skin between toes splits open Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
between the third and last toes. It happens between the crease and is quite painful. I have been staying at home lately and like to walk barefoot, so I don't know how it could be athlete's foot. It starts randomly as well.
What is it and how to treat it?
Thanks.
FunkeyMunkey
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is your skin dry and cracked? Maybe you should just clean and moisturize it well, if it doesn't heal maybe go to your GP?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
Is your skin dry and cracked? Maybe you should just clean and moisturize it well, if it doesn't heal maybe go to your GP?
I put cream every night on my feet and I don't sweat. I need something that will help me feel the pain less between now and tomorrow. It's painful to walk
gypsyclimber
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make sure you keep it clean if there's any break in the skin as you don't want it to become infected, but just use cool water so as not to irritate the skin further. It could be some sort of small rash or chapped skin, the slightest problem between toes can be very painful as the skin is very delicate. I would recommend washing it with cool water, avoid too much moisturiser and don't wear socks whilst you're at home to reduce any chance of friction irritation. You could also try some sudocreme as it's great for healing skin. I would say go to the doctors next time you have a chance
HistoryRepeating
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You have athletes foot.
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
could well be athletes foot, go buy some anti fungal cream from a pharmacy and stop walking bare foot, youll give it to someone
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HistoryRepeating)
You have athletes foot.
is right.
Architecture-er
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Athletes foot, but in very cold dry conditions the skin will dry out so much that it splits and tears, rather than getting squidgy and sweaty.

Get some cream for it and apply it morning and night - and wear socks in the house to help stop your feet drying out. Note the difference between wearing socks all day, and wearing damp sweaty socks - the former is fine.
IndiaCaitlinn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
between the third and last toes. It happens between the crease and is quite painful. I have been staying at home lately and like to walk barefoot, so I don't know how it could be athlete's foot. It starts randomly as well.
What is it and how to treat it?
Thanks.
Make sure you clean between your toes properly and DRY it because when you don't dry it thoroughly it can cause things like athletes foot which can cause the skin to crack.
Moisturise it and when you can take your socks off and let the air get to it.
If all else fails, go to the doctors.
arfer36.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Get some white thread, put it in the split
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.67%
Fairly positive (221)
32.99%
Just another year... (265)
39.55%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.79%

Watched Threads