The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: TotoMimo's Magical Munchie Makers!

Scroll to see replies

I'd make a batch of vanilla sugar (just sticking the pod, even once deseeded, in the sugar jar) - as it lasts ages and can be used in so many things, from taking cupcakes to the next level, a vanilla note in a cup of tea, even for my cereal! It's just economical :biggrin:

Ingredient: tinned tomatoes
One of my favourites is to blend up half the tin, spread it on a toasted roll, top with cheese and Italian herbs and grill.. cheap pizza. (A quick Google shows me this is popular but with ketchup or tomato puree, but i hate the taste of tomato puree)

Ingredient: Red and green peppers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 222
I'm torn between two options:
1. Uni living option: Chop the peppers into cubes, throw in a couple of eggs, some milk, a bit of cheese and a chopped up pepperami. A quick and yummy omelette!
2. Slice the peppers, add some onion and chicken pieces, fry them with some mexican spice, and buy some fajitas. Salsa, guacamole and sour cream are also good additions.

INGREDIENT: PINEAPPLE
Reply 223
Mmm I made a gorgeous Caribbean Chicken dish once that I never made again for some reason... Chicken, pineapple, sliced peppers and chopped tomatoes baked in the oven.

INGREDIENT: Peanut Butter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Add a spoonful or two into some porridge, with either some jam or chocolate (spread or chips). Makes for a desserty breakfast or delicious treat! That, or make your own PB cups!

INGREDIENT: MASHED POTATO
Get your fork and rake it into a little farm with the indents of the fork, then add tons of brown sauce. Mmm, guilty pleasure.

OMELETTE
Reply 226
Not really and ingredient, but:
Chop up some pepperoni, dice a pepper and add a bit of grated cheese. Quick, easy and YUMMY. Fantastique!

INGREDIENT: WATERMELON
Don't you start dictating to me what is and isn't an ingredient Miss Dani :wink: IT IS IF I SAY IT IS haha.
Reply 228
Original post by MelissaJayne
Don't you start dictating to me what is and isn't an ingredient Miss Dani :wink: IT IS IF I SAY IT IS haha.

Apologies! Anyone would think Toto was rubbing off on me :tongue:
Reply 229
Original post by dani_1991
apologies! Anyone would think toto was rubbing off on me :tongue:

hoi, you! :tongue:
Reply 230
Original post by TotoMimo
hoi, you! :tongue:

Luff you reallyyyyy <3
Reply 231
Nobody's replying lol :frown: I didn't cos I hate watermelon, the texture just gets to me eurgh...
But someone I know eats their watermelon with salt?! Strange.

Ingredient: Sweet potato

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tough as I love sweet potato in most forms but my most common use of it is just baked with a touch of salt slowly in the oven and then I put low fat sweet chilli cottage cheese with it. It's a really nice healthy dinner/lunch and tastes grand!

ingredient: Lemon
Original post by MelissaJayne
Tough as I love sweet potato in most forms but my most common use of it is just baked with a touch of salt slowly in the oven and then I put low fat sweet chilli cottage cheese with it. It's a really nice healthy dinner/lunch and tastes grand!

ingredient: Lemon

Add the juice and zest of the lemon to condensed milk and double cream and smooth the mixture over a biscuit base and refrigerate to set. Lovely lemon pie.

Ingredient: orange

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Orange juice! Not sure what else, other than maybe the zest in hot cross buns or cake?

INGREDIENT:
BROWN SUGAR
I'd make some cupcakes :yep:

INGREDIENT:

LEEK
Reply 236
LEEK AND POTATO SOUP. It's lovely! And different to the usual soups I have, so makes a nice change.

INGREDIENT:
FRUIT COMPOTE

Quick Reply

Latest