The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: TotoMimo's Magical Munchie Makers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Apart from the fact I'm allergic, tinned crab meat is amazing in numerous dishes!

Blend 85g of plain flour and 1 egg to make a dough. Allow to rest 1 hour.
Pop the crab meat in a blender with the juice of 1/2 a lemon/lime, a chilli and a little butter.
Whisk an egg in a separate bowl.
Roll the dough out either with a pasta press or a rolling pin.
When your pasta is the desired thickness cut it into squares. Pop the crab meat in the middle-front, fold the pasta and seal with a little egg mix (all corners!).
Pop the pasta into boiling salted water, take out when it floats.
Transfer the pasta to a frying pan with butter, bay leafs and dill. Allow the butter to melt first, pop in the herbs, then pasta.
Transfer to plate, pour over the butter sauce.

My ingredient;

Sodium Alginate
Reply 141
I think Sodium Alginate can only call for a really yeasty SOURDOUGH BREAD, Antiaris!! Although I've never used it myself apparently it just makes the absolute best, most KILLER Sourdough bread.

My ingredient is:

Tinned peaches.
Reply 142
Original post by TotoMimo
I think Sodium Alginate can only call for a really yeasty SOURDOUGH BREAD, Antiaris!! Although I've never used it myself apparently it just makes the absolute best, most KILLER Sourdough bread.

My ingredient is:

Tinned peaches.

Jamaica Ginger Cake cut in half, spread double cream across the top and layer with peaches. Repeat for other half. :smile: or just a simple flan base with double cream.

Ingredient:

BBQ sauce
I'd just have chips and BBQ sauce to be honest!

My ingredient is...chicken!
Reply 144
Your ingredient of chicken depends on the cut for me to pick the best dish for it; but if I'm going into it blind, I would say, a spicy Cajun Chicken Jambalaya with plenty of paprika and scotch bonnets for a bit of fire!

My ingredient is: BOUDOIR BISCUITS/LADYFINGER BISCUITS!
Reply 145
I shall take up your challenge Monsieur le Toto! Feminine foodie appendages will be ingredientised!

Soak fingers in a sake/tea mixture
Boil some whipping cream with some sugar, cardamom pods and lemon zest. Remove pods and allow to cool. When cool whip until thick.
In another saucepan pour a little apple juice over mint leaves and some sugar. Pour in agar agar. Bring to boil.
Put cream on the fingers. Pour a little apple-mint jelly over the cream cake. Allow to cool.

Seriously, I have too many ideas in my head at the moment...

My ingredient;
Gone off pear.
People can do stuff with gone off apple (crumble) and gone off banana (banana bread), but what about pear?
Reply 146
Throw it in the bin - I couldn't think of anything and I googled it and still couldn't find anything. Plus pears are gross.

Lamb Cutlets?
Reply 147
On a side a note, Toto can you please message me your address so I can come and kidnap you and keep you as my own personal chef/food slave. Thanks.
Reply 148
Sleep deprivation has just upgraded lamb cutlets to lamb shank with mint sauce, mash, carrots and sprouts. / roast :redface:

Marzipan :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 149
For me, dark chocolate and marzipan is a match made in heaven. So either a dark chocolate covered marzipan, OR a cake (victoria sponge style) with cherries (glacé), dark chocolate chunks and pieces of marzipan.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/449932/Cherry-and-marzipan-cake

(this doesnt have the dark choc though, I just think that would be a good edition!)

Ingredient: marshmallow fluff
Reply 150
With Marshmallow Fluff, you should make MADIERA CAKE S'MORES.

Okay, so it's not TRADITIONAL s'mores, but it's amazing.

Take a slice of Madeira cake, as thick as you like. Spread with Marshmallow Fluff. Then crumble (not decimate! Just lightly break apart) a McVities Chocolate digestive/ Choco Liebniz over the top. SRSLY UGUYS. This is one of my favourite ways to eat Marshmallow fluff outside of "JUST SHOVE IT ON A CHOCOLATE HOBNOB!"

My ingredient is... GALAXY CHOCOLATE!

Reply 151
I haven't tried it (I'm not made of money damnit!) but I imagine a chocolate fondue using strawberries and galaxy chocolate would be a little short of heaven!

Ingredient: glacè cherries
I'd make cupcakes and stick them on top. Although to be perfectly honest, I don't really like them very much!

My ingredient is...stale bread!
Original post by alexsasg
I'd make cupcakes and stick them on top. Although to be perfectly honest, I don't really like them very much!

My ingredient is...stale bread!

Get some turkey mince, garlic, chopped herbs..blend the bread up..make meatballs! Nigella does a great recipe.

Iceburg lettuce
Original post by MelissaJayne
Get some turkey mince, garlic, chopped herbs..blend the bread up..make meatballs! Nigella does a great recipe.

Iceburg lettuce

Has to be a classic prawn cocktail. Make up a simple cocktail sauce with tomato ketchup, tomato puree, mayonnaise, Worcester sauce and lemon juice (play with ratios until you find your ideal blend), and season to taste with salt. Throw in your prawns and coat well with the sauce. Spoon the mixture over a mound of finely shredded iceberg lettuce (In wine glasses if you're feeling retro =P) and sprinkle with cayenne pepper or paprika to garnish [=

My ingredient is rump steak, I have a piece to use for dinner tomorrow so more unconventional suggestions are very welcome. Recommend cooking it past rare though and I will not be impressed!
I made my parents a meal before of pan fried Rump steak with homemade onion rings, roasted tomatoes, a rocket salad and homemade marmalade. I'll find the recipe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pansearedrumpsteakwi_87510

Well worth it! Though is you're shorter on time, you can just buy the onion rings etc.

My ingredient is caramel
Original post by MelissaJayne
I made my parents a meal before of pan fried Rump steak with homemade onion rings, roasted tomatoes, a rocket salad and homemade marmalade. I'll find the recipe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pansearedrumpsteakwi_87510

Well worth it! Though is you're shorter on time, you can just buy the onion rings etc.

My ingredient is caramel

I'd make a caramel & pear cheesecake - the cafe Belgique do a delicious one, I adore it.

My ingredient is...tomatoes!
Reply 157
Alex, I would make you a Southern Tomato Pie; Shortcrust pastry case filled with various tomatoes, topped with a savoury cheese egg mixture, baked gently.

My ingredient is... A packet of Hob Nobs!
Reply 158
Crush em up and make Malteser Fridge Cake. Mmm...

Ingredient: tinned mushrooms
Reply 159
Sadly, tinned mushrooms are the sorriest form of mushrooms. Their slimy, briny composition means they're only good either: Blended into soups, or as part of composite dishes like Pasta Bolognese (where it doesn't matter about the salty mushiness!).

MY INGREDIENT: EGG NOODLES!

Quick Reply

Latest