Turn on thread page Beta

Dont they make you want to smash your phone? I would just turn mine off, but the power button is broken...

I certainly didnt agree to my details being handed over to third parties...so much for the Data Protection Act...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    apply sledgehammer...

(Original post by heminder)
    apply sledgehammer...
    Haha...nah, I'd rather not shell out for another phone...

ReputationRep:
    *goes to patent an anti-spam system for mobiles*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr4470)
    Dont they make you want to smash your phone? I would just turn mine off, but the power button is broken...

I certainly didnt agree to my details being handed over to third parties...so much for the Data Protection Act...:rolleyes:
    You could always just take the battery out. Anyhows, I don't care - I don't get spam on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    i dont ever get them so i doesnt bother me its prob because i dont give my number out to companies

(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    You could always just take the battery out. Anyhows, I don't care - I don't get spam on my phone.
    Yeah, but when you're tech support you need to be reachable...and switching it back on requires me to fiddle with a screwdriver.

(Original post by Niaya)
    i dont ever get them so i doesnt bother me its prob because i dont give my number out to companies
    Heh, all I did was register with O2 (and I specifically unticked that box by the small print).

ReputationRep:
    i'm part of a pilot group 'wisekids' which promotes safety for young kids using mobiles and the internet, there is a law where if u reply to the company sending you the messages with just ''stop'' they do have to stop. I havent tried it, but its what we reccomend, let me know if it works

(Original post by lil_lloyd)
    i'm part of a pilot group 'wisekids' which promotes safety for young kids using mobiles and the internet, there is a law where if u reply to the company sending you the messages with just ''stop'' they do have to stop. I havent tried it, but its what we reccomend, let me know if it works
    That'd be a waste of credit, and simply flood me with more messages. Theyre coming from an "unknown" number ...theyre those "TEXT 84501 for.." style things.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but when you're tech support you need to be reachable...and switching it back on requires me to fiddle with a screwdriver.

Heh, all I did was register with O2 (and I specifically unticked that box by the small print).
    did u read the thing next to the box because some times you have to tick if you dont want to recieve the messages

ReputationRep:
    That'd be a waste of credit, and simply flood me with more messages. Theyre coming from an "unknown" number ...theyre those "TEXT 84501 for.." style things.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs=Q7...G=Search&meta=

Sky News are textspamming you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dont get spam on my phone just hundereds of e-mails and i'd like to know where the hell they got it from personally!

(Original post by Stick Man)
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs=Q7...G=Search&meta=

Sky News are textspamming you? :p:
    No, that was just an example.

Its mainly the same 3 messages over and over, some competition ****.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.