including an equation with the repeat unit.

(without it providing information on the monomers)
Original post by Derpman
How can people be two years into A-Levels and still not understand how UMS and grade boundaries work?

Lo i know how it works, but i was wondering how much raw marks would 28 UMS give you, since ont he grade boundaries it doesnt specify it. They just give boundaries required for a grade.
Reply 207
Original post by niaghez
Hello everyone! im doing this paper too and only starting proper revision for it today :frown:

Don't know why you got neg, I am as well! Yikes! :eek:
Reply 208
Reply 209
Original post by Bright
Don't know why you got neg, I am as well! Yikes! :eek:

well that person is a d**k.
lol yaaaaaay at least i know you here! :biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 210
Original post by niaghez
well that person is a d**k.
lol yaaaaaay at least i know you here! :biggrin::biggrin:

Haha yep! 3/5 of my exams this summer has been chemistry, thankfully this is the last of the lot. -__-
Reply 211
ahaha you are so lucky! i finish 23rd? lol i dunno! How did you find the other one we did yesterday? fekr nemikonam 80 A bashe khaily ziade chon hame vaghean javabashoon khaily fargh mikard.
Reply 212
Original post by niaghez
ahaha you are so lucky! i finish 23rd? lol i dunno! How did you find the other one we did yesterday? fekr nemikonam 80 A bashe khaily ziade chon hame vaghean javabashoon khaily fargh mikard.

naa man 22nd June finish mekonam.. not so lucky because I am SO unprepared for these :l

Areh manan hameeno fekr mekonam, it was a relatively easy paper but I made stupid mistakes misle hamish ¬_¬ but I don't think the other were THAT hard, like the one which only required 65 for an A..

I think it might be 77/78 for an A.. hope I get it! :'(
Reply 213
Original post by Bright
Areh manan hameeno fekr mekonam, it was a relatively easy paper but I made stupid mistakes misle hamish ¬_¬

Original post by niaghez
fekr nemikonam 80 A bashe khaily ziade chon hame vaghean javabashoon khaily fargh mikard.

Out of curiosity, what language is this? Google translate cannot comprehend it :confused:
Reply 214
Original post by Bright
naa man 22nd June finish mekonam.. not so lucky because I am SO unprepared for these :l

Areh manan hameeno fekr mekonam, it was a relatively easy paper but I made stupid mistakes misle hamish ¬_¬ but I don't think the other were THAT hard, like the one which only required 65 for an A..

I think it might be 77/78 for an A.. hope I get it! :'(

areh manam fekr mikonam ya 77 ya 78 vali shayad kamtar bashe :biggrin: i hope hahaha.
what did you get for the dichromate reacts with hcooh??
Reply 215
Original post by ChrisJ
Out of curiosity, what language is this? Google translate cannot comprehend it :confused:

Haha! it's Farsi/Persian :]
Reply 216
Original post by niaghez
areh manam fekr mikonam ya 77 ya 78 vali shayad kamtar bashe :biggrin: i hope hahaha.
what did you get for the dichromate reacts with hcooh??

HOPEFULLY! :wink:

I got Cr2O7-+ 3HCOOH .. I don't remember properly but I multiplied HCOOH part by 3 to balance electrons..
Reply 217
Original post by Bright
HOPEFULLY! :wink:

I got Cr2O7-+ 3HCOOH .. I don't remember properly but I multiplied HCOOH part by 3 to balance electrons..

see i cant bloody remember what i put! vali bebin 2ta equation bood vase hcooh? ya faghat yeki bood?
Reply 218
Original post by niaghez
see i cant bloody remember what i put! vali bebin 2ta equation bood vase hcooh? ya faghat yeki bood?

Na fekr konam faghat yeki bood.. you just had to put the more neg at the top and the less at bottom, then balance e- and the reactants of the bottom +products of the top and vice versa with an arrow.
That's what I did.. hopefully dorost bashe.. haha but I hate how many stupid mistakes I made on the paper :'(
Reply 219
Original post by Bright
Na fekr konam faghat yeki bood.. you just had to put the more neg at the top and the less at bottom, then balance e- and the reactants of the bottom +products of the top and vice versa with an arrow.
That's what I did.. hopefully dorost bashe.. haha but I hate how many stupid mistakes I made on the paper :'(

was the the reaction between hcooh and cr2o7 or cr2o7 and hcho?
because i first did hcho + cr207 because the emf of the hcho went to the left because it was more negative.. vali khob age ro emf hesab kony mishe cr207 + hcho. pas did both of the half equations go to the right?

Quick Reply